1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MyBlog- 22 (Late to bed n Late to rise, Is this some crime, Is in not right!!!)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, May 1, 2009.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

I love to sleep late at night n wake up late in the mornings. Fortunately this habit of mine has never harmed me during my studies/career/job/marriage ..till date.
    Though if i can count on my memory , my childhood was miserable because of this royal habit of mine :(

The tender age of 7-8-9-10 , these four years were real hard for me ;) I use to always be late for my school bus/rickshaw. My mum's daily regime was to literally shake me to wake me up in the mornings n I use to hate my mom for doing so ...I use to hate schools for being so harsh on little kiddo's like me :rant
    All the more winter school use to be a real nightmare for me...My mother use to pull off my cozy blanket to wake me up n then she use to run towards kitchen to cook my breakfast/lunch...the very next moment I use to sneak back in my blanket ...Oh it was heaven to stay in a comfy quilt in wintertime.
    After too much of hues n cries I use to plead my mom if I can skip my bath that day ..with a positive nod and promise to bathe after coming back from school..next request was to get dressed up within my blanket ...Oh I did that so many time, I use to creep in my so called quilt tent and get dressed up in it where I could also hear a faint calls of my mum to make it fast ...Tring Tring... My rickshaw arrived and I am yet to have my breakfast . Lord! My mom use to become so upset by this laziness of mine. She use to request rickshaw fellow to wait for 5 min , stuff some toast in my mouth , make me hold my bag/bottle/lunchbox n use to carry me in her arms to the rick ...Oh I loved her warm hugs in chilly winters :)

This became my habit which my mom never appreciated n all the more they use to share my morning saga with all my relatives, who in turn use to pat on my head and made fun of me ....Ouch as a little kid I felt too embarrased n always complained my mom to not to share my private moments :rotfl
    Oh I was such a dodo kid. I was a typical lazy bum but always wanted to create a good impression socially ...Those were the days :) I miss my childhood!

Now I am grown up lady and lucky enough to have a hubby who doesn't mind me getting up late though he is a early riser, he is usually up by 5:30 a.m.
    Hey Hey ...I am not all that messy anymore :) I do wake up on a better time say by 7:30/8:00 a.m. and cook for my hubby who leaves for work by 9 ;) I somehow manages my work in fast pace. Though still my mom keeps quetching me to learn to wake up early so that I can cope up with my kids school regime. She laughs at me often saying that she can foresee me having my kid in some afternoon school and even if he/she is a early riser, I will pat him/her back to sleep to bask in my cozy morning sleeps ....:rotfl

2. CrocodileTales

CrocodileTales New IL'ite

Yay! Welcome to the club. I think its a blessing if one can enjoy his/her sleep. I am one such person too, obviously :) Anyway, we all wake up earlier and earlier as we grow older and older, so we might as well enjoy waking up late when we are young. In my opinion it makes a person nice and fresh and cheerful! Three cheers to us late risers !!!

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

gee... me too.. but now a days finding it difficult bcoz it is getting toooooooooooo late not only for me, but also for my hubs and kid. trying my best to wake up early but it causes nasuea for the entire day (migrane!) morning also there was an argument abt this only ((sigh!)) my kid is also growing like me and i dont want that to happen. but to wake my kid at 6, first I should wake naa... :(

4. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hey, I am so happy to know about one more person like me.. I love sleeping, its my favourite timepass. I have cried a lot because of this habit... I have always been scolded by my parents but I ( a pat on my back) had never allowed anything to change me.. I am continuing it and lets see if I can continue it when I become a mother too..

Good post..Enjoyed reading..

5. pshirisha

pshirisha New IL'ite

ha Ha Ha...

good that u got very supportive husband...

Lucky...