1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alive from Portrait

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by jayashreer513, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jayashreer513

jayashreer513 Silver IL'ite

*************************************11***************************************
    Prabhu was sitting in his room. He was feeling very restless, guilty for having played with Viji’s emotions. He was not able to avoid thinking of her innocent look that stared at him with expectation. But he knew it was a very short duration for any girl to like someone to this extent he was not able to understand Viji. And on other hand his mind was torturing him of his past. He wanted to come out of it. He had enough of pains. Every time Viji was angry with Prabhu, she made biiig decisions not to talk to him. But when she looks at his face and the cute smile she forgets everything and she starts talking to him. She was ashamed on her behavior only in his absence. But when he was there she forgets everything, and behaves with him normally. Though she maintained a distance with him because of that day incident and Viji was waiting for an opportunity to ask Prabhu about Shalini. As of Prabhu he felt his existence was because of Viji only. Day by day he was growing dependent on her. However he didn’t want to show to her since Prabhu was still not able to get out of his conceptions about girls that he had earlier. His ego stopped him. One month passed by like this. One weekend Viji was alone in her flat. Prabhu called her from morning and she was not picking up the call. He was confused and he decided to go to her flat. After knocking a lot many times Prabhu was worried by now. He got hold of the apartment secretary and got the alternate keys. Prabhu opened the door and rushed in to find Viji unconscious on floor with high temperature. He called the doctor immediately who was in 2nd floor in their apartment since it was Sunday the doctor was there at home. Before doctor arrived, Prabhu patted gently on her cheeks to wake her. Prabhu was nervous and didn’t know what to do. Prabhu tried to lift her to place her on bed but even in her unconscious stage she wasn’t allowing him to hold her. Prabhu was drowning with some heavy pain feeling in his heart to see Viji like that. Narasimhan, MBBS came quickly and gave her the first aid treatment. After his treatment, Viji was down with high temperature but she came to conscious. Narasimhan told Prabhu that Viji’s illness was because of her improper eating habits. She haven’t had food properly and that was a simple hunger faint. Prabhu was wondering why she is hurting herself but he didn’t spend more time on that. Narasimhan was very friendly and he chatted with Prabhu for a while and gave prescription and he left. Prabhu was not ready to leave Viji even for a minute so he called his roommate Rakesh and asked him to get the medicines. Viji looked at him weakly. Prabhu didn’t even remember her saying anything about her illness the previous day. Viji looked at Prabhu "I would never be able to understand him. Sometimes he is so caring and sometimes he becomes so cruel and hurting even for simple things. "And she have been thinking about Shalini only all the time. However she was not comfortable asking about that to Prabhu directly. Prabhu made idlies with kamala’s guidance over fone and fed Viji. Viji got embarrassed and refused at first and then she got used to the situation. Prabhu gave her the medicines and due to the medicines she slept instantly. Prabhu was sitting near her bed on a stool with sportstar magazine in his hand.
    He noticed her fast asleep. Prabhu felt "Viji is not hot or too dazzling, but she is beautiful and serene in her own style". She whispered something in her sleep. Her eyebrows came together to show disturbance in her face. Prabhu stood up and went close to her. Prabhu held her hand to make her feel comfortable and for support. However she took his palm and placed on her cheeks. She held his hand like a small kid and he heard her whisper “Prabhu!!” Prabhu was curious to know what she was blabbering about him so he bent down to hear her clearly. She was continued with words "I will do anything to get you". Prabhu’s lips widened with a broad smile. He was still not able to judge if he deserved her intense luv. Prabhu was looking at her for a while so closely. It’s been 2 years since he has moved with any woman other than the ones from his family. He has always maintained a distance. "She is looking like a kid. She is simple and elegant with a serene beauty" He thought. There was a strange urge in him to kiss Viji savagely. He moved away and in order to distract himself he just moved around the room looking at her paintings. Just then he saw that there was an old diary lying there. It looked really old and torn as though someone has used it daily for more few years. He slowly picked the diary and turned to the first page. Viji had her foto stuck on the first page. So it’s her diary, he smiled to himself. He thought for a minute that its indescent to read her diary but he was so curious that he turned the pages simultaneously. In first few pages there was fun filled description of her life. And as it went on Prabhu could see her notes about the guy who sits near her once in a while in college bus. Prabhu thought "OK this girl has also got a story" He whistled to himself and turned the pages and each page were filled with her emotions, dreams, her yearning for the guy's luv. Prabhu could clearly feel that she had only a sincere one side affection. In none of the pages has she written the guy's name. Prabhu was disturbed and till the last page of the diary he didn’t find the guy's name. He sat there for a while thinking what could have happened to her love story. Prabhu was thinking how lucky could the unknown guy be and he started recollecting all the guys face in his bus. He was not able to guess who could be the lucky guy. He turned his head and saw Viji still sleeping.He gave a long breathe. and decided to forget it for now. Just as he carelessly arranged the books on the table he found a next year diary on the table. He jumped with excitement, grabbed the diary and immediately moved the pages to find further story. As he turned the pages, he was confused to see the description about the incidents that happened in college in which he was involved. By the mid page of the second diary he was almost sure that this sincere, intense affection was for him. His mind was traveling back and everything came like a flash, his life then and Viji in his bus. The last few pages of her diary had the piece of fotos where only he and Viji was there. Accidentally in bus day celebrations then in college, they were beside each other. There was around 4 to 5 fotographs. Viji has cut them all and have pasted on the last page. He closed his eyes tightly
    *************************************11***************************************

