1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Atlanta, Dunwoody /Alpharetta best options?

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by mom2ria, Apr 10, 2009.

1. padmavaidy

padmavaidy New IL'ite

Dunwoody station is near by and don't think it is walkable... There are lot of Indians living in Post.. I saw at least 5 families the day I went to check the apt.. I have no idea about pre school as we don't have kids. But I am sure you can check the forum :)

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sarkanth27,

There is good local transport in dunwoody area. You can take a Bus to the local Marta station. Its easier that way instead of hitting traffic

3. Gayathriak

Gayathriak New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    im Gayathri living in Chicago, il. We are planning to move to Alpharetta, Ga.
    i have 5 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son.
    We are looking for 3 be townhouse in Alpharetta with good elementary schools.
    Do anyone know which elementary school have lot Indian kids in Alpharetta?
    is there any town homes with Indian community?
    looking for playmates for my kids too. I would appreciate if anyone can help us.
    thank myou

4. Meghakl

Meghakl New IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    My name is Megha. I'm glad to have joined IndusLadies. My family is moving to Atlanta and we are excited about it.
    But along with excitement there is some Anxiety about moving to new place.

I wanted to find out good Apartment/Houses to rent in good area. My husbands Job location is close to Dunwoody. Im a working mom, my girl is 4 yr old so we are looking for good daycare and school district.

Any input will help us!

Thanks

5. Meghakl

Meghakl New IL'ite

Hi Gayathri,
    I'm Megha. I saw your post of moving to Atlanta. We will be moving to Atlanta very soon and i was looking for good apartments/townhouses 2/3 BHK. I have a 4 yr old so was looking for good school district.

My Husband's office is 15 min away from Perimeter Mall Dunwoody. I'm a working mother so we are looking a family friendly neighborhood with good daycare and schools.
    Any Suggestions is appreciated!

Thanks

6. nammusinha

nammusinha New IL'ite

Hi Megha,
    We are also moving to Atlanta in a week. Just thought of checking which apartment did you find good in dunwoody or Alpharetta. I have 3 years old daughter so i am looking for more of Indian community with other amenities . Which Apartment are you staying in ? My requirements are almost same like you so if you have any suggesstions will be appreciated :).
    Thanks,
    Namrata

7. Vigneshwari

Vigneshwari New IL'ite

Hi everybody :)

I am vigneshwari . I am from chennai and it's been 2 months since I moved to US. My husband's office is at gainesville which is around 30 mins from atlanta. At present we are living in a duplex house at flowery branch. There are no indians around and I am feeling terribly lonely to sit all alone at home. Looking out for some nice apartment in atlanta with shops around. Looking for your suggestions pls :)

8. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vigneshwari,

Welcome to Atlanta. be glad you are not in one of the remote cities where its rare to find an indian store. Here you have lots of indian communities.

Instead of FloweryBranch, you can come further down and try finding houses in Buford area or Cumming area. It has lots of indian communities.

There is a H4 ladies sub-forum within Indusladies , you can find lots of tips here .
    The first thing for you is, learn driving ! That will alleviate all boredom for you.

Unless you make an effort , it is hard to find friends. so take the first step and talk to ppl when you visit local temples or indian stores. That will get you some contacts, you can invite them home for lunch/dinner. Slowly you will form your own friend circle.

Try volunteering in local libraries.

9. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I have a 3rd grader son and 3yrs old daughter. I had been there in California ,SFO bay area for around 4 yrs till 2014. then moved to Las Vegas . compared to sfo I don't like Vegas as less amount of Indians here and my kids don't have chance to interact with people. we have another choice of moving to Georgia. My husband office is located in Alpharetta,30004. So ladies can you suggest me whether Alpharetta is the place which is similar to SFO (where I don't feel missing SFO)?
    1.If it so what are all the areas where more indians are there?
    2. Can you suggest good rating elementary school and clean & decent apartment near to my husband office.(my preference will be good rating elementary school and decent apartment should be near by)
    3.if suppose to own the house what's is the price range of 3&4 bed house in a decent,good school ratings area?

Friends who have experiences in my above doubts Can you please drop your your valuable information/suggestions here? your information will give me to take a good decision about my moving ..
    Thanks in advance