1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

BOUGUEREAU: Painting Photo Realistic Women Figures

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Navaljee, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

[​IMG]
    Perhaps no other painters had given so lively and photo-realistic treatment to the figures as the master artist William
    -Adolphe Bouguereau had given. In doing so he did capture every aspect of the human body, every tender nuance of personality of the models sitting before his canvases. He gave life to the subtlest fraction of human body in his figurative paintings. He also tried embedding the moods of the model into paintings. He caught the soul of the figure before his eyes.
    Art and Literature --by Bouguereau, Adolphe-William (Image courtesy Wikimedia Commons)
    Bouguereau, the painter of photo-realisitc approach of painting, had created an idealised world. He put life into the concepts of goddesses, nymphs, bathers, shepherdesses, and madonnas by painting these characters on his canvases. His artistic insistance for the perfection in painting the contours of female body had generated a good clientele in the wealthy people of nineteenth century France. Bouguereau’s commitment to creations of realistic paintings had appealed his patrons.
    Bouguereau was son of an olive oil merchant; he was a staunch traditionalist French painter. Though he preferred both realistic and mythological themes to decorate his canvases, he had presented the subjects with newer and fresh interpretations of the classical subjects he had selected to paint. Though he chose the natural beauty of female bodies as his subjects, he did represent the art. Perhaps this was the reason for making his paintings widely popular and the clients commissioned him generously.

For reading similar articles about PAINTINGS you can look at the links given in the LEFT SIDEBAR of this blog.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

From Navaljee to knot2share
    Thank you for visiting my article and putting such a nice comment.

WOW ! Nice one Navaljee. Thank you once again for bringing this to all of us here. I was wondering how life-like the painting was and as I scrolled down to read about the painter, there it was, explaining that it was Bouguereau's speciality. Enjoyed it.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing with us about Bouguereau and his paintings.

4. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

From Navaljee to Amihere

Thank you Ami. I hope you would like to see similar paintings on the links given in left sidebar of this blog.

5. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

From Navaljee to knot2share

Yes... this painter have done many paintings, full of beauty and sensuality. You can see those paintings and much more at the link I have given in the right sidebar of this blog.

-Naval

[If you are on Facebook, I am there as NAVAL LANGA]