2. jayashreer513

*************************************12***************************************
    He didnt even remember these photos been taken and this girl has lived and dreamt with this photo. It seemed like an unbelievable truth. And with the words in her diary he could feel the amount of pain that Viji must have suffered seeing him with Shalini. He sat there dumbstruck unable to believe that this timid sweet girl was always there for him and he has never noticed her also. Now he understood the meaning of the expectations in her eyes. He understood all her affections were the one that has been waiting for him for 3 years. He felt guilty about his behavior with her and the way he hurt her all the more. He has never cried ever in his life and even now he didn’t cry. He felt as though there was a heavy pain in his chest. He sat there like a stone sculpture. He was angry on himself and guilty as well. His entire ego towards her has left him. Few things that happened in his life has made him blind to feel the girl’s luv and he has been considering her with all the suspects in the world. He cursed himself. He didn’t know how long he was in that position he heard Viji’s sound again. Slow murmurs calling his name again. Now Prabhu sprang up like a spring quickly and went near her and held Viji gently, slowing patting her shoulders. With the feeling that he was near her she slept in a peaceful silence.
    Viji recovered the next day. Prabhu was flying high. He felt as though he has known the meaning of his existence after so many failures. "What more could anyone want other than Viji in this world? " He thought to himself. From then onwards every weekend, Prabhu made sure that he was with Viji. Actually he did everything that, Viji craved about, in her diary. Like he took her for early morning walk. It was amazing to walk on bangalore roads during sunrise with slight drizzling, holding Vij's hands. Prabhu was discovering new joys in his life. He has never thought that stupid or silly things like this could give so much of pleasure. When he read these fantasies of Viji in her diary he felt it all so stupid. Another weekend they cooked together, teasing, chatting, hitting eachother. Once he took her on a surprise ride on his bike on bangalore higway for 4 hours. Viji was in dream world only. She never thought how come Prabhu has changed so much. She was extremely contended But even then Viji didnt get any confirmation from his side as in words that he luvs her and she was always carrying Shalini on her mind. Another weekend Prabhu got the worst horror movies cd and he watched it along with Viji. For every scary scene Viji grabbed his sleeve clothe (not his hand) and sat close to him. Prabhu was enjoying every moment with her. Her kiddish wishes, in surprise her almond shaped eyes becomes almost like a circle. He felt as though his entire world revolves around her. Prabhu sent her flowers once in a while, he reduced his smoking habbit for her. He was planning to reduce the number of cigarrettes per day to 0 for Viji. Kamala could clearly feel the difference in Prabhu and she thought that this was all her plan to get him back to his normal life. Viji was surprised to see his smile, innocence, speed in his behaviours, smartness, humor,helping tendency returning back to him. He was completely back to normal. But Prabhu found things strange happening with Viji. She didnt eat properly. She looked gloomy the whole day. He thought that there was something that was torturing her. He wanted to help her but whenever he asked her she used to refuse and say that she is very normal. But Prabhu was clearly able to feel the difference in her. Now in spite of all the things that Prabhu did for Viji there was something that stopped her to enjoy the present. "What could it be? " Prabhu thought. He doesnt know what was haunting her day and night "SHALINI!!!"

