November 2015 due date club :) :) :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Luvpavi, Mar 17, 2015.

1. EagerMom

EagerMom Gold IL'ite

@MrsBV , @rashmi25 , teejay - thankyou for answering my query on the TT shots. it brought a big relief to me..seriously!

@rashmi25 - Glad you cud finally feel your little one moving..enjoy the phase :)

@cool10 - thinking about you. Hope you are doing well. Please do update here when you can

@MrsBV - thankyou for the anniversary wishes:). Yes that accident was a scary episode...glad it ended well. Third tri already..?wow!!!

@chulbuli04 - Sorry abt the BP & GTT values. I dont know the complications of it. Please do update us how the gync review goes. I have gained 2kgs so far.. will be travelling this month end:queen

@teejay -Glad all the tests came back normal for u (touchwood!) At which week had you taken the GTT ? M sure there will none of it here (yet again!) . I wud have loved to go to an antenatal class too.. but alas this stupid place. If they share any brochure/tips..pls do share with us here if you could.

My gync had suggested the same abt traveling being safe before 34w. But my personal view would be try to travel before you cross 30w. Have you got ur tickets booked?

@sivasakthigopi - great that all is going well with your scans and reports.. and you arent getting bothered with the unnecessary words & actions of ppl arnd you.

@vandhenakrish - For the varicose veins, what teejay suggested is what even i have read everywhr i.e. keep your feet raised as much possible.
    Same here abt the baby kicks leading to pressure in the bladder. I have even started leaking sometimes.:roll: Anyone else having this trouble? I have started doing Kegel exercise.

@nottie- are your cramps better now? Like you, I have severe back & hip pain pain while no matter whether I lie/sit or stand..since I was 8w. Now fed up. I have quit applying ointment & hot water bag since it isnt bringing any relief. Try keeping hot water bag for sometime and see if it brings any relief to you (My gync had suggested this though it dint work for me)

For your healthy weight gain- Soaked almonds are better than taking it as is. If your baby's grwth/length/weight is normal why is she bothered abt ur bump size?thinkingsmiley Doesnt it differ for each pregnancy?

My gync told me 'intake of rice is a waste. It will just give you zero carbs and keep you full. The qty of vegetables shd atleast equate the qty of rice you take in your plate if not more'.

I guess you are a rice eater, and that's what is keeping you full and gain wt. Try reducing that.
    I have also heard that banana is an excellent source to put on wt the healthy way. Baby also gains wt healthily. This was also suggested by one female who resides in my expat compound. She had initially lost 4kgs in 1st & 2nd month (excessive vomiting and was also admitted in the hospital) then started eating a banana religiously everynight with a glass of milk and gained 14kgs in just 5months (3rd -7th month). Though she delivered a pre-term baby in her 7th month, her little one was healthy as any normal kid, weighing 2.1kgs :lol:

I tried it but before I could swallow even a bite. I puked. So trying other ways to gain. Hope it helps you.

2 people like this.
  2. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Wasn't able to come online for long time. I had contractions (this time real) and was hospitalized for 2 days. Docs were able to postpone the date. They initially gave me daily injections of hormone and are now suggesting weekly. I also travelled to my hometown yesterday and am now on complete rest. Just eating and sleeping since yesterday.

@EagerMom - How about trying banana milkshake or banana yogurt ? Maybe due to different taste you will be able to drink/eat them.

3. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

@teejay - I heard a doc's certificate is required for air travel after 28 weeks of pregnancy. Also as per old custom, they tell 8th month is not safe for travel (don't know how much true that is though). Generally 7th month is considered safest in last trimester to travel.

4. rashmi25

rashmi25 Junior IL'ite

Hi @Cool10 :

Take rest and dont panic. take care of you and little one too

5. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@sivasakthigopi guess its not easy when you are surrounded by relatives.you get comments,suggestions and opinions whether you want them or not. kudos to you for not loosing your cool.

@chulbuli04 In the other due date threads, i have seen women discussing soaking fenugreek in water overnight and taking the same to control sugar levels.May be you can try that after consulting your doc. To control BP, i would advise you to reduce salt intake.switch to rock-salt if possible .Drink plenty of water and listen to soothing songs,slokas.

