1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Greed To Peek Into The Future Lens Of God

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 17, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Ever felt if god could give you the capability to peek into the future to be sure all is well, many a time situation in life lead you to believe that something somewhere may not be going right, and the fear of future always dangles in front.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Life throws many situation about which your anxiety run up and you want just one peek please to see the out come of this situation, I don’t mind the tarots, palmistry, anything at least a vision to know the future, and all’s well.
    The life’s instability many a time irks you and you want to peek into the future oh! God! Come on! Please give me a vision of what is going to move further is it good or bad, let me know let me perk up or brace up to face it.
    The growing process of life from a child to a mother of a child is very fast and you never think that one day the children are going to fly away and you are left with a reference of bygone era.
    The sudden new relation [spouse] and you become second to that relationship; my child is not going to depend on me anymore, mm! You have promotion in the making to the slow back moments of or past.
    Sometime the unsettled life of your children also affect you a lot, and one feels why is the flow backwards which is not natural but a process to be learned as we move and sometime the tide turns back only to be pulled forward with double force.
    Please god give me the vision the eagle’s eye which you see with how the flow of life going to turn, is there a fall, and how far is the sea of destiny and how long more is the run, I know you are guiding but the greed for peek is always there…sunkan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari
    Very nicely worded and the inevitable greed to peek into the future. You have got me started thinking about it so i'm wonderin too. Only now do I realise that i'm taking things as they come and one day at a time. Its probably one of the many wonders of God.!

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

God has his designs for us and has already molded our life. Let him do his job and we will do ours.. If we peep in to his world, the curiosity will kill the fun called LIFE.. Hope is what makes us all twinkle. At every step we always hope for the better or for worse depends upon the nature of the person but hope remains. Till hope is eternal the world will exist... And God will be happy.........

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hi mals.
    this greed comes only if you feel you are stuck and no moment and the slush is too much so one needs to know what it is to peek further, good or bad i am mentally prepared to take it, but one peek to relax this mind, that the moment has started..sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear AC,
    you have made me happy to set u thinking, these are some of the wonders each sometime wonder how to go further in life, the silent storm is frightening and the moment is to start anytime, and one knows that something somewhere is getting ready for us, so the peek, and the greed..sunkan

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi !Sunkan,
    A very thought provoking piece you have presented.The urge and the anxiety to desparately peek into the unknown is intense when we are hit by the vagaries of Madam Fortune. Nevertheless it is better perhaps not to nurse this urge lest we get disappointed at the result of that tiny peek if the permission is granted.Personally I always like to bring to mind the following lines which are a favourite of mine......
    " God, grant me the Serenity to
    Accept the things
    I cannot change.
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And the Wisdom To know the difference."

Ofcourse it is not easy but worth giving it a try, at least it will help to calm oneself down and prepare us to leave everything to Divine dispensation......PAULINA

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear paulina,
    my very urge is the same, many calamities we go through and it is better to know sometime about it to calm yourself and come to terms that it is so...more easier to accept those challenges, and mind you when your blood is hot, and your mind is too active you dont seek for this gift, it is only when you have cooled off and worry more for others do you want to peek and know the future to give a wise sermon...sunkan

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

perhaps the reason why
    they taught us to rhyme..
    twinkle twinkle little star
    how i wonder what you are
    twinkle twinkle little life
    how i wonder what's in store?
    up above the world so high
    like a diamond in the sky
    up and going strong day by day
    like a glitter all the way?!!!

positive...!
    its going to be great...!
    with the new year coming...!
    my tarot card reading for you
    me he and she
    says so...!

sathya

9. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Sundari ma'am,

Wondering about the "yet-to-come days" we miss out on the present, thereby the reality is lost. Many a time, after having a few words with my father, I have felt that we waste our precious time in "peeping" into the so-called lens of the Almighty (at least trying to). Life is showered with variety and the ups and downs should be taken as they come. Once we get to know about what is yet to strike us, the originality, eagerness, and the patience to wait for the reaction vanishes off ! Why to surround life with complexities when it is spread with beautiful aroma as created ??!!

Our animate existence has some value tag attached and let we search for the "hidden treasure" that is in store for us.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

10. sudhakumar

sudhakumar New IL'ite

Dear Ms.Sunkan

Your words remind me of an excerpt frm Tagore's Gitanjali.

"This is my prayer to thee my Lord.
    Stirke, strike at the root of penury
    in my heart.
    Give me strength to bear my sorrows and happiness equally.
    give me strangth not to bend my knees before insolent might.."
    and the poem goes on like that.

Sorry, I am unable to recollect the poem fully as I had learnt it in school days. But, msg of the poem is still fresh in memory.
    Regards,
    sudhakumar