1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do not empower the world to hurt you!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Jan 18, 2010.

1. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hello Chitra,

So very correct. And i have personally experienced that this could end up having a cascading effect , as the hurt person is most likely to sulk and hurt others knowingly or unknowingly ...

2. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Do not get stuck with people who create obstacles in your path with their unsolicited comments. No matter how clearly you can point to forces blocking you, the most important obstacles to your freedom are within – you have created them by feeling hurt!
    I tell myself:
    I bend with the wind; I glide with the current;
    I do not resist – I remain myself.
    In accepting people and situations, I find myself!

Dear Chitra,
    I now have instinctively learnt to recognize your blog from the titles!!!
    The above is so true and all your replies so apt... but my dear lady... how does one stop the pain that occurs naturally when someone who you love say the most cruel words????
    ....sometimes i feel i overreact to people and sometimes I feel the world is insensitive!!!... i hate wallowing in self pity but land up doing this so many times!!!...
    But the worst feeling is when i need put up a guard and shield one has to put up so that the opposite person who you know is only out to get you hurt doesn't succeed. This lands up making you all the while vary & strained & stressed in such relationships. you all the while know that the minute you slack you will be bitten with venom.
    I'm talking about people whom we can't ignore & who you can't avoid in life with whom we have to have a cordial relation.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

In my energy classes, I was taught that we must learn to wish well specially for those who hurt us!! That was the first time it dawned on me that such thoughts must be consciously developed. I think I have developed it as a habit to send positive energy to those who hurt me. This has made me a more relaxed & peaceful person, definitely!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

I bend with the wind; I glide with the current;
    I do not resist – I remain myself.
    In accepting people and situations, I find myself!
    As always your quotes inspire me a lot.I am trying my best to cultivate the above but still failing .I do know we are giving power to the other person by getting hurt easily especially when i have big chip on my shoulder about my disability.Hope and wish to develope a thick skin .
    regards,
    vijji

5. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra!
    I read your blog and the FBs. As you said we should never let people walk on us. Coincidentally I happen to read Cheeniya sirs blog about "nachhu" today.
    I always feel people who hurt others are majorly suffering from some issue. The moment I think that way my heart softens and I feel sad for them.
    but some incidents, whatever said and done are not easy to forget!!
    we should think twice before lashing our tongue at anybody. same way we should not pay any attention to unsolicited comments too. This gnanam comes with age I feel... very good blog..I enjoyed it.
    manjula

sindmani likes this.
  6. Chitvish

that is how the Law of averages works, by the will of God!! Knowingly, let us not fall into the trap!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

ofcourse. I have a close relative who used to spit nothing but venom, whenever we met or talked. I used to be thoroughly depressed, sulked, cried et al. But one day it struck me that I was accepting defeat by doing that. I did take a long time to completely ignore whatever she said and gradually, I felt less stressed in that relationship. She continues the same way still; but I no more bother and only wish her well.A few things in life are choiceless; in dealing with hurt from our loved ones,we have to think & tell ourselves:
    They know not what they talk or do!Let me 'act' (atleast!) large-hearted!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

sad reading, knowing fully well that you have an extra burden to shoulder when it comes to getting hurt.
    As much as developing a thick skin, send them positive vibrations & blessings whole heartedly. They are sure to bounce back on you from more sources. This is an undeniable fact, I have experienced personally, Vijji!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

comes not only with age, but also with experience!
    Our mind acts like a mirror. If there is dirt inside, it comes out in our words. If there is good will, it comes out in our words & actions!! Controlling the tongue, call it 'minding what we talk' has to be consciously developed!!
    We always get back only what we deserve.Let us remember this for ever.
    Love,
    Chithra.

sindmani likes this.
  10. manjunat

manjunat New IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    A timely write up!! I am going through such a bad phase, where I need the strength to tolerate the hurt and keep going.Amma always used to say one must have a thick skin.How true isn't it? But Chithra saying is easier than enduring the pain.
    But your blog is excellent there's no doubt about it and soothing the hurt & stressed feelings!
    Love
    Manju