1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You like your partner to be.........

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jayasala42, Apr 13, 2014.

1. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

LOL dimple on one cheek laugh1smiley

Thyagarajan, IniyaaSri and Angellic like this.
  2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

3. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

I overheard a conversation where a guy was saying, good woman are rare to find, almost every girl has boyfriend! And this is the guy who is a big time casanova.Good traditional values mean something on the lines of sati savitri. Never looked at any man before and after marriage, but should Trust their husband to have office romances etc. Husband is not expected to call/talk to his PIL but wife should lick shoes of her PIL without raising voice. Should earn and give all earnings to MIL/husband(this is real case) and get pocket money for beauty parlor from MIL. There are excellent men also but majority are hypocrites.

4. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

Strong family values are inculcated by those who've lived in a fairy harmonious family set up.

If you believe everyone must be treated with respect then you fall pretty much into the traditional values. Congrats!

Willing to put in huge efforts to make the marriage work. Understanding that happiness in a marriage is not a natural outcome in itself but directly proportional to the effort one puts into his/her marriage.

Managing work and home is a herculean task and not many people can manage both. I would prefer a woman who works part time so she will be around to look after the home and children as well.

This brings me to a question. Is morality subjective or absolute?

One small request though. Kindly use normal fonts (size and color). It becomes easier to comprehend and communicate. Thanks :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

You're right that traditional values means something in the line of Sati Savitri. Sort of like liberal Sati Savitri if one wants to relax the definition a bit. And completely disagree with your assertion that men who want Sati Savitri's don't want to hold themselves to similar standards. That would be a gross generalization.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Men chauvinism has taken different forms in different era. Modern bride with good salary , fair , slim but should not be financially indpendent is required by few men. Boy child and girl child should be brought up in a way to respect all , then only we can hope or good future

Thyagarajan and Naari like this.
  7. WiseAgnes

WiseAgnes Gold IL'ite

The dude reminded me of my husband stories about how he never wanted to get an arranged marriage and when his dad asked him "but if you consider getting an arranged marriage for a second, what kind of girl would you choose?". His answer was also something about willing to stay at home doctor, who would live with her ILs, would be minimum 180 cm tall and speak 7 languages :tearsofjoy:
    To be fair I am 175 cm tall and speak 5 languages, but other than that my husband agreed to live apart from his parents and be stay-at-home dad. So all these sanskari guys are so determined with their preferences only until they fall in love, then they gladly settle for overambitious girls:p

8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Girls, this thread is from 2014, so it's fair to say the definitions are outdated.. the same guy was recently asked again & he's revised it to say "and kicking ass like Indian girls!";) He probably got his kicked :laughing:

Thyagarajan, sindmani and WiseAgnes like this.
  9. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

Why a girl should always obedient !! Double standards for men and women and that too from the french ??!!

Thyagarajan likes this.