1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Loving Husband Turned Evil

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by daisy1234, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I only talk English,walk English , laugh English :grin:
    Becauj few Indus Ladiez bura manning ( peyton manning ka theesra bhai)
    Sorry no shayari, coj hindi talking on IL is big crime,
    Only prajapathi, homeopathi, abusive pathi allowed.

Sorry @shakee! Promise not to take up more of your post with my nonsense .

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Omnipotent Bhaskaran is ubiquitous!

3. daisy1234

daisy1234 Silver IL'ite

My goodness. I have no words to express my gratitude for all the responses from you girls. Big thanks to everyone @Sandycandy, @yellowmango, @Joyoflife, @DDream, @SunPa . And you @Rakhii where do you find time to devise a plan to fix my marriage issues and care about an anonymous person. I wish I know you in person and wished to have you as my friend. I truly appreciate you all and I am overwhelmed seeing all the replies. You are selfless and doing an awesome job. I used to be a lurker on this forum for all these years but it took me a long time to truly believe if this forum can help me overcoming my issues. Oh boy! I was wrong, no counselor would have shown me interests genuinely like you all do. Thank You!!!!!!!

Yes, I will follow your pointers and try to get back my lost love. I know I have to fix myself before blaming him. I have many faults too and I am not a saint. I cannot hide my emotions. I pour it all - be it love or anger. During the last fight, I didn't spare him and blasted him for his insensitiveness. Yesterday after returning back from work, he kept trying to talk to me about the last fight, wanting to sort it out but I was not in a mood to reconcile. This continued even in the middle of the night but this stupid egoistic woman in me stopped all his advances. This is where I am in dilemma. When he is apologetic,usually I give in and we both return to normal but we never find a closure for what happened during the last fight. Should I give in or should I still stand on my point saying - I am done entertaining people and I want to focus on myself and my family. This is what I am, this is what I can do and do minimize your expectations.

As someone pointed out in one of the thread which caught my eye -" But somehow, the "obey to his words" "respect his decisions" and then "slowly turn the plate around with lovely gestures and sweet smiles" bring one word to my mind - disingenuous. Or 'oblique'. And complicated
    Why not keep it simpler. Play fair. Fight fair. Argue fair. "

This is where my conflict starts. I personally agree to the last line above and I also believe in equality between us and not ready to give up easily when there is no fault of mine. But he wants me to forgo everything the moment he gets back into his senses which is very difficult on my end. He would definitely prefer the first phrase - obey, respect, express lovely gestures and smiles.

As @Sandycandy pointed out - 'the true test of a decent human being is how he or she treats the spouse during stressful times'0. I would say he is 80/20 in this. I went through some really tough times and he was right there 100% supporting me and did not let me fall. Ex. I was in diff state working and suddenly received an India call about my mom's health condition and had no choice than leaving to India immediately. He traveled to my place same day for 6 hrs, consoled me, made me quit my job, booked my flight ticket, cleaned and packed my room, shopped gifts for my family on his own, took me back to airport traveling 6 hours again in the worst possible weather condition, all with in 24 hours. I doubt if I would have done that for him. Another incident, I wrecked my 2 month old Lexus SUV (totalled) and when he came and saw me and my child in the ambulance, all he did was hugged us, calmed us and took us home. Not one word of blame or criticized me for my mistake. Even my parents wouldn't do that to me. There were many such events. During my first miscarriage, he was the one cried for days and I was strong and consoling him. But during both my deliveries and recovery stage, he acted very strange and found fault in everything around the house, very very very minor things to even write it down and made my life miserable. I was crying hard the same night I came home with baby for some kitchen issue he was mad for, which was not what I expected him to be talking about instead of cherishing the new born's first day in the home. Yes his mom came for both my deliveries but I did not expect him to behave that way when I was at my most vulnerable state of my life. I was on my feet with in 5 days of my delivery driving in and out of the house. For the first baby, I was going to my physiotherapist everyday to fix my face and for the second baby, I had to pick up and drop off my daughter. He never did care about my health and assumed I was all normal although I went through terrible depression having his mom around ( its altogether diff story). This kinda mindset remained through out the first 2 years of my baby 1,we were fine for 2 years later and its back again with baby 2.

@Rakhii, I will start working on the first 6 points you mentioned and they are very useful. I know I have to be more organized, less stressed about kids eating and kids health and be carefree. After kids, I have become this anxious mom who is constantly worried about what ifs and what if not. I wake up in the middle and worry for some unwanted things and be stressed all day. He hates to see this person who is constantly stressed, angry, nagging and I realized these are the signs of PPD and I will sure seek help to fix myself. I reread your last 4 points again and again - Yes, I don't remember being verbal to him anymore. I don't know when was the last time I said ' I love you or miss you' or even reciprocated it. We usually write tons of email back and forth during any time be it a special day or not, but after kids he might have send me few and I have only responded. I realized we both stopped to notice each other actually. He stopped caring how I look or how I dress and likewise I stopped too. He will be in TV/laptop most of the time and I will be with kids and we both never made an effort to get back to our old life. Weekends we mostly go out and spend evenings in watching TV but it was never an intimate moment for both of us. I tried telling him, this is not a healthy relationship and we should get back our physical intimacy. His reply will always be positive but he will never take a step for it and even if he did, the timing would be very wrong. Also I am more stubborn in not letting go some of the bad fights and postpartum delivery tortures and I don't know how to behave completely normal as the girl he married to. I feel I lost myself and my true nature in these years - I was a carefree, free spirited girl and turned into one negative person. Any little criticism from him will blow my mind and spoil my day and I do not know the ways to take it light and go forward from there. I will first work on myself and I will sure follow all your points which gives me enough confidence that I can turn the table. Fingers crossed.

