Silver Goddess Idol Crack

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Sangeeta85, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

hello ladies on the Indus after a long time.
    I have a 1 is silver laxmi murti and another one is too silver but do not know as it was given to Fil but I liked it so brought it (it’s very old but very beautiful)and both of the got cracked since they are hallow ,
    The things that are bothereing are
    1: it happened during Navaratri n laxmi murti both of them .
    2:what should I do
    3:One murti I can replace but another one is from the famous temple given by the priest to Fil ,don’t know how to get it repaired .
    Please give me suggestions.

2. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sangeeta

When you purchase one silver idol ask the shop people if they can give you contact for repair. They can advice you regarding repair and if silver can be melted and joined.
    You can also maybe melt and get a new idol made.

Sangeeta85 likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madam,
    After all these are made of malleable metals and it has its own life however precious it be to us, and in whatever way it might have come to our hands.There is no inauspiciousness at all about this.
    In 1955 the kolu(Navarathri) stand with nine flight of steps cracked and all the hundreds of dolls that were acquired for generations fell down and destroyed.It took nearly five hrs to clean.We were much worried on seeing the faceless, limbless dolls going to the garbage.I was a young girl at that time. My mother was highly practical.She brought one Krishna doll for 8Annas ,drew a small kolam and ,kept the doll and continued the pooja with some payasam.That was a great eye opener for me.There are cracks in temples too, and statues crack. They normally replace and don't repair, as repaired ones cannot be placed in the pooja.
    Just buy a fresh murthi and start worshipping.No wavering thoughts or hesitation.it would only confuse us.The association with the old murthi and you has just just stalled and you will establish a new association with another vigraha and it will last for years.
    Get rid of fear.Wish you all the best.

jayasala 42

joylokhi, Sangeeta85, lazy and 3 others like this.
  4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Madam,
    This reply is very very practical. Lot of times we are struck in dilemma when any such things happen and associate any harm that has happened to the incident. Thank u so much for this post.

5. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Thank you..

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Yes u right it’s good to be practical
    Thank you..