1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Small Joys of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tweetyme, Jul 30, 2010.

1. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

I boarded the bus at 8.15 AM early in the morning, and settled in a window seat.The cool breeze playing with the curtain of my window and the old but all time favourite song 'najane meri’ from the movie DDLJ playing at a slightly louder volume gave a fresh start to the day.I am half asleep when am woken up by the next fast beat number that followed .

I clipped both the edges of the curtain to sneak a better view at the outside world.The smoky gray clouds have been trying unyieldingly to borrow the beauty of the sun but managed to get just a tint of silver lining whenever they covered the sun.The sun is like a fire ball emanating light rays which spread across like a sheet of polished golden threads , straight and direct- seemed like the rays of hope directing the world towards a better tomorrow.kids dressed in white and blue, wearing shiny tiny black shoes waiting for the school bus, executives dressed in smart suits driving to office with one hand on the steering and other busy sending text messages on blackberries alerted me on the various tasks I need to do that day .As am pondering over my pending tasks, I couldn't stop wondering at the energy and bliss a lovely beautiful morning brings to our everyday life!

Infact, life offers so many blessings and small joys which are either taken for granted or ignored by us.Issues and problems however small they may be ,we tend to brood over them and forget our blessings.I came across this quote some time back and saved it on my laptop.

“If your life is getting too easy for you, you ain’t really living at all!”

Life is not easy always and we face our own share of disappointments and setbacks minor or major.We may not have control on all of them but we can always control our emotions and the way we react to them.

As we struggle with our day to day challenges, let us enjoy the small joys of life - joys which bring a smile to our lips and make our liives on this beautiful planet enjoyable and worthwhile.

A smile from a stanger, a hi from a long lost friend, the innocent face of a baby, a cup of hot maggi, a cute little puppy, the cool evening breeze, thick hot choclate , a nice good blog - these are just some such small joys which give me great joy everyday.
    What are yours?

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

oh my.... may i say your this blog is one of the joys for me today...

some list of small things that make me happy..

- taking off from work once in a while and enjoying tv programs
    - Making nice coffee just for me, sit in the backyard and watch my plants
    - bubble bath
    - listening to old songs

and loads and loads more... :) thanks for the blog...

3. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

tweetyme,
    it was refreshing reading yr blog..!! :) bringing back my blessings to my mind..:)
    thanks for the blog..:)

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

my dear twetyme,
    Lovely blog dear.Reading this I sipped my coffee and my day has been done,feel so wonderful.
    Write more and more bringing more cheer around.
    love
    mithila

5. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

just hopping to say hi and make your day he he he!

6. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

Hi ILT,Suria, Mithila, Tuffy,

ur comments and feedback definetly made my day!They brought me great joy !Am new to IL/blogs and am very thankful for ur comments which are making me want to blog more..Thank You ladies!

7. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

hi tweetyme,

thanks for this wonderful blog! ofcourse, we miss so many joys of our life with our busy schedule and problems. But for me everyday before sleeping reading book is joy for the whole day!

looking forward to see such awakening blogs

rgds
    vijaya

8. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

Hey Vijaya,

reading books is one of my joy too, I missed to mention it !Thanks for sharing ur joy and reminding

9. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

10. acceptmyname

acceptmyname New IL'ite

hey

read'g ur blog on a boring monday afternnoon n off..

but t really refreshed me..