Prabhu was worried about Viji. He wanted to change her mood, So he suggested to her that they both go to Chennai together. It’s been 2 months since they both have met their parents. He booked ticket for both. He was excited about the train journey with Viji alone. They boarded the train on time. Viji fought with him for window seat and they were enjoying with their stupid talks. One particular compartment came when a north Indian family (Man, wife and his small kid) got into the compartment however Prabhu and Viji were busy with their own talks. Just then Prabhu stopped to hear what was the commotion happening in the compartment. Seems the north Indian family were trying to talk with a old lady all in tatters who was occupying their seat. That family wanted her to vacate and she was not understanding their English. And the man started pulling the lady from the seat however his wife was trying to stop him. Viji got wild with anger she got up and went up to the man. “Hey you.. stop for a minute. She is as old as your mother. I will convey the message to her. Okay” Then the man stopped. Viji gave an angry look to him And Viji turned to the old woman and told her in Tamil. The old woman was partially not in her conscious (out of mind). She got up smiled at Viji and left the compartment. Strange part was no one in the compartment was trying to help her. Viji turned to see Prabhu staring at her. She came towards him and sat in her old place and both didn’t talk for a while. Prabhu slowly muttered “I like you when you fight like this for what you feel is right”. Viji looked at him with surprise. She told him “I learnt everything from you. Fighting for others. Accepting the way everyone is. Being so innocent and friendly with everyone. Be it college day organizing or bus repair, intercollegiate meet preparations or sponsoring tea for friends, doing everything(complex and simple) with utmost sincerity and involvement”. Prabhu’s mouth went dry with her look and he held her hand and Viji leaned on his shoulders and both didn’t release each other’s hand till they reached Chennai station. They went to each other’s home and next day Viji felt like meeting Prabhu. She left to his house. Her mother Saras gave a mischievous smile “This is too much di. You cannot separate him even for a day? You have come only yesterday. No time for us..”. Viji went to Prabhu’s house but the house was strangely silent unlike other times. She entered the house to see Shalini in reception to her utmost shock. Shalini was all in tears and Kamala was next to her. The earth seemed like shaking to Viji. She held the nearby wall tightly and finally the devil has arrived.
    *************************************12***************************************

3. jayashreer513

*************************************13***************************************

Even Kamala and Shalini saw Viji. Kamala gave an uneasy smile and told “Come Viji . This is Shalini. Prabhu’s friend.” Viji entered in unable to escape from there. She smiled and Shalini and Kamala told to Shalini. “Shalini this is Viji. Prabhu’s fiancée” Viji felt like Kamala gave an unusual stress for the word fiancée. She sat there and smiled at Shalini. “I know her akka. She is from my college only” Just the Prabhu came in. He also gave such an expression of shock and hatred when he saw Shalini and he was in an uneasy situation to see Viji also at the same time. Shalini said with a haste “Hi Prabhu. Heard that ur going to get married. Came here to congratulate you.” Prabhu replied” Thanks you can leave if u have wished”. Viji was dumbstruck to see his reactions and confused also. Kamala got up to clear the situation. She called to Viji. “Viji come lets go and make tea.” Kamala looked at Prabhu with a caution and she left the hall with Viji. Viji’s inner feeling was screaming aloud with insecurity. She didn’t feel like leaving Prabhu alone with Shalini. However she left to kitchen and she was restless there. Viji felt like intentionally Kamala was dragging the time. After some 15 minutes they came with tea. Viji heard Shalini saying “I love you..I am so sorry Please forgive me..” Viji looked up to see Prabhu. Prabhu’s face was as hard as rock with no expressions on it. And Shalini hurriedly wiped her tears. Viji told Kamala that she has to leave now. She was feeling so baad that she wanted some place to cry alone. How she felt when she leaned on his shoulders, as though she has lived her contend life. And the very next day her dream has shattered like this. All Viji thought was they make a good pair and they were separated because of some silly reason.” Even in beginning Prabhu was not able to forget her. He was so much in her thoughts and finally he has managed to hide his thoughts haunting him, from Viji. All the while he has been loving her only. But he was being friendly with Viji just not to hurt her. This love and affection and all the care he gave her was just like alms. He has given out of sympathy.” Tears were streaming down her cheeks. She managed to reach her house and got into her room. Away from everyone in this world , alone in her own room.
    Next day Viji got a call from Shalini. “Viji I want to talk to you. Please it’s very important.” Viji felt like asking “Important for whom” However she just kept quite. Even she wanted to meet Shalini and get things clear and be ready for the loss in future. They both decided the time and place. When Viji arrived the hotel Shalini was already there. “Hi Viji. Sit..” Viji sat down and was waiting Shalini to start talking and Shalini was crying all the time. Her eyes were filled with tears now and then and she wiped them continuously. May be she expected Viji to ask the reason but Viji sat there like a statue knowing the fact that her own tears have dried the previous night. And Viji hates to cry in front of others. Shalini started after a while “Viji you know something, I loved Prabhu so much during college even after college we were having such a good understanding. You know what he left the job in delhi that he got in campus interview, only for me..that is not to depart from me. But then we happened to depart because of some stupid reasons like he didn’t trust me and I was not able to withstand his suspicion so I left him. But now I feel that I cannot be without him and its only your marriage that is stopping him now. Its just a arranged marriage naa..Viji” Viji was dumbstruck. She licked her lips wet and started talking “It’s an arranged marriage. But Shalini what did you say.. My marriage is stopping him? Whom? From what?” Shalini gave an impatient look. “What Viji how can you be so stupid? He did so many things for me. And you know what he attempted suicide also because I left him..God I mean Prabhu..Listen you were from our college only na..Didn’t you know about Prabhu and me. And also.” Viji’s eyes widened with the sentence that Prabhu has attempted suicide for Shalini which means that he has an eternal love for Shalini and how can that change with her birthday parties, gift, food and her stupid ways of expressing love. And of course I am not as beautiful and as gorgeous and most wanted as Shalini…Shalini felt she is on right track to get Prabhu back. She continued “See Viji…Yours is an arranged marriage..But think we have loved each other for 3 yrs and finally we separated because of situations. Prabhu feels bad because he might hurt you by stopping this marriage, so he asked me to keep quite in this problem. But how can he think of me and live with you for entire life. It will be hell for him. Don’t ask him about this because he might scold me. Our life is in your hands now. Please stop the marriage.” Shalini spoke for half an hour in between her tears and its all clear to Viji that she has to get the hell out of their life. Viji had nothing in her mind. Everything was blank. She wanted to ignore this as lies but she knew that Prabhu was still having Shalini only in his mind. Because he has never told her that he luvs her and also he has always been friendly as Shalini is telling. She was able to clearly recollect the impact of shalini’s arrival on his face that day. Viji got up and told Shalini “I will try for the best” and she walked away.

