1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nightmare Neighbour

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by rizi, Jun 11, 2018.

1. rizi

rizi Junior IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    Living in a first-floor apartment, my neighbour who lives below me is a nightmare! She constantly complains about NOISE NOISE NOISE. initial days I was very apologetic to her, gave sweet dishes, cakes etc to maintain a good relationship. but she was constantly shouting and cursing, I told her to leave me alone and let me live. I inquired about her in the neighbourhood and most of them said she is evil! but all of them are very sweet in front of her so she doesn't torcher anyone. this week I couldn't stand her anymore, I invited her for a cuppa and talk about the problem. While I was waiting for her my heart was pounding, felt dizzy and nauseous. she came I asked what 'NOISE' she is talking about, she said 'some NOISE some NOISE' I asked her is kids running? NO chair pulling? NO ( i have put area rug around dining are and cushion pads from ikea for all the chairs. she never gave me an answer she quickly walked towards the door said I have to go. I said please I want to solve the issues, I also said people in the neighbourhood gave nothing good to say about you, and I am trying hard to maintain a good relationship with you from the beginning. ( i don't know whether it was the right thing to say or not) Now she bugs me to tell who 'bad mouthed about her, I said I cant say that. She went an confronted literally everyone! Now there is meet-up coming up( all Indians meeting up for a small celebration)she said she is going to ask me and shame me and ask everyone whether people live a life like mine blah blah. Now I will be attending this function but feeling very anxious, how do I respond to this? My neighbour is in her late 50s and there are other women that age, ( normally they give free advice to young people) HELP ME PLS

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Is she an Indian??
    Just ignore her. If she complains about noise again, tell her to complain to leasing office.
    Regarding the function, every one knows about her already. I don't think she will do anything bad

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  3. rizi

rizi Junior IL'ite

Yes. Indian.

4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Best thing face it and get over .. if she creates drama leave but before u tell u had called her to talk about the issue and she did not say a thing but run ..and having conversation in a celebration is really making everyone uncomfortable ..

5. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

So pathetic... Don't worry about her she wouldn't dare to ask anyone.
    Everyone knows about her, she should know that too
    If again she complaints ask her to complain to leasing office. Don't be so nice, show little attitude. I'm learning this hardway...
    You go to the function don't care about her.

shravs3 and radv like this.
  6. rizi

rizi Junior IL'ite

Thanks alot ladies, when I see her do I say hello to her or just ignore? She has gone and asked everyone in the neighborhood and also put it on the whatsapp group! She lives alone , she doesn't work or no commitments so she makes a big issue even with a small issue. Now she is working hard on trying to make the whole neighborhood against me. Someone I know, told me she is spreading that I said this about that person that about this person....I have a very busy life, (kids and work,)but when there is poojas etc happening I like to join. But this lady has crushed me into pieces ...Advice please.

7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

i would say ignore, dont be polite.
    get on with ur life and kids.be happy in front of her

8. adismom

adismom Bronze IL'ite

I would suggest you just act casual on the outside and not disclose that this is a big deal for you. Don’t go out of your way to say hi to her but if you come face to face, do say hi. Since you both will keep coming across each other in the future as well, better not to sour relations with her.
    You did the right thing by inviting her and asking her what noise was disturbing her and there is nothing to feel guilty about regarding that.
    The extra sentence about what the neighbors think of her was unnecessary, but I can understand how it may have come out inadvertently due to her behavior.
    Keep your chin up and go about your business, people will forget about this soon

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Agnisuprya

Agnisuprya New IL'ite

Hi, member in distress. as a relationship counsellor and real estate risk consultant i can suggest you to follow the following points.
    1. If you have owned the flat, than you can sell off the flat and move to another decent location with peacefull neighbours, where there are no chatholic neighbours.
    2. if your flat is rented, than contact your real estate agent and tell him to change the flat.
    3. Ignore her evil acts and stay peacefully.
    4. Do not give replies to any of her questions.
    5. Remember patience is the name of every game in this world
    6. Do not resolve her issues. if you solve one another will pop up
    7. Consider her mad and ignore her.
    8. She might be jealous, and according to me Jealousy has no remedy to cure.
    9. Creator will resolve your issue and you will be notified on time.
    Good Luck

10. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

She's a weird lady. If she truly had an issue, she would have told you about the 'noise' problem. Looks like she just likes complaining.

Figure out whoever she spoke to n clarify the issue n that you spoke nothing about them n she's spreading false rumours. Since you are working, invite a group for a coffee n do the same.

Don't fret about her, spend the energy to extend a hand with the rest of them n keep it peaceful / friendly with them.