Who am I? - Part II

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Rekha..

Welcome ,Welcome To IL.... Happy to see you here dear.....Im, damn sure you are going to enjoy your stay in IL and Friendship Flowers are going to bloom daily...

Eagerly wating to see your writings !!

Happy Interacting !!

2. maithreyi

maithreyi Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am Maithreyi. Just now joined here. Am married with kids and am a home manager. While i was searching for some info in google i stumbled upon here.

Eagerly waiting to meet and interact with you all.

Cheers,
    Maithreyi.

3. 2tion

2tion New IL'ite

Computer Typing

Hi !

Im basically from Kerala , staying in Chennai !

Happy to be part of this wonderful forum ..

Maya

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dhivya, Giri and Sujatha,

Welcome to Indusladies.

To start with, it would be helpful for you if you go through this link Forum Etiquette & Guidelines . Start making your posts.

Dhivya....Better late than never..Share with us your embrodiery works. We have members with similar interests..

Giri...Regarding your enquiry...it would be better if you visit Health & Wellness section and put your query there. Members who know would be glad to help you. Wishing you good health.

Sujatha.......Glad to know your interest in cooking...Most of the members (me included :biggrin2:)have become a better cook after trying various recipes by our kitchen queens. hope you too will plunge into it..

Friends, looking forward to your posts...
    Bye

5. sumathis

sumathis New IL'ite

hi, I am a newbie

I live in Cleveland and just signed in. Hello to every one.

6. seetha raman

seetha raman New IL'ite

hi
    i am a 37 yr old homemaker from bangalore.love to read read and read.have varied tastes from science fiction to romances,murder mysteries to spirituality.like to cook.
    have a almost 4 year old daughter who keeps me on my toes.
    regards
    seetha

7. chinnuteju

chinnuteju New IL'ite

Hello all,,myself from karnatakahubli.
    I have joined this site today but i have got very much information from here before also.i feel very good to share all good which i know.
    Im a MBA graduate staying in New jersey past 1.5 years with husband,he is a software engineer.As im on H4 im at home and spend time in cooking,,interenet and friends... usually weekends we will be outside only.Im also searching for home based jobs n i also worked for 2month in consultant company here.I love cooking and cook north indian,south indian chinese and little america food.:coffee

8. giulialama

giulialama New IL'ite

Hi!I'm new! Nice forum

9. Shrusweets

Shrusweets New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am Shruthi hebbur. I am basically from Banglore and settled now in Dallas, US. My friend Chaitali from Houston referred me in to this site. Would be eagerly waiting to get lot of women info from this site and love to make friends through this forum.

I am currently working as HR and have been married since 3 years. I am classical singer and my fav time pass is to chat with friends and orkutting.

-Shruthi

10. SitaraKrishna

SitaraKrishna New IL'ite

Hi Everyone!

Let's see... My name is Sitara, and I am from Ohio, USA. I am a college student studying psychology and equestrian management (strange mix, I know =)). I am a bit of a dork, I love video games, movies, and music. I also love studying cultures and languages and religions, as part of my own spiritual search I suppose, which has brought me to Hinduism. I have recently converted to Hinduism, from a complete lack of affiliation with any one religion, and after many years of searching, I feel my soul has found the place it was supposed to be!

I found IndusLadies while exploring my local temple's website, and hoped I could find a good community of women to discuss all sorts of things with. I love Indian culture (dress, food, language, all of it) but I am having some trouble integrating myself as I know I should. And this is stemming from a lack of understanding of the culture, and how it fits in with American society. I am also very uncomfortable going to temple, as I seem to be the only white person among them, and I feel as though I am being singled out and stared at by the other women (and men), and many seem more amused than willing to be helpful. Hopefully, this community will be able to help me through this!

That's all I can think of to share, but I hope to be a very active participant in this community!

---Sitara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.