“One minute Viji! I want to add more. I have slept with him once.” Shalini’s voice softened and lowering her head She said “ I am telling this just to make you understand about our intimacy. We have shared our love, soul, body…Please! I would be very grateful to you if you return my Prabhu to me” Viji stretched her lips to smile at Shalini. That was painful. And she left from there. Viji was busy thinking to herself. Prabhu has hidden everything from me. Their relationship, intimacy and his love for her..everything. Even that day Viji cried so much on her pillow. And the following days she was sure what was going to follow. Same sleepless tear filled nights. As the weekend got over Viji and Prabhu had to return to Bangalore to office. They boarded the train. Viji was tired because of mental problems and even Prabhu was tired. Prabhu didn’t talk much but Prabhu was able to see the difference in Viji. He didn’t ask her anything. They returned to their apartment ad were busy with their work in weekdays. And Prabhu didn’t know why Viji was restricting herself by not talking to Prabhu. The week was very hectic. And when Prabhu went to Viji’s flat the door was locked. Prabhu didn’t know the reason . He tried to contact her in vain since her mobile was switched off. He was not able to reach her the whole day on mobile. Later that day evening he saw her returning from office. He thought maybe she was busy with work. He made coffee for her and went to her flat since he thought she might require. Viji refused by saying she is tired. Prabhu wanted to stay there for some more time. He wanted to compensated for a week. She didn’t seem much interested in talking. He left her alone. When she left to office on Sunday, Prabhu was angry on her asking her to take rest. Viji yelled back at him saying she has work in office. Everything looked strange for Prabhu. Her behavior was so different and he was not able to know the reason for the difference.
    Prabhu decided to remain silent for a while. Due to whatever reason she is angry with me now, she won’t be able to be with that anger for long. My Viji will come back to me. He thought so. It was strange for Prabhu the way he has started liking Viji. To fill in the gaps Prabhu started calling his college Mets with whom he has fought once for Shalini, apologized to them and told them the happy news about his marriage with Viji. But Viji’s anger or rather her pretence didn’t seem to stop. Just then Kamala called Prabhu to inform the shocking new that Viji’s parents have stopped the marriage. Prabhu became red with anger. Kamala told further that they are not willing to tell the reason. Prabhu called Saras and enquired her the reason for which they have stopped the marriage. She didn’t tell anything. Prabhu left to Chennai in flight and was there in Viji’s house the same day. Kamala accompanied him .On stressing more Kamala burst out with secret the Viji has stopped the marriage. Viji’s dad tried to convince her with affection, advice, by begging and even by hitting her. But for everything she has refused strongly and now they have no other go. In spite of being so tired Prabhu left to Bangalore the same day. It was past midnight when he knocked Viji’s door.

