1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it difficult to find brides these days ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunavee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Arunavee

Arunavee Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your comment ! Yes I agree with what you say.I know of girls in my family who have said that after meeting with her the prospective groom told her that the final decision lay with his father !! I was surprised !!

2. Arunavee

Arunavee Bronze IL'ite

Well said Anu. I agree with you that relationships are two sided and not one-sided.Many people do continue to live in the belief that a daughter-in-law is an "outsider" and must be treated like one...differently from their own daughters.Again some girls are unable to accept people other that their husbands in their lives.Maybe mots girls have been brought up to be tough by mothers who have faced such problems.And girls who seen such problems may be coming up with such conditions.

Staying away from inlaws is not a bad thing.I believe quality of time spent with someone is more important than quantity of time.As long as a person is maintaining good relations with them and helping when required , visiting often , and being loving ,and thinking positively about them, I think they have done enough.It is always good to look forward to every visit with you inlaw than wonder when you will be left alone.Every human needs his/her space , identity and respect.

3. Arunavee

Arunavee Bronze IL'ite

You are right ! Exactly what I am worried about now.Of course my son sees a family in which my hubby and I talk and discuss things as friends...but where the rest is concerned , I will have to start making changes.Like teach him some cooking and give him some chores etc.He should not have ideas that are of the earlier gen....I feel we must also change ourselves to make it easier for ourselves to understand the new gen.....thanks for the comments.

4. kalaimusing

kalaimusing New IL'ite

The attitude of girls have become so selfish and arrogant. They treat men as worms. Nowadays boys are better than girls. The shocking change in the society will get reversed once things reach a boiling point.

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Arunavee,

I agree with the situation you have discussed here. With the world changing so much I think this generation[parents generation] faces the impact of generation gap so much. Coming to think of, we can't blame anybody. We kids easily adapted to the modern world and trying to cope up with the twists and turns it taking. But our parents who believed that kids are their only future, and dedicated all their efforts on kids, now being dependent upon the kids to take care of them in the future. Kids on the other hand, tightly sandwiched between both the cultures. They had to serve the parents with traditional values and also cope up with this modern world. So nowadays it seems its almost impossible[though its happening] to see a couple living with their parents. At least when we become old enough to be a MIL, we would definitely know what would be our position and learn to take care of ourselves in every possible way. But true, I feel sorry for this generation parents.

Very nice blog and valid question. But unfortunately no direct answer nor anyone to blame.

Congratulations on winning the finest blog award! :)

ILT

6. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

Yes, I'm sure that that is true & also these men are probably threatened by the independence of such women who want to be their equals.

Don't know why, but I'm not being able to comment on your blog about violence in TV soaps. I don't know abt the theme of Tamil soaps & I rarely watch hindi or bengali soaps these days ... but from what i remember, they also show a lot of plotting and rivalry within family members. My guess is that they still make soaps with such themes cos they DO have a viewership. If viewers became more discerning abt what they watch & stopped watching these soaps (like your parents), their TRP rating wud drop & they wud stop making such soaps. So maybe, it IS the society that is to blame. Loved you post & the thoughts that went behind it. :thumbsup