Does Any Woman Has Interst In Stock Market?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Summasumma, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Summasumma

Summasumma Guest

I was wondering does any woman invest in stock market...Forget investing so far I have never seen a lady colleague in IT industry even talk about stock market...probably someone like investment bankers might...but wondering why this trait is missing among ladies in general even in this modern age...

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Because most of the ladies are aware that investing in such things are ways to lose money sans gaining huge money.
    Not everyone wants to take risks.
    Personally I know ladies / guys who have invested huge money and lost everything

Lalithambigai and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

stock market investments involve risk and lot of time and constant monitoring unless you are the type who can invest and forget for years.

that is why you don't see many in IT talk about it .

but I do know a few Sahm who do trading etc, for that mostly you will need to associate your self with broker firm and be available during trading hours which is really not possible for working people but still some who are very interested do it .

so most choose more easier option of mutual funds.

actually on an average they say the return is around 12% in India for longer term for market investments as it goes through lows and highs. you can get close to 10% in much safer investments but you need to look out for special schemes from lic and banks from time to time....

4. Summasumma

Summasumma Guest

There are lot of scientific articles explaining the link between testosterone and risk taking behaviour...probably that explains here.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

6. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Follow threads of our in house Stock market expert @rachaputi to find animated discussions by IL's on stocks and Mutual funds. Infact if you have any query related to stocks or MF's and seeking help I would recommend to discuss with her. It was a while ago but I learnt quite a bit from her and her colleague who used to post threads to educate all of us here.

I feel we too invest but where we invest differs due to the various reasons already well explained above and more importantly we don't feel the need to announce to everyone what we are doing with our money even if they are our colleagues.

In a lighter vein, it's like we might prefer to have idly vada with sambhar and chutney in a decent hotel prepared by a good chef (MF) and you might be OK with DIY Maggi (directly investing in stocks). Maybe our objectives differ. Maybe you want it fast (winning or losing money) and we prefer instead slowly but surely :) We want everyone in the family including us (so we don't have to cook ourself at least that time) to have a good time, without any tension and remain healthy in the long term :) It's OK to prefer a different dish than yours na? :)

SinghManisha and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

I can suggest one thing...women can invest in mutual funds( long term..more than one year ) through any registered broking agency. Even though risk is there, but with long term capital gains tax exemption up to Rs 1,00,000/ per year, it is worth taking risk.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Why don’t you share your stock market expertise with the rest of us ?

Laks09, shravs3 and Lalithambigai like this.
  9. Summasumma

Summasumma Guest

My intention of the post was not to share my expertise assuming I have any. In my friends circle many of the guy colleagues invest in shares...some following fundamentals, many in mutual funds, some day trade scalpers, some swing trading and I being a rash fellow speculate and take technical positions in stock futures. In my opinion I noticed most of the guys from Mumbai participate in stock markets. 20% to 30% IT guys participate and regularly discuss during office breaks. But I have never noticed female colleagues talk sbout this. Also if you ever see any video or picture from dalal street or wall street I haven't noticed a lady there..only the news reporter in NDTV profit or CNN will be a lady. Its irony ladies being a strong manipulators in family circles :blush:, shy from being a stock manipulator.

10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

“ Its irony ladies being a strong manipulators in family circles :blush:, shy from being a stock manipulator.”

Another assumption on your part piqued my interest about what the intention of your post actually is ?

Lalithambigai and shravs3 like this.