Prabhu decided to remain silent for a while. Due to whatever reason she is angry with me now, she won’t be able to be with that anger for long. My Viji will come back to me. He thought so. It was strange for Prabhu the way he has started liking Viji. To fill in the gaps Prabhu started calling his college Mets with whom he has fought once for Shalini, apologized to them and told them the happy news about his marriage with Viji. But Viji’s anger or rather her pretence didn’t seem to stop. Just then Kamala called Prabhu to inform the shocking new that Viji’s parents have stopped the marriage. Prabhu became red with anger. Kamala told further that they are not willing to tell the reason. Prabhu called Saras and enquired her the reason for which they have stopped the marriage. She didn’t tell anything. Prabhu left to Chennai in flight and was there in Viji’s house the same day. Kamala accompanied him .On stressing more Kamala burst out with secret the Viji has stopped the marriage. Viji’s dad tried to convince her with affection, advice, by begging and even by hitting her. But for everything she has refused strongly and now they have no other go. In spite of being so tired Prabhu left to Bangalore the same day. It was past midnight when he knocked Viji’s door.

*************************************13**********************************************

1 person likes this.
  4. jayashreer513

*************************************14**********************************************
    Prabhu was very angry. He towered his entire height over her. “Hey Viji why do you do this? Whats wrong with you. Why did you stop the wedding? I thought you really loved me. What’s your problem?”
    "ok my problem is you" Viji replied. "Prabhu did u have an affair with shalini in college?" Prabhu looked frustrated he nodded yes. "And u accepted to marry me because ur sister forced u to right?" This time prabhu opened his mouth to protest. Viji told "Please prabhu answer yes or no" Prabhu said yes in a low volume. "Now when u have got ur luv back why dont u proceed with her" Viji asked questioning. Prabhu replied "Ok viji so ur feeling in secured because shalini has come back. Come on ..please viji.. I acccept in beginning I loved her. Every men fall in situation like that. She is attractive, beautiful but she is not the one for me. But that’s not all life about. I discovered meaning of my life after meeting you. She is my past and ur my present. I have forgotten my past please dont remind about her to me" Prabhu said in a desperate voice to make her understand everything. Viji replied "Finally you have decided that she is not for you after sleeping with her" She looked at him angrily. ACtually that information she recieved from shalini struck her hard. She felt that Prabhu is a cheap womaniser, using the girl he loved and just left her in a misunderstanding. Prabhu was shocked. He never spoke to Viji about shalini before because he never wanted this to be known by Viji. He was shocked. And he very well knew how Viji would take this. He knew that she is going to hate him. They day which he dreaded about has come. He opened his mouth in protest. Viji stopped him "Its past 12 in nite and I dont have any business with cheap men like you.Get out of my flat" With this Prabhu reached his saturation point and he quitely got out of her flat. Viji cried behind the locked doors for her lost love. Prabhu was feeling really sad.

Prabhu was upset about the whole thing. He never expected this to happen. After having moved so close with Viji he knew the amount of importance that she would give for this issue. And she has reacted the same way as he expected. Prabhu felt guilty for whatever happened in past and he was angry on Viji also for not giving him a chance to defend himself. He closed his eyes and started thinking about Viji. He didn’t even get a wink of sleep till morning. Viji was equally angry with prabhu, she was thinking about the ways to get out of the depression. A week passed by and even a minute didn’t pass by without the thoughts of Prabhu. She was finding a difficult time to be normal. Seeing the actor Vijay in television would remind of him, since he is his fav hero. If she comes across his name anywhere on roads with his nameboard, she would stop for a second. If she sees the menu as Biriyani in food court that would remind him. Each and every thing that she came across carrried his memories which she wanted to be away from. A month passed by.

