1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Abode of Love - Final Episode

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 24, 2012.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear Akila,
    thanks for the kind words. I too am not happy with the young grand child being afflicted with a killer disease. My rational mind shouts against it. But that happens most of the time. That's His way of doing things. And as we don't have His intelligence we can't say whether it's right or wrong.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks Gayathri. No words to comment is the ultimate comment. I am humbled and honoured.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

thanks, sis. I am really happy that my writings could give happiness to my sister.
    I might publish the whole story. Vijayamma's discourses would come along with that.
    sridhar

4. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    What fitting finale to a great story... the whole story didnt seem like a story, it was like we are living through it and hearing the news and seeing the action live on tv!! Such is your narrative style. Sitting here in boston i am transported to Kancheepuram and Chennai and driving with them in the car!! Dancing with Vijayamma in bliss unaware of the bulldozers and seeing Krishna in our dance!

Its amazing how you can think of these twists and turns in the story. Such wonderful characters that we want them to be part of us forever and they will be! Just that next thursday we wont have another episode from you and we have to start imagining what goes on there in that beautiful abode of love.

Keep on creating these great stories which overflow with love and beautiful messages that can reach everyone..
    Aparna

5. varalotti

Dear Aparna,
    I live with the characters every time I write a serial. This time the living together was way too intense even for me.
    I used to wake up 2 AM thinking about some dialogues. And every episode I had to edit a hundred times to bring in that effect.
    I am really happy that it has brought happiness to a good soul and a good mother like you Aparna. That's my mission. If my writings can make you happy you in turn will make your children happy.

More than you I too am missing our Thursdays here. I'll come up with something very soon.
    You know something.. I am travelling out of Madurai today. And I am taking the whole serial (it's actuallya 240 page novel) in my Amazon Kindle to read in train.
    love,
    sridhar

6. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle
    :wowHappy Ending with lots of love, prayers and some good emotional touching feelings. Superb narration with beautiful verses from holy books. I have spent past 14 Thursdays more curiously. This serial leaves us a Good Messages [​IMG] "Love Urself, Love Others n Love Ur Enemy too", "Dharmathi Vazhvuthanai Soothu Kavum Dharam Marupadiyum Vellum Yenpthu Eyarkai- I would remembered these lines which I was studied in my 9th Std Tamil Text Book I could also remembered my Tamil mam who thought these poet and It sits on my mind as evergreen Lovely lines. Thank You so much for this wonderful Love serial. You have lived in each character Uncle. Hats Off to U :hatsoff

7. varalotti

Dear Bhuvi,
    Believe me when I wrote this story I was living with each character. I was Sethu, Swetha, Varadan, Captain, Nagaraj, Vijayamma. and everybody. And I used to get ideas even while driving to work. I used to record them some where and then incorporate them into the next week's episodes.

I thought I was just living with every character; but from your fb I now know that I am living through every character. That's a great compliment to me. I feel flattered.

And I am happy that my writings reminded you of your Tamil Ma'am who taught you the immortal lines of Bharathiyar. Only yesterday I read the whole story again. I cried on many occasions and I generally like the story.

Thanks for being with me throughout the journey.
    regards,
    sridhar uncle

8. vanga

vanga New IL'ite

Hi,

The story showed the perfect love in written form.. the twist and turns keep the story moving and gave the perfect ending!!

9. varalotti

thanks vanga for the kind words.
    sridhar

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Pranams! What an ending!! Loved the way you wound up this glorious novel.

Loved all the twists and tricks you used to make this story a memorable one. The chief minister being the other boy whom professor Thangaraj helped and the little piece of paper Jaya gave Sethu helping him out of a very tight situation, all made the story very mysterious and interesting. Everyone got their due, the good and the bad! You have a sure winner in this story! :2thumbsup:

As already mentioned, just loved the way you ended it. The episode from Ramayana surely takes the novel to another level and the 'mangalam kosalendraya' sure proves the touch of Varalotti!

A wonderful story. Thank you for penning it. I am especially obliged that you granted my wish!! The whole story reflects generosity, nobility and ofcourse...Love in its purest form. It also screams out to say that it is a product of 'The Varalotti'
    Great going sir! :thumbsup :thumbsup

It is noteworthy that you used the old age home as a matter of fact where people from all walks of life can enter and live happily without considering it as the last station before death! The senior citizens of this story are remarkable human beings with great character, humor, valor and energy! That is heartening! After all, age is only a number and one is just as old as one feels. Also, just because one ages does not mean that the person within changes.

If at all I have any point on which I differ, it will be only this..that you used a young child with Progeria as a punishment for the evil Nagaraj. I have always argued with people who point out children with some affliction as the result of their previous karmas. I have read your explanation above. Yet, I will make another bold request to you. If you ever publish this as a book or release it to a magazine, do please change that small part of the story. Let Nagaraj be afflicted with some degenerative disease!! I will happily applaud. Hope you understand my concern. I know you well and hence I did not hesitate in writing this. You will take it in the right stride! :)

Once again, thank you Sridhar!

L, Kamla