1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Day At The Park

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jun 14, 2018.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

good baala paadam like bala padam - yethaarththam :)

jskls likes this.
  2. GoogleGlass

yeah limitations are lies :)

jskls and kaniths like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

oru velai, adhellam namakku namey solikkara poi(s) nu solla vandheno? :smile: :facepalm: :lol:

jskls and GoogleGlass like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

illannu poyya solrathaa? illa aamaannu nesaththa solrathaa? orae conpoosanaa pochchae boss :)

jskls and kaniths like this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear @jskls
    My mother used to pray regularly till her death. Once when she finished her prayer in her '90s and came to the drawing room, I asked her what did she seek in her prayer. She replied, 'I prayed God that I should remain a child until my death'. I was stunned. That's how she lived her life. Childlike curiosity and innocence. She bore malice towards none. She accepted bad people as part of her Karma.
    Sri

jskls, satchitananda, Mistt and 4 others like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I have to disagree @jskls
    What the children of those two moms showed, is nothing but yadhaartham and vivegam.

To be honest I had to relearn these two qualities from my own children. On countless occasions they have shown more maturity and acceptance of this world than I have. So much, that many times I have cringed with shame on how small-minded I had been on a particular situation.

We seem to be losing such qualities as we grow older. I think the culprit is ego.

jskls, ashima10, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Nice thoughts .
    They say children are close to bring Divine be ause they are yet to develop their Egos . Once older , their Egos grow larger thanthem and thats why all troubles begin .

Retaining achildlike heart and mind in this world is difficult . But we can surely try !

jskls, kaniths and periamma like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear jskls,
    This reminds me a story of Tolstoy in which children forget and become friends again but the mothers sulk on and on.
    We have a little child inside but problem is with ego. It inhibits the child within and clouds it. The same kids when they grow up become egoistic again. Scales tilt.
    Syamala

jskls, kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

As we grow older, our discrimination develops and sometimes, it works well to develop our own character and other times, it leads us into judging others. "Don't be childish" or "Grow up" is what people say, if we say something silly. We don't have to talk, behave and depend on adults like a child. As an adult, we understand the world is interdependent. However, the essence of child's life is simplicity and that is precisely what we need to keep in tact, even after growing up. They forget things easily even if it is a bad experience and always their love is unconditional. Sharing, caring and togetherness come naturally to them. They realize their mistakes very quickly. This is my humble view.

Viswa

jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one, jskls. I read it when you posted but couldn't post response. Glad Viswa bumped up thread.
    Children have less at stake when they hurt others or others hurt them. As adults, are choices, words and actions carry greater weight and consequence. Misdemeanor vs felony, if you will.

In general, I am not a fan of any "child like" quality in an adult. Even the fabled curiosity. Don't ask why.. Child-like qualities look better on or in children. There are adult versions of those that are more appealing in adults. Inquisitive, life-long learner being substitutes for curiosity which more brings to mind the cat that got killed.

It would be a better world if adults learnt how to handle differences, how to manage conflict, how to apologize, when/whether to apologize. It doesn't come overnight. Is learnt and mastered over time.

As adults, apologies and forgiveness given too easily cheapen themselves. As do affronts adopted too easily. : )