@nottie wont reducing rice just for few days before GTT be like influencing the result ? I think it would be better to be on your normal diet and take the test. if you are planning to reduce rice intake, it will be better to continue the same till your delivery.all the best and keep us posted

@eagermom and @cool10 thank you for your suggestions regarding air travel. right now I'm thinking of travelling just before end of my 7th month (around Sep 10). Couple of my friends traveled in the beginning of 8th month and say the trip was fine. another friend who is a staff at the airport says she gets to see women travelling during their 32nd week all the time.But yeah a 'fit to travel' certificate is required from the doc. I wont deny that I'm a bit nervous about air travel. But I am worried about my residence visa getting expired (if i don't return with in a 6 month period).@eagermom Guess its the same for you too (cos you are also in a GCC country) My DH wants me to spend 1 month at my MIL's place as well. I have agreed to it (though all I want to do is rush back home to DH with the baby) because I know that will make him extremely happy. So that is going to delay my return anyway.

@cool10 take as much rest as possible. Now that you are at your mom's place, you can afford to do that.

@eagermom I'm attaching some brochures that my gynec gave me. hope you find it useful.I have many questions like when you are planning to return,how /when to go about getting passport and visa for the baby etc Will PM you in leisure.

@vandhenakrish,@rashmi25 and @mrsbv stay healthy and safe and keep updating.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

gals,
    I have uploaded brochure for 2nd trimester only .Will upload the 3rd trimester one later

7. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

@sivasakthigopi Thank you for ur words. I hope even I too fall in that category and my baby is doing fine. I am taking womens Horlicks right now as we don't get mothers here. My inlaws would bring it wen they come here during sep, so have to wait till then for mothers Horlicks.

@Eagermom My cramps are on and off. I do drink lot of water during that time and sit idle. But the back pain is there daily and become worse if I stand for half an hour or don't sit properly. just taking rest with pillows and not straining much as of now, sure will try the hot water bag soon as I see pain is getting more and more. Thank you for the suggestion.
    I hope my baby is doing fine, but didn't have any scan to find out growth and weight. she just touched and measured my stomach and asked to eat more. People here said doc know by touching and measuring. Next visit, if she feels again I am measuring less, then she will take scan and I can know exact weight of my baby.
    Yay I am rice eater and should try increase my veggies and reduce rice. I am taking banana daily. Should I eat banana during night to increase the weight ?:confused2:
    as cool10 suggested u can take milk shakes, hope that taste better.

@cool10 Hope u r doing fine now and following doc advise. Now take enough rest, relax and enjoy moms food. :coffee

@teejay thank you for uploading brochures. yep even I too had that doubt, what if my sugar levels increase after the test. I am trying to increase my veggie quantity in my diet and follow the same here after.

@all Hope u all r doing fine and having healthy food.

I just came across the video yesterday, just wanted to share it with u all. some of u must have watched it already. Here is the cute video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZx2ltBYYec

1 person likes this.
  8. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Hi All ,

Very useful info @teejay .Hope everyone is doing good. Last week I had breathing issue and doc asked me to visit her for the same . She suspected it as gastric issue and took pan D and other liquid before every meal for a week . Really feeling better now .

Also , my GCT reports have come , everything normal . Next is growth scan on Sep 3rd . Baby shower is on AUg 31st so will be busy on that . There will be a huge crowd coming ( 300 minimum) so all of them will keep nalungu . Don't know how I am gonna bear sitting for 2 hours continuously

Take care all ... Stay blessed

9. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I feel i get some weight. I avoid most of my salwars and sarees. Now i starts to stitch new clothes. I feel baby movements well. I felt back pain lot in night, But not as like as my first pregnancy, i feel breathing issues in night some times, then i wake up and sit for a while and drink hot water then sleep.

I cant able to sit long. I feel some pressure in my pelvis area while i am sitting.

Anyway, there is only 15 weeks to go to see our DD.

10. HariSriPriya

HariSriPriya Senior IL'ite

Hi All

It is been a while i logged in to this forum.. I have completed 28 weeks.. feeling tired at times...I am feeling very difficult to getup in the morning. and my baby is not like the first one , it is moving a lot .. now a days i feel baby movements both in day time as well as at night. I am feeling my lower abdomen is becoming rigid at times and i feel a pressure to urinate.. is it common

though it lasts for 30 min to maximum 40 mins and then after that i feel my stomach is normal just want to ask u all
    i need to go for check up GTT on august 15th and doctor appointment on 20th .. my last month GTT showed sugar level is in border , so i m bit tensed how it wud be this time...
    Regards
    Priya