1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blog "Mother's Day" update on voting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Phoenixritu, May 1, 2009.

1. Phoenixritu

Phoenixritu New IL'ite

I was extremely reluctant to write this blog post, but going over the comments in my other blog entries I have come to realize that I owe all of you an update.

This is a politically incorrect blog post ; but recent happenings have made me realize that I do not need to be politically correct, just honest.

Yes, there was a technical glitch in the voting process. And of course, some people took advantage of this. There is a cash prize involved and it took the competition to a level that does not reflect well on the lofty ideals of parenting or even basic honesty.

Indusladies started this competition with lofty aims. I am very honored to be a part of the team managing it. As any regular reader of my blog would know, I can not abide with underhand means and state facts without any frills. So here is the update.....

I took up the matter with Poll Daddy and they have responded extremely fast.

Apparently a certain contestant has run scripts to boost up the vote count. I was amazed! The prize money seems to be too small an amount to stake your blogging reputation on. However, each to his/her own!

I set up a dummy voting page last night with a similar heading, but no names. The contestant who is getting a lot of automated voting got hits on the fresh page on the same serial number she has on the voting page. Needless to say, this person will not feature on the second voting list.

The "terms and conditions" clearly states that

The decisions are by vote and are final and binding, and no correspondence will be entertained regarding the decisions.

By participating, all contestants have signified agreement to the terms and conditions. It is our decision at Indusladies to ensure that the process is fair and honest.

Thank you folks

Phoenixritu

2. Tara

Tara New IL'ite

Phoenixritu...I am glad that so much has been discovered. Thank you for taking such prompt and effective action. I look forward to your next step.

3. Tikuli

Tikuli New IL'ite

Thank you Ritu for finding time from your busy schedule to explain things. I think as humans and as writers, bloggers who have been in the world of networking it is expected of all of us to be honest and participate in the contest fairly. It is easy to blame the site or the organizers for the glitch in the voting system but does anyone wonder why people should resort to unfair means in the first place.

One really can not think of all possible ways in which someone will increase their votes.

I noticed many contestants cribbing about the votes by hits system. well the terms and conditions were clearly stated and they should have been read before entering the contest.

One more thing I will add. I have known Ritu for last many years and I have yet to see a more fair and honest person than her. So I have full faith in what she and the other organisers are doing. She has been in this world of blogging and writing for a long time and those who have read her and known her oject very strongly to any accusations what so ever. That includes me.

I am sure each one who had objections is satisfied now.The judging by panel is a good idea but this sure has exposed many things whuch should be a lesson to all of us.

Thanks IL and phoenix Ritu.

May the best one win.

4. Tara

Tara New IL'ite

Hi...I just wrote the previous comment....and wanted to know...When will the voting be open again?

-Tara (One of the contestants)

5. Phoenixritu

Phoenixritu New IL'ite

Voting is happening even now.

The second phase starts on the 4th of May

Ritu

6. Tara

Tara New IL'ite

But do not get to see the results as one votes??

7. urmisantosh2005

urmisantosh2005 New IL'ite

Wow Ritu I am so happy that the culprit has been discovered - and also shocked that someone can go to this extent. Anyway all's well that ends well - I also have the same question as Tara above me.. when can we see the results [i.e how many votes do we have so far individually?]

8. CrocodileTales

CrocodileTales New IL'ite

Ritu,

Thanks a lot for the update. And no, you are not politically incorrect. On the other hand, I think its a great relief to know that you and the IL team have investigated and resolved the problem quickly. Thanks a lot.

One of the reasons I even joined the contest was because you had written about it in your blog, and I am certainly glad I did, for I have got to read such beautiful parenting experiences.

Like Urmila has asked, when can we see the results? We really need to, so we can continue to solicit votes from our friends and well-wishers.

Cheers..

9. anu_srikumar

anu_srikumar New IL'ite

thank you ritu for clearing out these issues so promptly. it surely leaves everyone feeling better :-> pls publish the hit counts and stats after this round of voting. so we can all know where we all stand.

10. CrocodileTales

CrocodileTales New IL'ite

Ritu,
    I have a doubt. During the test page that you had created, in case there were genuine votes for the other contestants, would they be lost ? Or would it be added to the old count? Just to make sure we do have the right figures.
    And, when can we see the results please?
    Cheers..
    Pal