1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just Another Day....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Awww Kamala @kkrish,

You guys spoil me! Thank you for your words :) Just this morning, it has begun raining and Toby simply dislike rain and refuses to go out.
    I opened the patio door, he did not go out and he then went running to the front door and I am like "You dumb dog, it is raining in the front too" but I had to open the door so that he can make sure of it :) The pain in his eyes when it rains, poor puppy ....then comes the umbrella out and a walk, for I have learnt that he does not mind concrete, but the wet grass that bothers him! My friends say I humanize him but when he is so expressive, how can one not?

Enjoy your day!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    kkrish and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

Your "Just Another Day" is better than my special days. Only yesterday, you posted a link about how meditative dish washing is and today you are here with your raking of leaves. I am sure you must be enjoying watching the nature during the entire 2 hours and got into meditative state.

It is in the nature of Toby to chase Lizards and Squirrels and all he wants to do is to play with them. Orion does that all the time. My wife makes fun of him by telling him, "The leader of Lizards have already sent an email to all other Lizards that Orion will be out soon and hide wherever you possible can". It is such a fun to watch when Lizards go high up and Orion waving at them asking them to come down with is elbow.

Kindly stop giving boost to Toby as Boost has theobromine which is bad for his health. You must find another alternative to get him excited.

Viswa

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

I am quite happy to get into a state of not thinking and just being! Dishes can be meditative no? I mean for that matter anything can be meditative, if we chose to do it with care rather than as a chore. I have been on a cleaning rampage, my friends assure me that I am always on one....I sorted out all my clothes and I was surprised that I was actually enjoying it :) We all have our little quirks no? For me clothes need to be put away, right away!

With winter here, for us now it is mostly some bunnies, a deer here and there rarely though and very very hard to find any type of lizards. It is mostly the bunnies under our patio that catch his attention. I can imagine how Orion must be having fun.

Thank you for the heads up about boost....thankfully, it is the word more than boost by itself! He often gets his treat when he comes home running and if I can't get him to come home, all he needs to hear is Car!!! Loves, loves going in the car!

Thank you for your response as always sir!

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Srama,

Reading your just another day even made me happy. As the new year approaches in my motherland , I wish you to have many more just another days and prosperous and happy new year.

Like @kkrish mam said I too have my just another days very similar to you but I can never express like you. Reading your posts makes me feel that you are reading my mind. As my day to go back to Northers hemisphere coming soon , I am overwhelmed with the emotions thinking when I will see my parents again. Reading your writing helps me to overcome my sadness. Thank you so much.
    Love
    Vani

kkrish and Srama like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani, @girvani

Always such a pleasure to hear from you! I am sure you are having tons of fun with your parents. I can understand the way you are feeling and at the same time I am glad my snippet helped you a little. Enjoy your time with family and look forward to many more!

Isn't it amazing that all of us have such peaceful moments? I have just learnt to hang on those during my day and let everything else slip by. Like I have always said, I am grateful to have this platform and my friends here who cheer me on - something my family finds amusing but very grateful! Recently on our travels, I was so lost in nature that I did not realize I was being talked about - I believe I looked like an excited and lost puppy in the woods, going all over not knowing what to do. So they get to experience first hand! That said, you should write. I know you will do an amazing job and thank you for your words in the appreciation thread also!

Enjoy your time and your trip back home! Happy New year!

girvani likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Am I right that only women can think of raking leaves and lazier days in one group : ) And call them just another day. : ) The holidays ended up being a series of just another days. Each day I recounted the day to better-half with an "I feel so guilty...did nothing...", the nothing included cooking 2 dishes, or vacuum/mop, or deep clean of a 1 square foot area of storage.

Srama, do you ever put an item on the list after doing it? I do. And, I've tried all apps and systems, finally nothing like paper and pencil. By the by, you figure in the list sometimes. If there is a snippet I've been waiting to respond in sufficiently long contiguous time.

Happy New Year. May it be filled with many just another days, lists with check-marks, and times when the mind is list-less. : ) LOL. I just realized listless is made of list and less. : ) I meant sans-list.

Srama likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Srama,

A mundane day made memorable by your words! Nice write-up:thumbsup:

Srama likes this.
  8. nness

nness Bronze IL'ite

Sweet, brought a smile. Thank you.

Srama likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha nice write up on just another day of raking leaves doing dishes and Yoga.
    Loved this one ! Sometimes its that silliness or innocence that brings a big smile on our face. I prefer clean sink and counters in the mornings else I wouldn’t know how to function:) Hope you had a wonderful new year

Srama likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Rihana,

you are right! Like laziness goes with all that raking :) I am happy to hear that all your holiday time was just another day kind of time. That is how it should be! Nothing (cooking, dishes etc) in our world is very different. I am sure if we didn't do all these with a meditative compulsion, we might start looking outward. Glad to have company here.

And my friend, I am so touched to hear that I show up on your list. How sweet is that! Yes, I am your good old pen and paper list girl, love it that way.

Like I said earlier too, you come to my mind while cooking sometimes and soon I might join this elite group of instant potters! I am contemplating on buying, just mentioned to a friend a week ago and she has asked me every single day if I have done it. It is so hard for me to shift like that - I do enjoy the process of cooking even if it is a simple dish. But I am sure only time will tell, that is if I get one :)

Thank you for your warm and lovely response!

Rihana likes this.