1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘C’ Word!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AkilaMani, Mar 11, 2010.

1. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Akila,
    Very nicely written about a daughter's sentiments, and how she wants to see changes in her dad. Dad's are looked up by their kids as heros and its their responsibility to be up to it, otherwise a child is left heartbroken.

The C word should be care and nothing else by a dad to his child

2. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Akila,

A very touching letter form a daughter!!!!
    The C word is scary really. I still remember how my body shuddered when I heard my mom has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It happened in 2008. Luckily, my sister and her husband were there with her every step of the way during her masectomy. It was hard for her during the chemo days... no taste in her mouth, no appetite...but she held herself strong and would tell me to be strong. She is doing ok now.
    That really was a sure wake up call for my uncles and aunts!!!
    People can help us when we are ill, but the pain cannot be borne by anyone. Good health is the biggest wealth we can amass for oursleves.

Regards,
    Viji

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ashwini,

thanks for visiting and the nice fb. of course, parents are the children's very first heroes and they live upto it most often than not. only when it comes to their health they don't think its important. they just have to be reminded at times that their health is the best wealth they can give us.

4. AkilaMani

Dear viji,
    you mother is a true hero!! to go thru so much, she had to be so strong. You and you sister have also been strong. the faith and strength that you all gave each other during the tough times had been what had carried you all through.

thank you for visiting and your comments.

5. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Akila,

Thanks for writing about how tobacco has influenced our lives indirectly and the pain of losing our loved ones to it. I come from a family where smoking is popular among most of my maternal uncles and only those who quit/did not have the habit are alive today. Recently my DH lost his Dad too to Cancer. Its painful and heart breaking to the family every single time. It hurts even more, when loved ones are caught in the trap of cancer, even when they lived free of smoking/drinking/and such.

As you say, C'est la vie...

6. AkilaMani

Dear Ranganayaki,

It is heartbreaking to know that so many in your family have suffered from this dreadful condition. It is all the more painful for those who love them to watch them suffer. Smoking has become a very socially accepted habit, so the person who smokes does not really think of it as a "Bad Habit" and doesn't try to give it up until something really grave happens.

I am sorry for all your losses dear.

Be brave, have faith, face it, and fight back in ways you can...... that's life!!

love
    Akila