Also I strongly believe he is going through mid life crisis as well, as @Joyoflife pointed out. We moved to a new place and last five years, we missed our old friends and the social life and couldn't find any similar/compatible family here except some touch and go friends. Honestly the only family we go out and socialize is his family people ( I have not mentioned about the SIL yet - a snake in the form of a human) and I am getting to realize our old friends and their families definitely played a big role in our marriage life. Those guys were really passionate and take pride in helping their wives and kids and no awkwardness like now as my DH is the only guy who stands in the kitchen compared to anyone in his family. We are stuck here for some time now with no good friends and this is something we both have to work on.

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

Sorry for the struggle you are going thru. Pray that it improves. many women have been in your shoes where they found husband to change after kids or few years into marriage. I hope you keep us updated as you work on your marriage

some of the suggestion sisters gave were amazing from you improving your efficacy at homemaking (your SIL had 5 years to practice and perfect her homemaking skill) but also look into using the saved money you have for today. To hire help, to buy food, to get babysitter or put your youngest in daycare for few hours a day....to spend a little more for peace in family

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Dear OP - after having read your most recent comment, I think both of you will benefit immensely from Marriage counseling / therapy. There are some mid understandings plus mis communication and unmet expectations. If he agrees to take one , do so immediately. Because you both need to sit down and talk your hearts out with some one present just to moderate you guys.You both have a lot of love for each other. He seems like a sensitive human being. You need to tell him where you got hurt by his actions and how you love him and want him back as a friend not as a dictating spouse.
    And please don't go for " respect his decisions and then turn the plate around sweetly" . That's agreeing to someone with a hidden agenda or in other words , being manipulative. You are equals, he treated you like how you deserved to be treated and you need to discuss this in the open honestly.
    There is some underlying reason to his changed behavior that made him an a$&h*le ( please excuse me) overnight . Added responsibility , job frustration , family pressure , whatever it is , only he can tell you .
    My husband is exactly like the current version of yours. Except that he has always been like this. I am pretty sure he would eat me alive with his words had I wrecked any car. I used to rattle my brains as to what might ail him but have given up now. I curse myself for marrying him in the first place.I am secretly planning an exit because I have never seen him love me unconditionally. You have and so just hang in there and try out the marriage counseling . All the best.

Zxcv, madras2018 and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Often I find that the majority of the major issues happen not because of the fight (or the reason for fight), it’s the inability to move past it. While it’s best not to get too angry and say things you don’t mean, it’s also for the best to try and resolve the issue at the first opportunity. Try to move past it. my DH was a man who would hold grudge and used to give me silent treatment for several days (sometimes even weeks). It’s completely cut down now after that major turnaround. We of course still fight here and there but it won’t go on to the next day. You will be OK, its just a major attitude adjustment for both of you. I think your true love story starts when you get past these differences.

I can usually “feel” if something is seriously wrong. In your case, I am not getting those serious vibes. I strongly feel you will be OK. And where is that bottle of wine again? lol

Pick your battles. Stand your ground when you see the need (like trivial things he picks on) but let go when you see fit. And that Daimoku chant, I cant stress enough. Its nothing religious. It just instilled a confidence that I didn’t have before.

Try not to stress about kids. My grand mom had 5 kids. She often used to tell me that I worry too much (God bless her soul) and all she did was feed the kids. Sometimes. Lol They grow up sooo fast. Just re-read my post as and when you need it but please, see a counsellor to begin with.

P.S: I would love to have you as my friend too J I am not sure of your location. If you are close to where I am, I would love to meet up with you. I know how hard it is as I was in your shoes.

7. DXBDesi

DXBDesi Silver IL'ite

Not true about men, depends on the man, some may want it but may back off, if not feeling emotionally close.

In our case, it became horrible as well after kids came, but that was partly due to my fault.

8. friendlygirl

friendlygirl Silver IL'ite

@daisy1234 I started crying when i read all your posts because i has logged into indusladies after years because i was going through the exact same situation as yours and just couldnt talk to anyone else and wanted to reach out to you all wonderful ladies. I am in a similar situation as yours except that in my case, my husband does not have any siblings...the problem is he thinks he is doing a lot eventhough he does hardly 15% of what i do, but expect to be praised 105%. He trivilaizes the things i do and big ego. He always find some excuse to not to do something and get into fights with me. I tried the same thing...which is do everything at home (i have two boys < 5 and work full time) ..those days he would appreciate me and he is happy and everyone is happy but i am just exhausted. where is my life? if he is expected to work or chip in....my God ...the amount of whining and excuses...it is horrible. God save me..if he does one thing...he needs to be appreciated for that...else all hell will break loose. i am so tired of this. I dont have siblings ...there is no one i can share this with. i am so tired.

9. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

@friendlygirl - could the reason be his being an only child ? Such people are generally over pampered and don't learn the responsibility of chores around the house. Parents always want them to focus on studies/ career and although they might get success in these fields , they don't develop good inter- relationship skills. It also depends on individual nature.Your case is different from OP's since her husband was initially a different person altogether - helpful and empathic.
    I get what you are trying to say. There are a few things you can try .Baby steps of course. First of all, ask him to give you a list of things he will feel comfortable doing and will do without your reminding / 'nagging'. These could be taking out the trash, dropping and picking up kids , etc. If he forgets to do it , remind him once but no more. Let the trash keep piling up. Also make sure to thank him when he goes out of his way to do something for you.Make him feel good about it. Sadly , you will have to train the dragon. I think it is doable albeit slow .

friendlygirl likes this.
  10. daisy1234

daisy1234 Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I have received great responses from this thread but my life hasn’t changed much from the past except that I am back to my career and that’s only adding extra stress to my already stressful life! Please help!