1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A zestful view of senility :-)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It is a combo of both- acquired skill or a person's inborn nature! Even if the latter is lacking, we have to forcefully develop the former. Let people around you dampen your enthusiasm - but why do you want them to win??? Do you think I receive favourable
    comments from my friends about my sitting with a laptop? No,not at all. I smile away their comments!
    To each,his or her own perceptions &way of looking at life!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

:frown:Chitra Mam...:roll:why this welcome message?

3. Chitvish

there is a special tag attached to your name now!!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. amudha71

amudha71 New IL'ite

maam very nice blog pleasurable to read i really admire seniors who keep themselves occupied instead of grumbling about old ae it is a lesson we all will keep in mind as we grow older.may ugod bless u and in a selfish way also because u can give us more blogs regards amudha

5. Chitvish

unless we keep ourselves occupied, we really become a 'pain in the neck' for our family and friends!
    I specially thank you for your last line.
    "thy will be done"!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Chithra madam

woww...very well said...I think the below lines are true for every humanbeing....

We learn by experience “not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it". We only pray for gracious energy and enthusiasm.

Wonderful words...breaking those barriers and seeing the love that comes our way is the toughest thing but most fulfilling one I guess

7. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou Mam:)...sorry for diverting the topic:hide:

8. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mathashri,

I can totally relate to what you write, seeing my granny's positive attitude each day. She recently had hurt her foot, which had become so bad, that the doc had confined her to the home and even forbade her from walking for a few weeks. She is one who just cannot sit, but being confined to the bed, she did not give up. She asked me to get her interesting books from my collection and propped herself from near the window and completed 3 thick books, 1 in each week. She kept her mobile phone next to her and was in touch with her friends and relatives and never said she was unwell to them.
    She kept up her spirits and touch wood, she is now back to her usual self and has got back to her roaming around Bangalore. Her best buddies - the BMTC Bus drivers and conductors who used to see her daily in their buses, had missed her and she was just so happy to get back to travelling.
    I am humbly trying to follow this zest for life from all of you, who inspire me to be positive in attitude and energy both mentally and physically.

9. Chitvish

grandma endears her to the family & friends, as you say!! Such periods are God-given physical rest which should be utilised fully in a constructive way instead of whining with the usual 'why me??".
    Learn this bee-quality from her & you will be happy with yourself & others with you!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Oh my dearemost Chithu! You are such rare breed. No doubt about that. Not many people can think so positively. Not even the so called "young" people.

What you say is so true. Age is just a number and it does not and should not govern our mental state. However, it is extremely hard to put it in practice.

It is something that, like you have said, has to be consciously cultivated if it is not inherent in us. There really is no second option. We realize that the more we crib the more negative our life becomes. So for our own benefit we must force ourselves to see the sunny side of life under all circumstances.

With inspirations like you here to guide us, I am sure Chithu that we will be propelled in the right direction.

Tons of luv and hugs,
    SS