1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bedwetting By 8yo

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by nayidulhan, Dec 17, 2018.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Indusladies has been my ''goto'' place for solutions to all kinds of problems in life, for several years now. Thank you ladies for your love, warmth, affection and above all the willingness to share here, your experiences and wisdom. :)

I am dealing with a situation that I don't think too many people face. And I cannot seem to find a solution for it. My daughter is 8 yo. She is completely potty trained for day time. She has complete control over her toilet needs. However, she has bedwetting issues. She has to use a diaper every night. She sleeps well (sound sleep) and so does not realize when she has to visit the toilet.

I have tried waking her up once or twice in the night to take her to the washroom. She is completely in her sleep then and tells me the next morning that she doesn't remember me walking her to the bathroom. Also, waking up several times in the night disturbs my sleep and gives me a bad head ache the next day. What should I do to correct this?

Please guide me.

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Restricting fluids after 6.00 p.m has helped my kid. Not something I really want to do but it has helped .

3. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Bed-wetting: What Causes Your Child to Wet the Bed?

Also, if you are restricting fluids an hour before bed time, please ensure that the child drinks plenty of water 2 hrs before bed and later has sips of water to quench thirst especially if you are in a hot, dry weather.

4. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Clean drumstick leaves well by removing the tender twigs. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. Add 4 to 5 pods of garlic and fry well. Now add these drumstick leaves and fry untill they are cooked well. Sprinkle salt and very little sugar at the end and mix well. Give this Curry to your dd at least 4 to 5 times a week for 2 months at least. You will definitely see the change

5. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

And did you try, taking to washroom just before bed??

6. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

This is not something unusual, this is called nocturnal enuresis(night time bed wetting), if you are comfortable putting on pull ups in the night, please go with it, it will save you from being sleep deprived. Please do not worry too much about it most the kids outgrow by the time they are in teens. I understand about 4-6% kids do have this issue, they will outgrow it eventually. Please do not limit liquids, most of these kids suffer from constipation and restricting liquids will worsen it. You may please consult a doctor if you want to.

7. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your replies. It means a lot.
    My child does not drink much water during daytime and then sips a lot after 7pm. I will have to monitor her water drinking schedule now.

Yes, she goes to the washroom before bedtime.

I will try the drumstick leaves thing. Is this vegetable available throughout the year? In my side of India, people eat this vegetable during monsoons but only until the onset of the holy month of shravan. so asking.