A month passed by. Prabhu tried to talk to Viji once in a while whenever they happened to meet in lift or anywhere around their apartment but all the while Viji avoided him abruptly. Infact she was afraid of herself. She knew that love stricken mind would be able to forgive any blunder. Viji was hanging out with her new friend in office.In Viji's office there was an onsite coordinator who returned to offshore in her project. They have discussed about work alot over phone. Her name is Jhansi. Viji and Jhansi were working on the project for past 9 months and they spoke over phone atleast four times in a week.Though they havent met each other till she came offshore, they were good frds. Viji was spending her weekends with Jhansi in order to maintain the distance with Prabhu. Also Viji offered Jhansi to come with her to chennai to meet Viji's parents. So on a friday Viji was starting to railway station from her apartment. She had a plan of joining Jhansi in station and then boarding chennai train together. She hurried to the Lift and when the lift door was about to close PRabhu got in the lift. He beleived that Viji would definitely get back to him one day or other. Whenever he lost confidence he used to recollect her diary lines. That gave him enormous strenght and patience to wait for Viji. He was staring at her for a while to judge her mood, meanwhile Viji was looking at the mirror. Prabhu slowly called her name, in spite of the dont care look in her face Prabhu started talking to her. "Viji please listen to me once. Listen to my part of the story. What happened is happened? I never want to discuss about that to anyone. Thats a past part of my life. " He kept on repeating his old story and Viji in no mood to listen to him hurried out of Lift. One small part of her heart was empathising for the sad look on Prabhu's face. A month beard on his face ,lose in few kgs and irregular dressing was killing her. She was still gripping her anger with g8 difficulty and left the place immediately. Seems like prabhu was also returning to Chennai. He had a travel bag in his hand. Viji found Jhansi in plateform number 9. WHen she was about to board the train PRabhu found her in crowd and he rushed towards her to talk. He stopped with a shock when he saw Jhansi there. He sweated profusely on looking at Jhansi. He stopped there and decided not to talk to Viji at this time that too with Jhansi around. Jhansi also happened to see Prabhu when prabhu backed and boarded another compartment. Viji noticed the terrible expressiojn on Jhansi's face for Prabhu. After settling down Viji asked slowly "Hey Jhansi Do u know that guy? You gave a recognised look.." Jhansi trying to sound casual asked "Which guy?" Viji asked "Hey that guy with red tshirt" Jhansi replied"Pls dont bore me. I dont remember."

Viji wanted to know desperately but she decided either Jhansi is trying to hide something or else She herself has misunderstood. She decided to stop thinking about Prabhu. But still her thoughts never obeyed her. "Do I affect him so much that he has changed so much completely in a month.." SHe nodded her head and started thinking about Shalini., trying to hate him in vain.............................. Jhansi moved nicely with Viji's family and she had a nice time during that weekend. This visit made Jhansi even more close with Viji. Viji and Jhansi returned back to bangalore for another weeks heavy work. Meanwhile Prabhu was still in chennai. Kamala was getting worried about her brother. She was the person who asked PRabhu not to tell about anything to Viji. Now Kamala was feeling guilty herself. "Sorry da I thought she would be perfect for you. But now if she has so much of attitude that she is not even ready to listen to you, leave her da. I will look for another girl. She is not thelast girl in this world." Prabhu got up. "I am leaving akka. You wont understand me. Would you able to leave maama now and marry someone else if he misunderstands you? Its your love and attachement to him. She is same for me. I am not saying this for word sake. She is not the last girl in this world, but she is the only girl for me. You donno ka..How much she loves me? I want to reciprocate her affection for me. She is angry with me now . But she wont be able to forget me ever in her life. I will wait for her. I am not doing this for anyone ka.I have the selfish reason that is...If she suffers, I would get hurt. So I will make her understand and get things back to normal. You dont worry. Everthing will be alright." Kamala smiled and she was feeling proud of her brother. Back in bangalore, when browsing through Jhansi's comp, Viji came across few photos and saw Jhansi and Shalni together in many photos. Hugging eachother and in lot many poses. Viji was confused and Jhansi happened to walk in her cubicle and she simply came and closed the folders and deleted the photographs. "Hey why are you deleting ? You know Shalini? She was my collegemet." Viji continued "Reply da.." Jhansi spoke in an unusual cold voice. "Please dont talk about her I am not in good mood" Viji replied "Why whas wrong.. appraisal tension or what?" Jhansi locked her comp and walked out. Viji was irritated but she wanted to know the secret behind Shalini's relationship with Jhansi.
    *************************************14**********************************************

