Too Much Focussed On Career, Please Advise

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Shreema86, Dec 13, 2016.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

2. Belovedsister

Belovedsister Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shreema86,
    you can go through Megaliving-by Robin sharma

Shreema86 likes this.
  3. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@Shreema86

I hear you and I know that feeling of never being able to satisfy one's inner need to be the best in life.

The only answer that worked and still working for me is telling my self everyday---- "I am ENOUGH".

- Repeat that every time your mind starts getting over occupied with self doubts/ insecurity/stress/ expectations from self or others. It is a sanity saving mantra.

- Repeat it loudly if your mind can't register mental affirmation.

- See yourself in the mirror, especially when you start the day and say loudly " I am ENOUGH"

- If you are too anxious and can't talk out loud, go further and write it on your mirror.
    Visual affirmations and reminders go a long way when our mind is busy in deep thinking.

- Write it down- every time you set a goal for yourself. Remember the more you affirm yourself and tell your mind that you are perfect, you are enough and you are the best version of yourself at this point in time, the more it will be easier for you to refocus on what you are good at already. I do this every time there is a big presentation/ tense team conflicts. My notepad is filled with scribbles.

- Celebrate every thing that you achieve- no matter how small. If there is no one to recognize your achievement, pat your self on the back. Reward yourself. Like you said, people don't generally care and believe me in today's competitive world, most of them are too busy to run through life, take a pause and appreciate you. Besides who wants gallons of rewards and recognition, if you don't notice and appreciate them yourself?

- It is a life long process hon. When we grow in the self- limiting beliefs created and pushed by elders/ family/ friends, affirming yourself every day is the only way to notice that you have accomplished good enough so far.

It will give you gratitude to retire the day with a satisfaction.
    It will also fuel you with the good enough energy to take on another day to get better and better every day.
    Throughout the day, when the going gets tough, emotions are tested and worries start to enter your mind, self affirmations will gently push you to take that one more step further, just long enough for you to know that " all is well".

You are the best version of yourself. No one in the world is made exactly like you and All is well with you because YOU ARE ENOUGH.

dc24 and Shreema86 like this.
  4. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

@blessings1010 today i felt very low at work, felt sidelined, felt i am no good etc etc... reading your post i am overwhelmed.. really a big thank you for understanding what exactly i need to do right now.. i know about affirmations but if i do it three days next 3 weeks i dont..from tomorrow going to do it every day, or else i am going to keep suffering . what you said about self limiting beliefs due to our early life influences is so true... i dont know how easily this can be overcomed.but ya i am rereading your post again and again... one day i want to love myself so fully that i dont feel not good enough ever again.

5. blessings1010

@Shreema86
    You are welcome. You know that try this now. What better time to test? Why wait to start until tomorrow?

Take a short break, visit washroom/ go out- tell yourself loudly " I am ENOUGH. There is no one in the world ( definitely in this organization) exactly like me. I am AWESOME."

Even if you think it is weird to talk it out loud, go for it today. If you feel better at the end of the day, it will motivate you to try it for tomorrow. ..

Relax and enjoy the day!

xoxo,
    blessings1010

Shreema86 likes this.
  6. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Starting right away:). I got all the motivation i need.

7. blessings1010

:cheer::cheer:
    You go girl!
    xoxo,