1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Montessori Education and the child

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rafath24, Jul 10, 2009.

1. rafath24

rafath24 New IL'ite

If we as teachers and parents want our children to think logically we need to allow them to work on a logical thought process and complete a thought process without interrupting it with continuos instructions.

Did you know on an average a child is given less than 10 second to come up with an answer. This time span is too less for them (most of them) to gather their thoughts. What i cannot understand is where is the Fire!!!!. Can't we wait a little?!!. Were we never children ourselves ever?!!.

From my personal experience some children will gather confidence to speak up after several weeks but even before they muster courage to speak up we skillfully detsroy it by branding the child as slow or whatever terminology we want to use. I have personally never expected immediate answers from children and neither i showed my displeasure for not getting an answer.....guess what some of them have come up as the brightest children in higher grades excellent in reading and arithmetic.

Bottom line is let the child discover himself ...you be the facilitator and the support, you be the source of information, knowledge and strength.

Always have faith in your child.... they will surprise you but you have to wait for that moment....just be their guiding light.

2. kutti

kutti New IL'ite

Really true...nobody cares about the child. after reading ur article only I was thinking about the very less time given to the kids to think..so sad..we are spoiling them...many kids go to play school at the age of 2/3 before they learn to walk properly..they dont know how to express if the other kid beats them..
    -kutti

3. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

Very good point. I never thought about it. Thank you for sharing