Prayers I offered for begetting my children

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vmur, May 13, 2008.

1. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Re: Prayers I offered

Hi Vidya

Thanx to u and vmur for the relevant info.I stay in hyderabad and em in a fix as where do i get turmeric pods...what is arecnut.aren't the shops near temple to provide these.

Is the temples garbharakshambika and KARUVALARCHERI closed on 16th due to solar eclipse....

How much time does it take to do puja in both the temples...

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Smitha,

I suggest you call the priest of the temple whose number is given in my post. He will give you all details. I have not been to the KaruvaLacheri temple myself, I understand it tkes 15 minutes to do the pooja there.

I have added the mobile phone number of the priest's son, you can talk to him also. If you can speak Tamil fine, or else you can talk to them in English.

All the things needed for pooja are very easily available in any corner shop in Tamil Nadu. You can even tell the priest to buy them for you.

Good luck. If you need more addressed or phone numbers, dont hesitate to ask.

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  3. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Hi Vidya

You are a darling to give such a promt reply...
    I am assuming that your mother got the puja done from Sri Subramaniam priest.
    I'll also then contact him for the puja.
    Hope it's not akward but can i ask as how much did he charge...

Planning to go to both the temples
    Do u also have any particular info about priest in garbharakshambika temple.
    I don't know tamil hope i don't face a prob on top of it i'm going first time
    Any hotel you would suggest in tanjore...

thanx a lot

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Smitha,

You have asked for a hotel in Tanjore. I think it is easier to go the temples (KaruvaLArcheri and Garbharakshambigai) from Kumbakonam also. From Kumbakonam, KaruvaLArcheri is 10kms away and Garbharakshambigai is 20kms away( this is the info I collected). So, it os probably better to base yourself in a good hotel in Kumbakonam and try to take a taxi and visit these temples.

I am yet to be blessed with children, and no one from my family has visited either temple. So, I am not sure how much you need to pay the priest. The pooja articles should cost less than Rs50, a rough guess. You could try asking the locals there what a befitting payment for the priest would be. Best would be to ask him straightaway.

Coffee International Hotel in Kumbakonam is supposed to be good. Room tariff from Rs 380 to Rs 600.

Tel: 0435- 2431 779

Also, if you stay there, you will find many small eateries (mess as we call canteens in Tamil) where good, homely food will be available.

I am giving you a number of a guide in Kumbakonam who has Tata Sumo cars for rent. He is also a mini scholar in local temple history and lore. Contact him if you need any help with accommodation, visiting temples, language etc.

Sri Mahadevan- 94436 50610

I must emphasis that I know this person only thru someone else and I just had one conversation with him over the phone. So, I do not know if his rates are fair etc. But I think he is reliable.

Goodluck. Please ask if you need more details. I am sure the Goddess in KaruvaLarcheri will bless you with all you desire.

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  5. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

Congrats for ur positive news. Please post the sloga in tamil. I want a girl baby,already I have a boy, but my second conception is getting delayed due to irregular periods and over weight.please teach me some diet and exercise to reduce my belly.
    and also teach me hot to do shashti pooja or viradham.please

6. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Thanks a ton vidya

And I pray may godess fulfill your wishes too...

I'm confused between tanjore and kumbakonam as another ilite friend suggested as kumbakonam to be a village and thus to stay in tanjore and visit places....

I hope the trip goes fine

take care and god bless

7. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

please post verkulali vetkai poem in tamil,please

8. svangs

svangs New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Thank you so much for the information.

Can someone please tell me how to order the Garbharakshambigai Ghee online.I mean, is there a website?

Thanks

Uma

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  9. soncha

soncha Senior IL'ite

please let me know the process of ordering ghee too.

I tried eprathana.com but they can't deliver ghee to US

10. svangs

svangs New IL'ite