1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh,Woman ,you are your own enemy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sowmyakans,
    Thank you for the wonderful FB.Men also gossip but I have seen that they don't fight shy of appreciating another man for his achivements.I think they are a little more friendly among themselves,where as women can not openly appreciate another woman .
    No my dear Iam mrs.mythili lakshiminarayanan and my pen name here is mithila kannan.
    Thanks dear,once again sorry for replying late.
    love
    mithila kannan

2. HouseIndia

HouseIndia New IL'ite

you have rightly said women are the worst enemies of
    women.In most of extra marital relationships ,inspite of knowing everything,it is a women who spoils the home of other women.We need to change our attitude,instead of blaming men.

3. mithila kannan

My dear friend,
    These extra marital affairs make me furious and can not understand how a woman can have relationship with a married man.I loved watching Mahashbhatt's Arth,particularly the last scene.Shabana asks her husband who wants t come back to her,"If I had strayed and come back to you,will you accept me.He says,"No"and she says,"Good bye"I just loved that scwne and never tire of seeing the film again and again.
    love
    mithila kannan

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila Madam,
    I came here after seeing that your bolg has been selected as Blog of the month. Please accept my congratulations!
    A revolutionary idea like this coming from a person like you, I am really happy about it. I shun such behaviour and try my best to voice my opinion, inspite of getting stares and snide remarks.
    When my father dies a few years back, my mother just did not put kumkum on the forehead from the next day. But our realtives who came for the 10 day ceremony asked us to dress up my mother as sumangali and insisted that she will have to take them off on the 10th day only. I firmly told tham that she will not do any such thing.
    Also, there is a habit of giving the saree to her. Even that I told to avoid but my sil's mother did it forcibly. I will not forgive them for this forever.
    But, madam, I assure you that such meaningless customs are practised even today, not only by the elderly, but the young people also. There is a friend who always mentions her sil as 'veenapponaval'. She is much educated and works in a prestigious institution, not some country girl.

5. mithila kannan

My dear varloo,

Thanks a lot for visiting the blog and your lively comment.
    In my life I have always expressed my opinion on certain matters and have been scoffed at.But I just can't do or say things just to please others.My conscience has to accept what I do or say.
    I sincerely feel that we women have to clean our own backyard remove the cobwebs in our own territory before we blame the society for not giving usthe equal rights.Nobody need hand over our rights to us,if women unite no power on earth can stop them from taking the rights that rightfully belong to them.
    love
    mithila kannan

6. Malakrishna

Malakrishna New IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

You r 100% right dear and this is an an eye opening blog. I've
    experienced MIL treating of their DILs

Hope to receive more info / details in future.

mala

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila, I am not sure whether it wud be appropriate to post a comment now since the blog has been posted 2 months back.

But I just cud not refrain from sendind this after reading the blog.You have expressed the mind of most of the women in India.

"Pennukku Pennae ethiri" .All these bad mouthing, ill -words behind back , ill treating and what not.....
    I have seen many worst cases ....when the daughter and the DIL both are pregnant.The DIL will be doing all the SERVICE to the daughter and the mother.I have seen this all by myself and have felt like thrashing both the daughter and mother.How can they ever forget the agony or the discomfort of the DIL who is undergoing the same phase?Where are we????Forget everything..Where is the humanity here?Does it vanish when it is somebody else's daughter or sister?

The worst part comes when the mother/Father of the DIL says "Woman is destined to do service to her hubby's family".Okay ma....But where is the reciprocation?????

Enuf is enuf...I think it all boils down to upbringing.Letz bring up our child in the right way.

Therz is a famous saying in Tamil "OOru rendu patta pannaiyaarukku kondattam'.Itz the same way women fight among themselves only for the MEN to be happy and cherish.

Regards,
    Bhuvana.

8. preeyaWT

preeyaWT New IL'ite

9. ArifaMadhu

ArifaMadhu New IL'ite

Mithila mami
    absouletly true . im a new member. i just read. i do agree with what u said that women is woman's worst enemy but if the better half is strong back bone then? from my point of view.

10. ArifaMadhu

ArifaMadhu New IL'ite

Mithila mami
    absouletly true . im a new member. i just read. i do agree with what u said that women is woman's worst enemy but if the better half is strong back bone then? from my point of view .
    arifa