1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kannamma,you are my life,you are my love and you are its ecstasy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 27, 2008.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear yenetishashi,
    My dear young friend,when I read that you read the story Amma came home to your mother,invluntarily my eyes were filled with tears.I could not have asked for a better life from God for I have wonderful friends like you.
    My dear shashi,when I read such replies I feel very happy,because in whichever corner of the world the Indian woman may be she remains an I ndian and our rich cultural heritage is safe in her care and we can be sure that she would pass on the same intact to the next generation.
    Thanks for your wonderful comment.
    love
    mithila kannan

2. mithila kannan

Dear kamla,
    Thank you my good friend for that wonderful FB.I feel that middle class families are rich with such true love stories.Here you see couple sacrificing even their youth for the sake of family and remain devoted to each other,lending support to each other.
    Thank you for your kind words ,Kamla.I grew up as a positive person always belIeving that tomorrow will be a betterday.
    love can be expressed in thousand and one beautiful ways.In our Indian middle class families ,where privacy was a term unheard of by people,a woman was able to convey her love for her husband with a small smile on her lips or a shade of a blush on her cheeks.Men were and are not so lucky in their disposition.Well most of them atleast.
    But there also one could find men rarely,who were sensitive to their wive's feelings and were constantly looking for ways to express their love for their wives..
    Thank you Kamla for your wonderful FB and your kind words of appreciation.
    love
    mithila kannan

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  3. lakshmilatest

lakshmilatest New IL'ite

Is it possible to see a couple like this in this world.
    I am blessed for reading this too,

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Mithila, my dear friend,

Love, the evergreen emotion has got a golden throne now; you writing about it...

Nice narration....There is something to learn in each and every writeup of yours...Like Bharathiyar's Kannamma, yours will be living forever, too....

5. mithila kannan

My dear dear oviya,
    Your words mean a lot to me.I enjoyed writing every line of this story because the seed for this story was in my mind for a long time,when I was able to pen it down as a full story I was thrilled.I am happy that you liked it.
    lots of love
    mithila kannan

6. mithila kannan

My dear Lakshmi,
    Thank you dear.We keep seeing such couple my dear through out our journey in life,smetimes in most uncommon places among uncommon people also.
    love
    mithila kannan

7. mythili sampath

mythili sampath New IL'ite

Dear mythili madam,
    It is nice to come across a personality, which matches with the wavelength of mine.I thank God for giving me an opportunity like this to get to know you. Sometimes I used to wonder,had I been a fool to live like this , spending away our hard earned money ,on relatives,should I have saved them for ourselves. I do get many questions nowadays.I have sacrificed many wants inspite of being an employed lady.And still I keep getting comments.My recent hurt is like this.
    One of my sis-in-law 58 years old , suffering from cancer passed away recently.Throughout her suffering for the past 9 years of cancer we have supported her in all the ways.The day of her cremation someone whispered in my ears that I should put a saree on her. I saw only a 500 rupee note in my small purse I had and handed it over to one of my relatives to get a saree.When the saree was put on her body, I got a comment in a low murmuring voice, Can't she put a pattu saree on her sis-in-law?
    God , I have done so much for her for more than 25years.
    I never reacted as is my nature - or rather i have tuned up my mind like this for all these years.
    Sorry to repeat my story , but still I couldn't resist myself.
    However with all these, I am the happiest lady on earth.
    loves
    mythili

8. mithila kannan

My dear mythili,
    I have also seen all these,I have also heard silly,stupid hurting remarks and I also hurt ,my dear firend like you.But life goes on.I want to tell you one thing,people will realise your worth,your good heart and your contribution to their welfare one day or the other.There is no doubt on that.
    My husband is 70plus Iam sixty plus,our family responsibilities to his brothers continue,all I feel is a sense of satisfaction that God has given my husband the mental and financial strength to help out his siblings.I have reached a stage where a saree and a gold chain is not going to add or delete my prestige and the respect that I command.Thst is your and my strength.
    In future be bold,if somebody makes any silly remarks pay back in a very sweet manner,without hurting them and at the same time drive home your point.Saying it is very easy,but doing it is difficult,you have t cultivate taht art if you want to feel good tht you gave it back to them and there won't be any more such silly comments.
    All the best.
    love
    mithila kannan

9. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Mithila mam

Tears rolled down my cheeks by the time I completed reading the story..yes blessed are those couple who experience such love and understanding...

Thanks alot for posting such a wonderful one...I had memorized few of the sweet moments of my life...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  10. mithila kannan

My dear saahithya,
    Thank you for the wndeful comment.Iam happy that you liked the story.
    God bless you.
    love
    mithila kannan