1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Appreciation Vs Expectation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Dec 21, 2018.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

EnlightenedSoul and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for mentioning my name and appreciation.
    You are like lady BHISMA PITHA Matha maha of IL. with your encyclopaedic knowledge spanning the entire spectrum of human life and activities, easily the most widely read author in IL.
    The most impressive and characteristic of your responses sometime is subtley
    blunt in calling spade a spade.
    Regards.
    God bless.

3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Periamma.
    jayasala 42

4. jayasala42

Thank you Thyagarajan Sir for both the mails you have sent.But for this group and another group from our bank, I would have remained imprisoned in the kitchen always thinking about sappadu and tiffin.In my college days in Trichy I used to particiapte in all the essay and oratoric competitions and inter collegiate debates.After marriage focus was limited to office correspondence and mostly related to administration matters.
    1994 to 2010 we were busy in marriages and attending child birth of daughter and daughter in-law and enjoying the proximity to the divine world of ignorance.We were blessed with three grandsons and one grand daughter.Now there is enough time.US and Singapore visits no more attract us and seem to be tiresome and our own residence in Ashok nagar with all the dirt and filth around,charateristic of Chennai seems to be a heaven.Entire time( except two hrs in the kitchen) is devoted to reading news papers,philosophical and spiritual texts and do some scribbling now and then.Definitely it is a meaningful time pass at this age.Recognition is very much secondary to me.We just share and get contentment.
    We can atleast be sombody in stead of being dissolved as nobody.
    jayasala 42

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

9)9
    :hello:Absolutely. I feel I too sail in the same boat. I presume this status would prevail to almost all IL’ites who are septa octa nanogenerians. The concluding portion of your above quoted response deserves standing ovation from everybody and anybody.
    Happy holidays and onece again wish you in advance robust intellectually rewarding year 2019 and pastime.
    God bless.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  6. smuruga

smuruga Senior IL'ite

Yes Mam as you said you remind me Bharati in his lines
    "தேடிச் சோறுநிதந் தின்று - பலசின்னஞ் சிறுகதைகள் பேசி - மனம்வாடித் துன்பமிக உழன்று - பிறர்வாடப் பலசெயல்கள் செய்து - நரைகூடிக் கிழப்பருவ மெய்தி - கொடுங்கூற்றுக் கிரையெனப்பின் மாயும் - பலவேடிக்கை மனிதரைப் போலே - நான்வீழ்வே னென்று நினைத் தாயோ?"
    You are like Bharathi with abundance of knowledge and vision!
    For me your writings are life long companion, whenever i need a friend I look for your articles and read many times to feel better.... Thank you for your time! May god bless you always!

“A blessed companion is a book--a book that, fitly chosen, is a lifelong friend...a book that, at a touch, pours its heart into your own.”

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. jayasala42

Thank you Murugan Sir for your kind words.Appa1 What a comparison to Bharathi!I would be happy even if I am comparable to 1/1000 of Bharathi.
    jayasala 42

8. jayasala42

Dear Agatha madam, Thank you very much. As you have mentioned, no senior vidwan including MS, MLV and Semmangudi escaped the acid arrows of Subbudu and I very much remember a board outside Music Academy with the words'Subbudu and dogs will not be allowed'. He never hesitated to comment about one of the Musical trinity Muthuswami Deekshithar saying that Deekshithar composed only to boast about his erudition and fluency in Sanskrit and his knowledge of Western and Hindusthani classical unlike Thyagaraja whose aim was to promote real bhakthi.'
    He had to face life threats from many and he was uncared for in his last days.Except Abdul Kalam nobody went to honour him on the last day.
    Subbudu's life is an eye opener to everyone that hesitation to appreciate combined with sharp criticism ends in troubles.
    jayasala 42