1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Padmavati

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vandhuamma, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

I am disappointed as well as feeling anguish at the ongoing events taking place across my country. Unfortunately there are so many events that are giving this creepy feeling especially as I have a very bad habit of turning on the news notifications from every news channel .By 2020 or perhaps before as a self-improvement strategy I want to get over this habit of reading the news. For this, my baby step is to turn off all notifications from google and the giant step is to quit Facebook. If I don’t that, I will be fed up sumptuous volume of news feed that are not easily digestible in my tummy which is trying desperately to lose a few inches.

Now coming to the point of my disappointment, it is the movie, PADMAVATI…. No no no… before you think I am a member of any sena. Let me tell you, I am supporting the movie. Though I was a bright history student I never heard of this Rajput princess and began to read about this queen only when the classic movie director Mr. Sanjay Leela Bhansali announced about his upcoming movie. Just type Padamavati in google, it is Deepika who appears…:openmouth:

After reading the facts I am eagerly waiting to see the beautiful Deepika ( according to me) dressed as a queen. The trailers which gave a glimpse and the leaked pics made me very happy. But now, the issue began people are conducting protests against this movie…. But WHY???????????o_O

How come they saw the movie?? Do they know wat is in store?? Are they speculating the events like the share market?? These questions are the reason for my disappointment.:BangHead:

Coming from a state, where people worship film stars I never had an inclination to any particular actors coz I could not see a star in them. When people should be feeling proud of this queen who was brave and is a symbol of dignity to womanhood. I just don’t understand why are they protesting??
    :imp::imp::imp:

P.S. We rarely get movies named after the heroine, people want to change that too…. :shakehead:

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Op,
    The Rajput sena karni has today reviewed the movie and given the reasons for their protest and
    the changes that are needed to be made therein. It appears from the reports that the producers have accepted
    to make the relevant changes. You can read up about the same in the Timesofindia news . I tried sharing the link, but it was not coming through.:blush:

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Watever, I happened to watch the movie. I loved it too.

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Even I am wondering the reason for protests against the movie . But the movie is good . I liked it

Vandhuamma likes this.
  5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I watched the movie and liked it very much. Was wondering what is all this controversy?? Rajput's was very well portrayed then why?
    I believe Rani Padmavathi is a fictional story and not real, so what? No sentiments was hurt and it's an 100% clean movie, I am saddened for the ruckus created for no proper reason. Five stars to Mr Sanjay Leela Bansali for his brilliant efforts

Vandhuamma and shravs3 like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Vandhuamma,

Everybody knows this story and then what is the big deal? How come the Rajput pride was unhurt since the legend of Padmavati became famous through a poetry since 17th or 18th century? When famous director Shyam Benegal made a film on this subject for TV, everybody sat glued to TV. Then also the Rajput pride wasn't hurt! Suddenly it has got hurt now, but how?

All I can assume is that some politics is being played and some are trying to hog some borrowed limelight from SLB...mmm..can't think anymore.

Swara Bhaskar, of all people got offended by this age old story and has vented that women are being reduced to vaginas by SLB!:smash2::yikes:. God bless her and her crazy mind! I wonder whether she was drunk or thinking from some wrong place while blaming SLB and snatching some limelight from him! I never heard of her when women/girls/infants were/are really being reduced to vaginas on a daily basis. Wonder how her activism woke up all of a sudden from her deep slumber! Did ghoomer song do the trick???

Poor SLB! He is having to share his moment of glory with so many hungry hounds! Tch..tch..

All I can say is, it is crazy and wrong to accuse a creative director like SLB. Having seen all his films in the past I know he cannot be irresponsible.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  7. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

After watching the movie, I am actually quite surprised why there are so many protests around this movie. It is far more traditional and family friendly, than other SLB movies I have seen. Women were all covered, completely. Whether they were Hindu or Muslim. There is no female nudity or overtly sexy scenes - only implied sex, which considering the circumstance, is VERY conservative. There are a couple scenes of topless men, but that's normal for any Bollywood movie. And despite the suggestion of the homosexual relationship, had I not read about it, I would not have even found it significant.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Sunburst, Vandhuamma and Sandycandy like this.
  8. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

I wish people protest and showed their aggression towards the other issues happening in our society. There they don’t want to speak since you will not get the same attention as you get for talking about a 100 or 200 crore movie.

Anything for damm publicity... POOR PR knowledge

9. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

My question is, Is anyone forcing people to watch a particular film? If you think it is wrong ,then dont watch.Why to create a ruckus?

If the group of Karni Sena are very strong and confident, they should presume that their folks will not watch their film since this group head doesnt approve of this film. That is called leadership or confidence.Not creating unneccesary riots and creating damage to public property.I seriously think there are a lot of jobless peoplein our country.That is why they have time to actually involve in petty issues and cause violence.

And talking about Swara Baskar, I seriously think she wants to portray herself as a strong feminist.Iam surprised at her accusation against SLB. When there are lot of crimes happening against women on a daily basis, she thinks it is SLB who has made her feel reduced to vagina. Yesterday there was a news that a 8 month old girl was raped by her 27 yr old cousin(who is a father of a son). Doesnt this news make her feel that she is reduced to vagina? Why is she not present to comment on this? We give a lot of importance to petty issues and gossip, and that is why we have these useless leaders in the name of politicians.

But SLB stands to gain in all this ruckus,because publicity even though negative is publicity. He must be thanking his stars for creating a new 500/1000 crore record.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    You said it all.. I was surprised at the kind of language Swara baskar used in her letter to Mr Bansali. I mean, how did she overlook how the director portrayed Queen Padmavathi in being successful in leading Rajput army to Delhi disguised as her maids to get back the king. How did she miss the point where the queen was successful in punishing the minister who instigated Khilji even without having to go out of her palace.
    I wonder wht she will write next if any one dared to direct Ramayana. will she say that sita is reduced to a character where she was victim of male chauvinism.

Vandhuamma, iamsrihere and Sandycandy like this.