1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Problems Help Please . More Suggestions How Handle

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sangeeta85, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

You don't need any ones permission to live your life. Why do you want to please people who don't care for you? If they taunt to , immediately remove yourself from the situation.go some where for a walk or put earphones and listen music. Fasting should be done for your own needs not to impress mil.if she force you tell her ..I am old enough to decide what to eat and what not to. If you fear to talk back say yes I will do everything and do the way u like. If they ask you what breakfast what's cooking say today we have mil special breakfast. If they give you lesson on how to bring up kid,tell mil you already bought up ur son (ur husband) now let me bring up my kid any doubts I will come to you no need for free advice.

If you have fear and can't fight back . Use your silence as your weapon. When they say or ask something just stay dead silent and stare at the wall or talk about totally opposite topic. Like if they say why u calling ur mother? You say mil there is some bad smell in room. Just confuse the other person.

Hope you find peace.Nothing or noone is worth your peace and health

Sunshine04 and Sangeeta85 like this.
  2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

But she comes to my face n ask will u do the fast or no .. how to avoid her wen her horrible face is right in front of me..

3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Yeah that's typical MIL dialogue.. They will even say me and my daughter don't get these things.
    When we try to blend with H's family, all they try to do is point out we are aliens(unwelcomed too) All these things happen.
    From your posts I can see that your MIL is living your life and she is constantly on your thoughts too.
    You have said that she doesn't help you in kitchen but helps your co-sis. Probably you cook much better than your co-sis. In my house too same thing used to happen. I was also wondering but she was telling someone that she doesn't like my co-sis cooking and that's why she doesn't handover kitchen to her completely.
    There is no proper solution for in-laws issues.
    One of my friends say "All Parents are good and All in-laws are bad" So the same person is good to spouse and bad to us. We can't cut off from spouse's parents and even if we do, we can't live guilt-free. So the best way is to distance them from our mind/heart. You do things which makes you happy. Husbands also know about their parents behaviour towards their wives but their ego won't allow them to accept it.
    So instead of thinking about them and hurting yourself, do things which would distract from these unwanted thoughts. I did not follow what I am telling you. I wasted my time, was unhappy on the days when my MIL taunts me. Now I realise I had wasted my time. I could've made that time happy by just distancing them from my mind and heart. No one is worthy enough to take our peace of mind and happiness.

sindmani, Cantdecide and Sangeeta85 like this.
  4. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

She seems like a very typical MIL. The only way to deal with her is to keep your DH by your side. Trust me, I am a husband and I know this.

Cantdecide and Sangeeta85 like this.
  5. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

@dollysonpari ,
    Hugs to you! I have no words to cheer you up.. True! I have not heard a mom asking son to go to a call girl..
    Take care! Hope you are financially independent.

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

true it's waste of time.. I don't let go easily do it troubles me a lot.. the worst is she knows I tend to get hurt if she talks this way but does it before my husband point out her mistake she would taunt me n give a smirk n look so helpless or what will u do now... I would just turn around n do my work n cry at night n be sleepless ...mil n fil knew I have sleeping problems even then they would do all thing that hurt...
    Cosis knows to cook they r different with her she is strong gives back answers,I heard for myself once she was back answering fil too n mil asked fil itself to keep quite..they dint wanted this all to unfold in front of me.. cosis makes them work too ..

sindmani and anushri like this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Tell her .. Amma didn't you brush your teeth.. Your mouth has bad smell.

sindmani, beautifullife30 and suasin like this.
  8. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Oh god over she will create a drama she is drama queen....and yes it's true her mouth stinks..

9. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Oh god still 32 days to go...

Sunshine04 likes this.
  10. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Luckily my husband said in the morning call my mom in front of mil ,they might be worried if ur health.. She just stood here did not open her mouth..never says yes go call ur mom will be thinking of u as u stay so far...