1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mommies & Daddies .....Move on!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jenz, May 5, 2008.

1. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan / Arunarc / Kamala / Paulina

Thanks a lot for your FB & Feels really good to know that many of you agree with the thought.

That's a great motivation for my writing too :)

Dear Kamala, Nomination for FP?!!! Uuuh....haven't checked that out....got to do it! :)

Cheers
    Jenz

2. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

dear jenz,
    i find your blogs more and more interesting.
    I too feel the same and have written blogs regarding the same articles
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/swtsvn/why-such-strong-opposition-696/

but i find your words more elegant and caring not to hurt people. while mine to be more blunt and harsh. i have so many things to learn from u starting from how to communicate our ideas in a way that does not hurt people. I have always felt, iam saying the right things, why are people getting angry with me?,. now i know, iam being harsh without knowing it. thanks yar. i really appreciate your efforts. keep writing.

3. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Dear swtsvn,

Feels good to know that you appreciate my writing and you are in line with the thoughts mentioned in the blog.

Keep writing and one day am sure your writing will shape up.

Cheers
    Jenz

4. LakshmiAnand

LakshmiAnand Senior IL'ite

dear karthi
    i am a young parent and your article made a very interesting and thought provoking reading. parents do thrust themselves on to us at times. after being a parent myself i realise this much more.. but all's well that ends well.

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

I think it is more about concern and less about control. And you will realize when you have your own kids and they are in the process of growing up... Even if parents let go, they will be at the wings watching how their kids perform in the stage of life!

6. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi jenz, was about to go off, but out of curiosity read this.Well, Children tend to change the boundaries with their parents, once they get married.Though it is natural, it confuses a lot of them,parents. who are unaware of this.Secondly children ALTER their boundaries as and when they wish, according to their convenience also.
    Once the parents understand when to step and to step out, they start giving support.Please forgive those who don't!

7. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Nice one to think about Jenz.

I think as long as concern for one's child does not grow into control, it is okay. But most times, the problem is the line dividing the two is blurred, which needs for us to "police" our actions very minutely and frequently.

One thing is sure, as we grow up in years, we must have a life of our own - one that functions without anyone else. Our goal should be to get to a point where the presence of our dear ones adds only a "more" to our happiness quotient but does not impact our basic happiness itself.

It is hard to get there but its need is unquestionable, I think.
    SS

8. keerthi

keerthi New IL'ite

Hi Jenz,

Nice thoughts, very nicely expressed.

Like a few here already said it should be more to show concern and should not be to control. Especially these aged parents forget to notice that their kids are grown enough to run a family and grow their own kids. Still keep thinking their kids are to be in their control, which sometimes go over board.
    Let us all in the future make sure we don't butt in to our children's life unless needed.

Keerthi

9. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Dear Keerthi,

Thanks for your FB and sure we should see how much of what is said are we able to follow ourselves :)

Cheers
    Jenz

10. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

This is hard to say, but letting kids go off is difficult.. what ever their age.Its just that we feel responsible for them, even they are grown up. What ever happens in their life, others will always say....what ahve the parents taught him/her.:hide:
    and if you do not like kistening to this you over protect...... so just as Jenz says.....come out of this mental barrier and have fun and let others have fun.