Trying To Defeat Pcos For The 2 Nd Time Soon After Delivery

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramyasubash, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ramyasubash

ramyasubash Bronze IL'ite

hi @Vasumathy

i have already lost 2 kgs in 6 weeks. my doctor has told me that she will tell some exercises to reduce tummy.

as im having a newborn baby i will not be having time to do exercises but can walk whenever i get time. from may 1st, i will have only hot water to drink, it will help alot. you can try too. just walk n walk in between your household chores but bit fast.

Vasumathy likes this.
  2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I am hypothyroid and pcos since my teens and have 2 kids both conceived naturally.

This is what i did after first one was born

1.Had a healthy diet.Couldn't get time to exercise until first one was 3 years old.But kept myself active by doing chores,playing with my kid and making sure not to gain a lot of weight

2.Once my kid started playschool,i slowly started my exercise routines like yoga,treadmill etc and started my weight loss journey

3.By 6 months,was able to lose around 8lbs of weight and conceive second one.

Don't lose heart.If first one is through ttc,second one need not be the same.Having PCOS under control and getting periods monthly is a life long journey.So take good care of your health,the rest will fall into place.Good luck.

Zzzzahra, Vasumathy and tcbhuvana like this.
  3. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Uh
    U r inspiring..

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ranya,
    Thats good that you lost 2 kgs.. Watch your weight and ensure you don't put on.. You have time to reduce the rest.
    I am already on warm water because of cold.. But with this summer scared of hot water...
    Waking and simple exercises are going on!

JGVR,
    Thats good to hear. I am active with household chores & LO! Lets see when i loose the extra weight. Natural conception, left to GOD!

5. Lakshmi90

Lakshmi90 Senior IL'ite

I have had chocolate cyst in my left ovary and got it removed through laprascopy, was in treatment and had normal menstruation cycle and got married within 6 months, just after wedding was diagnosed with pcos and was weighing around 120lbs, later had cut down sugar,fried foods,reduced rice intake,practised power yoga,took lots of cranberries,nuts,dry fruits along with ocps and found my ovaries to be normal upon a ultrasound scan, now during my india trip i replaced rice with millets, only during lunch i take rice i replaced it with varagu and it is very helpful now i weigh 108lbs with no pcos and stopped ocps.
    I consulted dr.harini radhakrishnan and she had put me up on pregnancy medication, for the first two months i were on medication for regularising my cycles,hoping that i will conceive, we have just planned to try for a baby as i wont be getting my work permit for another year or so.
    So to the ladies out there,those who wanna reduce weight also cudnt manage without eating lunch with usual dhal,sambar,rasam,curd,ghee,podi, shift to millets the best are varagu/samai/thinai as supplements to rice,they can be cooked the same way as rice, they are very helpful for reducing weight and also help in regularising cycles, with millets intake and no exercise i have lost around 4kgs in one and half months, i cudn bring them here, so those who are in india pl make use of those precious millets for making foods, refer chitrascookbook for recipes and their benefits

Vasumathy likes this.