1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make 3 Years Old Dd To Eat

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by BuviVishal, May 12, 2016.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

@swaran

Thanks dear. How are you? As two years back I am unable to online all the time. I missed all your creative and unique gift idea of yours.

Yeah exactly I am in the same situation as yours. In my case I am only yelling at her than her dad. What doubt na at her age 2 she is perfectly alright ? But now the things are differed.

My dr given certificate as she is perfectly alright checked both in india and germany. She given her growth chart.

Can you guide what are all foods can I give other than normal.one? I feel like she bored with my regular food.

She is gaining weight slowly from her birth. Looks too thin. By seeing appearance sorrounding peoples are suggesting give this tonic and that food nu.... don't know when this phase going to pass.

2. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

@shrivni

Yeah good idea. I will make her to play in a park. Thanks for this suggestion. For all we need a very passion na. I should learn first this

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

@SilverNGold

Yeah I know we should not beat her in Europe. I did this inside home only. You know she is using this in outside and how in more tantrum.

I tried this way. I just left her without forcing in our trip she didn't ask food for two days instead she asked coc and chocolates . But once comes to home she is started to eating. Unable to understand the kids mentality

4. SilverNGold

SilverNGold Bronze IL'ite

When you beat her or forcibly push food into her, she is learning to associate food with PAIN. Did you notice that among non-Indian kids such food reisistence is pretty much non-existent. Give her some bread with a light layer of chocolate frosting if that's what she likes. Bread has carbs in it. Sit around and laugh and eat together. Even if she takes a bite or two, let it go and wait till the next meal. I'd MUCH rather see a child take two bites in two days willingly than be force feed entire meals. Yes, they will be hungry and cranky for a few days but over time, when they learn there is no pressure or force in eating, they will develop their likes and dislikes and eat what they like. I always offer my daughter what she likes. And, yes, even if you beat her in the home, someone could report you, and when the police see bruises on your daughter they could ask her and she will say "mommy beats me to make me eat", you could lose your precious loved one to social services in Germany. STOP HITTING YOUR CHILD OVER FOOD.

I don't mean to scare you and I know how much you love your daughter and want her to eat to grow but it's a very serious issue when you get physically and verbally aggressive with your child over food.

IMO, this force feeding aspect is the most disgusting thing about "Desi" parenting and there is no other ethnic group that I've seen with such hang ups over pushing food into their kids months.

It's a vicious cycle- the more you force, the more they fear and hate food and then because they eat so little or sometimes nothing, they you feel compelled to force more, and it goes on for years. I'm hoping that one day, this culture of force feeding will go away.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    My kid was picky eater and I also went to doctor. If I didn't give food, won't ask for food for 3 days.
    Finally, I went to allergist. Dairy was a mild allergen, so switched to goat milk.
    You can go to the allergist, testing is painful, first research. But most picky eater have allergies, and their body guides them towards what to eat.
    Chocolate is a huge allergen for many people, don't give that.
    Eggs is a also.

Not sure if this will help you, but another perspective: try to cleanse the diet from possible allergens. Diary is a big one, so try to stop for few days. It will take few days to go out of system.

My guess is that in your DD case, diary and chocolate are culprits. No candy, soda please We can onl guess from our laptops, please research

6. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    My kid was picky eater and I also went to doctor. If I didn't give food, won't ask for food for 3 days.
    Finally, I went to allergist. Dairy was a mild allergen, so switched to goat milk.
    You can go to the allergist, testing is painful, first research. But most picky eater have allergies, and their body guides them towards what to eat.
    Chocolate is a huge allergen for many people, don't give that.
    Eggs is a also.

Not sure if this will help you, but another perspective: try to cleanse the diet from possible allergens. Diary is a big one, so try to stop for few days. It will take few days to go out of system.

My guess is that in your DD case, diary and chocolate are culprits. No candy, soda please We can onl guess from our laptops, please research

7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

And also u r with ur dad 24/7, which means no break for u. Send her to daycare or summer camp for few hours if possible , which also helps her to go to school full week in the next academic year. You as a parent need some break , it is tough to be with Active toddlers.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  8. KashmirFlower

Book kindle version 12.99 $
    Audible version 23.95 $

Before buying book you may see videos and articles from that author
    Parenting Tips
    Meet Dr. Laura and browse her inspiring and educational videos.

Please go through or search the website for specific topics,

9. KashmirFlower

When she is hungry , she asked for coke and chocolates. Coke for 3 year is dangerous, they have caffeine in it which makes kids get used to it.
    Take away coke etc drinks even ready made fruit juices from your home. Don't buy again. If u didn't offer chocolate and coke she might have had her regular food. How can she even drinking that strong coke, I wonder.

BuviVishal likes this.
  10. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

She likes that gas... not regularly she have a coke