Indian Ladies in Dallas, Plano- Meet here !

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. malasingh

malasingh New IL'ite

Indian kids in high school?

Hi,
    We are moving to Plano next month.My elder daughter is going to be in 9th grade and we have decided to enroll her in Jasper or Shepton High. Is it a good choice? Are there many Indian kids in this school? What are the best apartments around this?
    Thanks.

2. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Parvathi,

If you are looking for schools around Palno - Elementary Skaags, andrews, wyatt are good and middle you can look at rice.

Welcome to Dallas. There are many apartments around this school area.

-Vidya

3. ramyaganesh

ramyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

i am ramya, last week we moved from houston to Frisco.. i am full time hous wife.. no kids.. so enjoying the time all alone.. looking forward to make friends..

anybody from firsco..??

4. marygold

marygold New IL'ite

Moving to Dallas...Frisco or Plano???

Dear All,

My name si Kalyani, I am married with 2 kids, currently we live in Toronto, Canada and within a few weeks we are moving to Dallas before schools re-open.

Would need your advice for house/apartment search, we have decided in terms of city either being plano or frisco, my husband's work location is gaylord and dallas parkway intersection(frisco), my son would go to 7th grade(middle school), daugher would go to 4th grade(elementaryt school).

our criteria is nearer to my husband's work place, best schools for kids and also convenient location for commercial shopping, indian groceries and most importantly Indian Community. Please advise should we consider frisco or plano, if so apartments names and locations where we can do our search.

I am from Andhara Pradesh.

Thanks
    kalyani

5. Shrusweets

Shrusweets New IL'ite

Hi this is SHRUTHI from dallas, Living in IRVING. new to this community and love to make frnds

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shruthi,

Welcome here! Please do not post contact information (phone or email) in the forum, to avoid spamming.

You may interact in the various forums and make friends with members here.

Kindly go through our orientation guide - www.indusladies.com/welcome

7. ramyaganesh

Hi Kalyani,

i am also from andhra. Welcome to IL and Dallas. Either Plano or Frisco it doesnot make much difference in terms of indian community, shopping, stores everything.. these two places are very near.. only one highway road is there in between so no need to worry much about staying in plano or frisco for these.. only thing you need to consider is your children schooling.. i dont have much idea about that as i dont have kids.. may eb some of our other IL friends may help you.. as much i heard there are good schools in plano.. as plano and frisco are not very far you can stay at any place..

hope it helps..

8. ramyaganesh

And forgot to mention kalyani.. both frisco and plano are residential areas.. you cna find lot of apartments near by.. and both are very safe places..

9. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Shruti,

I also Live in Irving In Jefferson park apartments. Where do you live? We can meet sometime.

-Vidya

10. marygold

marygold New IL'ite

Thank you Ramya.

You are right, our priority would be schools.

My husband did a basic search last week when he was on business, according to him, the lodge apartments in frisco had vacant apt, schools are spears -elementary and heritage-middle , looks like children need to travel by bus, also he had a look at windhaven park apartments in plano which have barksdale and renner.

Any inputs most welcome.

Thanks
    Kalyani