1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fight With Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shreya001, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Shreya001

Shreya001 New IL'ite

Hello Friends

Mine is not happy married life but going on for kids... whenever we had fight I use to call him for compromise.. and he started taking me for granted... it always hurt my self respect but i thought its ok ...For the first time in 10 yrs it happened that i didnt call him and we are not talking to each other from last 10 days.... i am feeling very uneasy inside but if i called him this time he will think i am mad and my self respect will be big zero.. please suggest what should i do..

Thanks..

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

How he will know your its ok turned to self respect now?

3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

May be this case - bcoz u r asking for compromise every time he may feel comfortable and may expect you to come. May be for that matter he may have his heart on you who knows? He won't say this out due to ego. Or wait for some more days and then observe whether he can bear this sort of void or not. Then decide. But Pls don't loose ur heart. Every couple have their own ups and downs, understandings and misunderstandings. Cheer up.

4. Shreya001

Shreya001 New IL'ite

PLZ REPLY FRIENDS..... I need suggestions

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Shreya,

Communication breakdown can be distressing and I understand how you feel. Since you have been always making the first move, perhaps he feels a sense of entitlement, takes things for granted, thinks you made the mistake n so you approach first or he is plain dumb that he doesn't realise the misery he has put you in. Since you are feeling the pinch, take the initiative in making peace now. Once the issue settles down, when both of you are in good mood, express how you feel, what you need and how the absence of it affects the relationship. Stating your expectations clearly without much melodrama generally helps. Even if he tries to stonewall at that moment, he will understand eventually. Express explicitly that you want him also to initiate the peace process, at least, sometime. Some people require specific instructions and training! Ensure not to get excited and restart a fight. Watch your tone and the body language. If it is difficult, message him your feelings and expectations sincerly. He will get a chance to read, reread and understand.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    peet1983, Ammu2886 and NeetaR like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Your first post is not very clear.
    What is a typical fight ?
    What is the cause of a (typical) fight or squabble ?
    Are fights just yelling at each other in raised voices ?
    Do both people yell, or just one yells, and the other one walks away?
    After you compromise, what then ? How does each person feel peace or truce had been achieved ?
    Are there hugs, kisses, etc.. ?
    There is just not enough information for an informed suggesting from people.

lavani likes this.
  7. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

I too feel that if you can share more details like @Amulet said, it will help people here to understand your issue better for giving practical suggetions.

Amulet likes this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

From: Why Couples Fight: The Top 5 Issues | Science of People
    The Top 5 Issues Couples Fight About:
    What do most couples fight about? Here are the 5 most common issues:

• Free Time
    • Money
    • Housework
    • Physical Intimacy
    • Extended Family

vaidehi71 and oliveleaf like this.
  9. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Another i feel that needs to be added , is Power struggle. I feel this is very common that most realize , fortunately after some time and also with the wisdom of one of the spouse, the other one realizes that there is no power when it is everyone's responsibility. but when one of the spouse is immature and does not realize it, it never ends.

i am gender neutral, as i have seen both, in my house it was my H , god grace, it is no more. and in my neighbor house, it is his wife. and it still is going after so many years of marriage.