Help please ... Moving to netherlands

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by arati123, Jul 22, 2008.

1. arati123

arati123 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I'm planning to move to netherlands probably hilversum area, in a few weeks time, since my husband is getting an assigenment in IT. I'm currently in banglore with 2 kids. I'm housewife busy with kids and watching tv.

I'm just wondering what whould be the life in netherlands. Can some one please share your opinion on this? I did go through goolge search, but there are mixed views. how much would be the approximate cost of living, food, etc. and i'm pure vegeterain so will that be available there?

My other worry is about kids education; one in KG and othe in 4th standard (CBSE school). frankly speaking i could not search for any schools having CBSE syllabus, (i think there are many indian schools in GULF and many other countries) but are there any such indian schools available there? Because if we come back to india after an assignment of 2 years is over, then will it be very difficult for the child to adjust from different syllabus over there? Are there any schools around hilversum which has syllabus simillar to cbse?

I'm sorry for too many questions, but if you could please calm my anxiety that would be highly obliged.

regards
    arati
    <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_780135-->
    <!-- THE POST -->

2. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Arati,

I am not in Amsterdam and so not able to give you more information. However, I just did a google for International Schools (like the ones in Germany, a place that I know) in the place you are likely to move. Found some results.

Do a google for "international schools in hilversum" and check out the links. Usually fees are very high in such schools...but check out.

Cheers
    jenz

3. arati123

arati123 New IL'ite

Thank you very much jenz. I'll check it.

4. Kittu_Mumbai

Kittu_Mumbai New IL'ite

Hi Aarti,

Welcome to Netherlands!!!! You will find out the International Schools at Amsterdam RAI, even if i heard about some schools near Hilversum also..... I will give you details next time...

Thanks,
    Kittu

5. deeptidixit

deeptidixit New IL'ite

Hi Arati,

I can understand your anxiety. I am also living in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Netherlands</st1:place></st1:country-region> .Your First worry about children education, you will not find CBSE syllabus here. These are the following international school in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hilversum</st1:place></st1:City> area
    www.ishilversum.nl
    www.ipsviolen.nl
    www.letterland.nl

Second, you r vegetarian like me. So bring good amount of all the spices you use, tea and Tuar dal .Initially it is wise bring 10 kg aatta. |Don’t forget to bring cooker.

Third , the fixed expenses
    Around 200 euro per month for health insurance for your family
    Around 200 euro per month for utilities .it includes everything like gas , electricity, water ,internet , telephone and water.
    House rent is around 1000-1500euro.300-500 euro per month for grocery.These are the basic expenses.
    I hope this will help you.

Deepti

6. deeptidixit

deeptidixit New IL'ite

Hi Arati,

I can understand your anxiety. I am also living in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Netherlands</st1:place></st1:country-region> .Your First worry about children education, you will not find CBSE syllabus here. These are the following international school in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hilversum</st1:place></st1:City> area
    www.ishilversum.nl
    www.ipsviolen.nl
    www.letterland.nl

Second, you r vegetarian like me. So bring good amount of all the spices you use, tea and Tuar dal .Initially it is wise bring 10 kg aatta. |Don’t forget to bring cooker.

Third , the fixed expenses
    Around 200 euro per month for health insurance for your family
    Around 200 euro per month for utilities .it includes everything like gas , electricity, water ,internet , telephone and water.
    House rent is around 1000-1500euro.300-500 euro per month for grocery.These are the basic expenses.
    I hope this will help you.

Deepti

7. arati123

arati123 New IL'ite

Thank you so much Dipti... We are starting to think this is a very expensive place !!!

8. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Just fyi, you can find Indian spices in Holland and also atta is available.

9. sharmila kamal

sharmila kamal New IL'ite

Hi Aarti ,
    Its Sharmila from Dordrecht near to Amsterdam . We have also just settled in Dordrecht . I am a married Indian from Pune . How about you ?
    rgds
    Sharmila

10. Kayal_k

Kayal_k New IL'ite

Hi Sharmila,

I am Kayal currently resident in Singapore and I would be moving with My husband (who has gained a job in Dordrecht) and kids in Jan-Feb 09. Can you pl. give some information (like Schooling, Indian groceries, Cable TV, Moving around, hobbies etc.) in and around Dordecht.

Kayal :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008