1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do the poor have a right to live?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rvnachar, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

A wonderful and pain filled post. I had the honour of visiting this hospital and my experience were also the same. I wonder why cannot our bureacrats and business magnets help these hospitals. Instead of putting so much money on IPL matches, the same could have been donated to help these poor victims. I agree with you, Patients dying here more of lack of basic ammenities. To tell you the truth, though the first grade hospitals boast of up todate medical facilities, they also wait to just suck our blood. When my nephew was suffering from a major disease, I could see the doctor's apathy only because we were talking about the mounting costs and which were quite unaffordable. The same doctor when we had visited his private clinic before admitting the patient to the hospital, was sweetness personified. Once in the hospital he was least bothered........he wanted all the costly life saving equipments to be purchased by us knowing very well that it wont be suitable to the patient. The main idea was he could get the commission.

Sorry, Sudha i went on and on. Seeing the pathetic condition and the standard of service rendered....... i am literally moved but how do we start atleast do some change somewhere.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

sudha,what a post it is...it is the harsh reality...My prayer is for that kid to recover soon..while seeing these happenings, our heart aches and we feel helpless in those situations.As you had pointed out, let us not take health for granted as this is the gift of God..God is compassionate enough to let the child come to you for help..sure that kid is going to be ok..sriniketan

3. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Hats Off to you Sudha!:hatsoff
    It is really motivating to read that you have not just ended up giving some money to your maid for the treatment but has been (and still continuing) a moral support and invested your time in the process of her son's treatment.

I would try atleast 1% to follow your example!

Regards

4. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

dear sudha,
    hats off for the help you are doing to the kid and his family :hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff.

how is the kid doing now?will surely pray for his speedy recovery.

take care.

regards,
    sreelata.s

5. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

That's an apt post! I was boiling inside when I read your lines and could relate to few experiences I have had.

Nevertheless, till this day I should admit I have not done anything great towards it ...occasionally pumping in money to needy...but that's pretty much it.

Hope I get into better action at least from now on and also hope that one day I grow to a powerful stature through which I can contribute to such needy in a greater way.

Cheers
    Jenz

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha Narasimhachar (aka Rvnachar),

Congratulations...on winning the award Finest Blog of Sep 2008 for this Blog! Your blog will be displayed as the featured entry in the blog main page from Oct 1st to Oct 15th.

The overflowing comments here show the emotions behind this blog. With your style of writing, you had drilled the thoughts about the poor into the head and heart of everyone reading this. Thank you.

Look forward to more such wonderful writings.

Note: Please send your address to induslady@indusladies.com, so that we can ship out your special gift.

7. preeyaWT

preeyaWT New IL'ite

I really appreciate your post . Hope the concerned people realise the shortcomings in the facilities .

8. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

I was touched to read so many comments which came from the kind hearts and were not lip service! I wrote the blog out of my heart because that's the best I could do. I cannot change a corrupt system, which has grown into a demon over the years. If there are so many people who appreciate my thoughts, then the world will be much better, if all of you do your bit, when you get a chance.

Thank you so much for all the nice words you have written about me. I know all of you will be doing so much more in your own way but modestly keep quiet. I wrote the blog, just to bring out the pathetic situation in which the poor are, rather than boast of my role in helping the child.

The child is undergoing treatment and is responding well to the Chemo. These days, I am busy arranging for blood donors, which is a very tough task, as someone has rightly said above. I need only male donors, who are below 50 years of age, hale and healthy and are ready to drive all the way to the hospital at any hour of the day that the blood bank specifies!

Thank you once again.

Sudha Narasimhachar