1 person likes this.
  5. jayashreer513

*************************************15**********************************************
    That was a Friday when Jhansi came to office she saw Viji in her place with eyes swollen and face pale wiped out with expressions. Jhansi didn’t know whats wrong with Viji. She smiled at Viji. Viji was sounding cheerful. Anyone passing by would not be able to guess that anything is bothering Viji. But someone close like Jhansi would be able to find the pain in her eyes. Jhansi wanted to help Viji. However Jhansi kept quite. Viji’s mobile rang and Viji left it unattended. But reading the messages once in a while Viji eyes went moist and Jhansi was noticing al this secretly. The whole day Viji was maintaining her act. Later in evening when she was about to leave Jhansi grabbed her mobile and told I want to know what wrong with u. Whether uu like it or not iam going to poke my nose in to ur personal to help u. “ Viji was shouting…But Jhansi read all the messages in Viji’s mobile and all the messages were wedding day wishes. And was forwarded to Viji. Jhansi gave a confused look. Viji’s eyes were red again. Jhansi told “I will come to ur flat today” Viji abruptly replied “No need” .. Jhansi”Maam that was a information not permission!!”.. Viji gave an angry look and started walking fastly. Jhansi paced up to keep up with Viji. And both reached Viji’s flat. Viji splashed water on her face. She felt little relaxed. When she came out, she saw Jhansi in front of television. Jhansi enquired “Want tea” She was already having one cup in her hand. Viji smiled and said yes. Jhansi went to kitchen and she was thinking how to ask and what to ask. She didn’t know whats wrong with Viji. And what is the meaning of those messages. She was confused but she wanted to be there with viji for support. At the same time in hall Viji’s thoughts were different. But for Jhansi she would have gone mad. Just because she has a sweet friend like Jhansi she is able to stand this day. Jhansi came out with tea. Both had tea. After a while Jhansi went for preparing dinner. Viji was not in a mood to eat or talk. She was just watching tv. Time to time her eyes were filled with tears. Every 15 minutes she went and washed her eyes. Jhansi was watching all this and she decided to talk after dinner.
    Someone knocked the door while Jhansi was busy cooking. Viji opened the door and saw Prabhu there leaning on the door. He was completely drenched in sweat and he saluted to Viji. “gud evening madam” Viji gave a confused look. Prabhu looked at her as if he is looking her for the first time. He grabbed Viji’s hand and said “Congratulations!!!” “Happy Wedding day” “May our life be filled with affection and love. No disputes” He winked saying so.... Viji tried to release her hand and found that it was impossible. She was able to smell that Prabhu has drunk heavily. Once she remembered him saying that he never touches alcohol. Viji was shocked with Prabhu’s behavior. She understood how much he has lied to her. He was not even able to stand steadily. Prabhu was seriously talking to her “Madam I am waiting for this day from my 20th year. Morning, 6 to 8 muhurtham (auspicious time). It is over???? And, now it is night. After 10 o’clock muhurtham. Come with meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!” He spoke with all expressions. He was angry also. With every effort of hers to release he grabbed her even more. He tore her sleeve clothe. Viji felt so ashamed. He didn’t seem to notice her tears or her pain. He was in his own world talking to himself. “I have been silent all these days controlling myself not to spoil my impression with you and not to spoil your innocence. Now that we are married what should I wait for?” Viji was all in tears trying to release herself. She hated Prabhu all the more at this instance. She felt like stabbing him. He was hurting her. He is an animal. Wild….He must have done the same to Shalini. But whatever punches she gave him gathering all her strength landed on him like soft pats. He was so very strong for her. With one pull of his Viji fell on him and he pulled her into the flat. With all the commotions Jhansi came out she immediately acted. She managed to pull Prabhu away from Viji. Prabhu on looking at Jhansi, he again blabbered “Oh sister!! Ur here………..U would have told enough about me to her right. She would never come with me. She would never understand me. But you know what, today is our first night…” He blushed. Prabhu was completely out of mind. He again went and hugged Viji. Jhansi pulled him again with all her strength. Both the girls were finding a difficult time to control him. Viji gave him a tight slap and with that Prabhu vomited on the floor and he passed out amidst his vomit. Both the girls cleaned the floor. Viji removed his shirt and cleaned him and his hair. She called Rakesh, Prabhu’s roommate. He came immediately. He told “Hey Viji..He never drinks!! I know definitely..Even during project parties he stays away from hot drinks.” Rakesh’s face changed “Today was supposed to be your wedding. I don’t what’s wrong with you two. You both make a good pair..May be because of that” Viji gestured him to stop. “Please Rakesh carry him to your flat. I don’t want to see him even for a second.” Viji had loads and loads of hatred on Prabhu. Rakesh shook his shoulders and gave her an irritating look and told her “Loss is your Viji!!” With that he left with Prabhu.
    Jhansi was listening to everything and she didn’t ask anything to Viji. They both were not in a mood to have food. Jhansi moved everything to fridge. Before going to bed Jhansi asked “mm.. Were you about to marry him? What happened why was the marriage stopped?” Actually Jhansi scared the Viji might scold her…She asked timidly. And Viji gave an angry reply “ its my personal. Shut up and sleep now” Jhansi silently lied on bed and after half an hour Viji was not getting a pinch of sleep. She woke Jhansi “hey Jhansi! Wake up. You know him right. You know Prabhu naa.. Please tell me, what you know about him?” Jhansi has really slept. She jumped with shock and looked at Viji angrily for waking her up at 12 in night. “Why should I say? Why are you worried about him? You only said naa.. You don’t want to see him even for a second. “ Jhansi lay again on bed and told “alloooooooow me to sleeeeeeeeep!!” Viji replied “ Please Jhansi. My brain hates him but something in me never stops to think about him. He is a drug, heroin for me. I have become addicted to him.” Viji was crying but she hurriedly wiped her tears “why should I cry for someone who doesn’t like me. I mean nothing to him. I won’t cry for him. He is a cheat. But I am not able to stop crying also.” Jhansi shouted “Aiyooo Viji looosa ayitaa…”. Now Jhansi was wide awake. “tell me what happened and why you stopped the marriage?” She enquired again. Viji didn’t want to say anything wrong about Prabhu to anyone. Be it her parents or Jhansi or anyone else. So she said..” I didn’t like him. Now you say what did he mean that you would have told me about him? What?” Jhansi felt like hitting Viji but she gave up first. “Ok Viji I will say this but for your sake. This is my family matter and you should not think cheap about me or my family.” Viji replied “aiyoo enough of ur prologue please tell me what does Prabhu has to do with your family?”
    *************************************15***************************************

