Interested in online French classes?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by nilaa, Sep 2, 2008.

1. rumyar

rumyar New IL'ite

Its good too see so many people joining hands to learn French online together. Kudos gals!

I have been learning German for a while now, a few inputs from me,
    --> try and talk as much as possible in french. TALKING HELPS!:cheers
    --> Try and learn the words for simple things daily, like when you brush your teeth, think about how you would say you are brushing your teeth in french!:coffee
    --> If French has gender associated with everything, learn the gender along with the word!! its a MUST! :spin
    -->Watch French movies! Best French Movie is Amelie! Its a fabulous movie! I completely fell in love with the movie :).

Alright gals!
    Good luck
    Ramya

2. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Watch Malena, a wonderful french movie too.

3. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

dear Ushagiridhar, Srama, jaisapmm. Huma, kutty80, kaumudi, Dheeksham, padmavathi hope and wish all of you have joined the online French classes.
    kindly share your learning experiences and learning tips with us. Rumya and Umaraj thanks immensely for your good wishes and input.keep giving us your support.
    Chandramukhi and Alpa will help us clear doubts and there would be many ilites who are good in French will surely guide us. So foks lets get started n full swing:thumbsup

4. Bhuvana Ram

Bhuvana Ram New IL'ite

hi friends,

I am also interested in learning french. I want to know how much time do we need to spend in a week? How about the pronounciation? How to interact with each other. Few days back I watched a french movie with subtitles in English in World Movies. I was just thinking that this will be helpful for those who want to know advanced french. please let me know when are we starting the classes and from which website. My husband was learning German online few months back. I've got german and spanish language cds which are very helpful in learning these languages at a basic level.

5. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Just to make things clear, Nilaa i just speak a petit peut (this is very little french)! Alpa os the one who speaks French very well!
    Ladies, check the bbc and livemocha site out. No worries re. the pronouncation. Just try and go for it!

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear NIlaa,

S'il vous plait means - please
    in invitation cards we can read at the bottom of the card RSVP it means - repond s'il vous plait - please reply.
    Chandramukhi merci, you are also good in french.

my dear ladies let m give you a tip, lean your nouns, that le and la properly howto use them basically all languages have male and female
    The verbs are very important, i will now open all my french book and help you with the easiest verbs, the action verbs also what books to buy for your french and the verb book, i have a verb book which really helps.

if i don't reply please send me a PM.

Ladies thanks :bowdownfor motivating me.

love
    alpa:cheers

7. nilaa

nilaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Ladies,
    Hope and wish all of you have enrolled in the online course and started learning. It's a beautiful learning experience. We will have to sit with a notebook like any other eager kid and common sense takes over! One hour a day will suffice. Also please share your experiences and tips.

8. KalyaniBhaskar

KalyaniBhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am also interested in learning french. Please count me too.

kalyani

9. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

How are your French lessons going? I didn't have any time to work on my French lessons. As of next week I will study 4 hours per week.

10. bipasu_1950

bipasu_1950 Junior IL'ite

nyhow thank you for the information,
    with regards,
    bipasu_1950
    :):):):)