1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriages and Deaths

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

The first part of your post reminded me of the film Rudali. (Have I spelt it correctly?)

The second part reminded me of my son's wedding last year. I really wish I had known you at the time. I would have gladly paid you whatever fees you demanded to have you attend the wedding. And I wouldn't need to disown you either after the event was over. I want to have friends like you forever and ever.

My son married a Tamil girl born and brought up in Delhi. So, you see, I have a Tamil connection, which is one reason why I am attracted by this site. I even learnt the Tamil alphabets and my Tamil lessons were progressing quite smoothly till my DIL started crying. She doesn't know the alphabets herself, being more familiar with Hindi. Her Hindi of course is immaculate and she puts me to shame. So, I gave up. She is the cutest thing in the world for us.

I can't resist the temptation of adding a photograph. It's wedding Tamil style.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

kamlaji,
    people paid to attend weddings thats news to me!!!!havent heard about it before!!!!!
    regards
    pavi

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

The first part of your post reminded me of the film Rudali. (Have I spelt it correctly?)

The second part reminded me of my son's wedding last year. I really wish I had known you at the time. I would have gladly paid you whatever fees you demanded to have you attend the wedding. And I wouldn't need to disown you either after the event was over. I want to have friends like you forever and ever.

My son married a Tamil girl born and brought up in Delhi. So, you see, I have a Tamil connection, which is one reason why I am attracted by this site. I even learnt the Tamil alphabets and my Tamil lessons were progressing quite smoothly till my DIL started crying. She doesn't know the alphabets herself, being more familiar with Hindi. Her Hindi of course is immaculate and she puts me to shame. So, I gave up. She is the cutest thing in the world for us.

dear oj,
    yes, me too was reminded of the film rudali...and i was very touched and impressed by you taking pains to learn tamil for your DIL...And that u think she is the cutest thing in the world for u"ll...wow lucky girl....BTW couldnt see the picture...
    Regards
    Mindi

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,

was reminded of the movie rudali where dimple looks ravishing as a proffessional mourner..but people hired to act as relatives for a wedding...hearing that first time...enjoyed your humour......and agreed .....you have very reasonable rates for what u will be offering...please do look after yourself well...i shall require a chacha in around 10 years time for my dds wedding... and u can take care of entertaining the boys side...Big LaughBig Laugh
    regards
    Mindi.

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal bhai:

I am sure now that the picture didn't show up on the reply window. This keeps happening. There must be a technical problem that they need to rectify. But I want you to see the picture. Here is the link:

http://klules.110mb.com/wedding%20198.jpg

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,

I always marvel the way you combine topics in your blog.

We lost our mausaji about a couple of years ago...though he was 80, it was a sudden end so everyone was grief stricken. But when the public was around, everyone was calm and composed no rona - dhona etc. He was a pillar of strength for the entire family. Even for the prarthna we had instructed the singer not to sing any sad songs that may make the atmosphere mournful. Lets have bhajans which will bring calm around which befits his personality.

As for the wedding, i remember another incident when one of my cousin got married...there was a gap of 11 months between his engagement and wedding. So bhabhi used to come home often. Ab jab bidaai ki bari aayee...she didn't rellly cry nor did the other family member create a ruckus at that time. We heard someone in the crowd saying see the bride is not even crying and the other promptly responded "abhi rone ka fashion nahi hain" we couln't help ourselves and burst out laughing.

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Kamalji,

A very hilarious post! Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh I have been a silent reader for some time now, but this post made me want to give a feedback. :) And it is very interesting to know "relatives" can be "hired"! Thank you Kamalji, for such a hilarious post.

Regards,
    Anitha

9. Sanya

Sanya New IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

It's amazing how you can make a situation sound interesting even when it may not be.

I lost my Mother- ln-Law last year. It came as a real shock to us...especially my father-in-law. That was the first time I think we saw him crying...infact even his children never saw him so shattered......ever. He is always very cool and composed.But not crying as in howling and screaming kind. We had some relatives who never ever visited us but the way they cried you would have thought that it was the end of the world for them. It would have been funny in any other situation.

I have heard of people hiring people to cry for them but not about hiring relatives.

Now that i am finding my way around the forum, I have a list of people who's posts are a a must read and yours tops the lists.

Cheers,

Sanya

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coral,

Hi.Today I found the cuttings which I cut from the newspapers, I sent the scans to Devika.If u too want, for free , to read all the funny happenings in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> from the news papers, then by note send me yr email id.

So kamalji is giving u ladies a business idea eh ! Good.Nowadays we have a lot of ladies who manage weddings, and that too very well.So come lets form a partnership.HAHA

Are Baba Coral, I wont leave blogging, I will get contacts only thru this, don’t u understand.

Thanks for yr kind comments.Regards.kamal