marketing apparels

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by kavinarayan, Aug 8, 2008.

1. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    iam quite good at designing salwar kameez and kurtas.....my designs are popular among my friends and relatives as they are unique in day to day wear...i only use vey moderate rated cotton or synthetic materials ...but i use a lot of accessories on the dresses....so my designs are very decent and comfortable for office wear....i want to market these products...but i cannot afford to open a boutique...since iam working in a private company....iam able to sell to few of my friends only...can anyone suggest me a method where i can market it in small scale or tailor to order...looking forward to your valuble suggestions...thank you

kavi

2. vs.jyotsna

vs.jyotsna New IL'ite

Hello Kavi,

Good to know that you design these. Could you please post some of your designs here? I will forward your designs all of my friends.

Jyotsna

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Kavi,

Read your post. I have no answer for your query but i'm interested to see your collections. If possible could you Private Message me few photos of your apparels and also your contact info. So that i refer to my friends and relatives.Thanks.

4. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

Thank tou for your reply......i will make a neat copy of my designs and post it to you within this week end.....

thank you again

kavi

5. vim81

vim81 New IL'ite

Hi
    I have a shop in Singapore. Do you think you could post me some of your pictures so that I could market it for you.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Kavi,

If your designs are really unique then let me see how i can help you out.

Would appreciate some photographs of your creations.

All the best.
    Roopa.

7. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi

As others I would be interested in seeing some creations. If it suits my style, I could become your customer :)

On the other hand, if you want to market, few things that pop up in my mind are as follows:

1) Try to sell your creations to already existing boutiques. Create your own brand and market to them. You can enter into one or more ways of agreement with them.
    2) If you know people who run beauty parlours or small shops, tie up with them to display your products or get some orders.[Places where your target customers frequent].
    3) Word-of-mouth is the most powerful marketing tool anyday. So just spread the word around through your known circle.

Btw, it will always help you if you have site for your creations. See to refer it to someone and makes the process faster.

All the best. Will wait to see your creations.

Cheers
    Jenz

8. sandrass

sandrass New IL'ite

:thumbsup.......................................:rotfl