House Hold Chores During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shwetapj, Apr 14, 2016.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies!

I am in my 10 week Now and have and U/S on 30th April. I am working from Home and also taking care of my household chores. At the moment, I do not have any help from either my MIL nor my MOM and hence managing alone. My DH not doing well these days hence we cannot help me. I have hired a lady to take care of dishes and mopping and sweeping. But all the cooking, dishes and laundry I have to manage all alone. And till now, I am doing it actively, that is sitting and standing, getting up, bending everything. I also lift buckets of water which is not that heavy unless its heavy i wont lift it. But in short, I am still into rigorous work.

Will it in any way hamper my health or my baby? Or will it help to get a normal vaginal Delivery?

If you advise me to stop the work I am doing above then I cannot stop as there is no other option. Looking for your valuable advise.

2. Gjcoolady

Gjcoolady Senior IL'ite

It's good to be active during pregnancy. Àpart from lifting heavy things u can do all household chores. Eat well and take rest. Don't overtax yourself.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Don't lift heavy stuff. Rest all is fine.
    Can you invest in a washing machine? It will help you now and even after your baby is born.

Husband can help you with small things like helping you make the bed,folding clothes etc.
    It is not about the work but getting used to the idea that he needs to contribute too when the wife and husband are both working.

4. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

HI ladies

thanks for your advise, Yes I have a machine, but have to manually put water using buckets as water comes in the morning at 5 am and that too for just an hour. Washing clothes within that time is not possible hence have to wash at night

5. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

u can do house hold works during pregnancy . if u be active only there are chances of normal delivery.

but do't lift weights.

n in kitchen that to while cooking do't take lot of time that heat for long time is not safe for u n u'r baby.

cook simple things.

if u r cooking dal pressure cooker keep on the stove n come from that side n cut onions r so.
    if veggies keep on pan while stirring only go near the stove.

6. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

it is beet cut u'r veggies on dinning table r far from the stove.

ironing its ok because u wil stand n do naaaaaaaaa.

tc happy n healther baby.

om sai ram
    sarvey jana sukhino bhavanthu

7. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hi vani!

thanks for the suggession. I was not aware that heat also causes trouble with the baby. Also sometimes my cooking involves standing for a long time? will that cause any issue?

8. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

I know my questions look quite stupid, but I want to take care as much as possible. Also in our village, many women who are pregnant work in the fields till 9th month of pregnancy and have normal delivery.

9. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Also there is one more thing worrying me. The feeling of nausea and smells is making me keep away from foods like toor dal and cooking which is why i am not able to get much of the cooking done as there is no one to help. I take my regular nutrients like 2 banana, milk, folicacids tabs, almonds, coconut water and drinking water even if i dont like. I take good break fast also including bread and eggs or poha, upma or thalipeeth but I am not able to have a full sized lunch in the afternoon as I cannot cook for long hours but I eat a full at night including rice and curry

I hope I am not missing anything for the growth of my baby.

10. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

104 VIEWS BUT NO REPLY :(