1 person likes this.
  6. jayashreer513

*************************************16***************************************
    Jhansi started…. Jhansi had a sweet family.. Mom, Jhansi and her sister Jojo. Jhansi’s father died when she was 10 years old. And her mother was a strong women who took care of her daughters and educated them. Jhansi got into the best software company and her sister Jojo was in college. Jhansi loved her sister very much. Jhansi knew her sister was a little selfish and had a lot of dreams for money. But she never found that as a big problem. They were a very loving family. At that time, her sister also completed her college. On last day of Jojo’s college she decided to go with her friends on a tour. Jhansi and her mom packed everything for Jojo and sent her on tour. After returning from tour Jhansi found that her sister was always alone , tensed not at all normal. Jhansi was constantly watching Jojo. She spoke over phone with her friend. Jhansi knew that since her sister was very beautiful she had a lot of fans in college. But now Jhansi found it unusual that her sister was also involved in something serious. When Jhansi enquired her sister, Initially Jojo lied but finally she came up with the truth that………….
    “Hey wait Jhansi. I asked about Prabhu and your telling your family history. It’s not that I don’t want to listen. But now I want to know about Prabhu da. Please” Viji interrupted. Jhansi gave an impatient look. “You are one mad girl. Listen to what I say. Jojo is what I call my sister. Other people call her by name SHALINI” Viji forgot to breathe or blink. She looked at Jhansi with a shock. No way did they resemble each other. Beautiful Shalini and much normal Jhansi. Always Shalini had a cheap look for Viji and Jhansi looked at Viji with admiration and affection. Jhansi continued.

They both are having the affair for past one year. I was wondering how come I didn’t notice the change in her. I was too busy with my studies and my career. Then only I was able to notice the expensive gifts and cosmetics that were there in her room. I felt ashamed of not even being able to keep a track of my sister being in same house. They both along with their other colleagues went for the excursion. They went for a party and in the party all her friends drank wine. Everything was going fine. Since they were all out of college, all were in so much of energy that all the guys drunk a lot. The party went on till midnight and when returning back to her room, her lover boy came to her room. They both were chatting for a while and he was going on drinking more and more and finally he was completely out of conscious. He started behaving strangely. My sister was so innocent that she didn’t know what he was upto. And when she realized she was completely fallen in his arms. In spite of her cries and warnings he raped her. Jojo broke into heavy tears. I was dumb struck; I didn’t know how to behave. I decided not to tell anything to my mom, since she cannot handle this. I started enquiring about the guy. Jojo told me that he is her college met. He was the smartest guy in college. Actually we are poor people. Our living was going on with our mothers ample earnings. As I was scared, I came to know that the guy is from a rich family. I could understand that my sister has fallen for his money and charm. You don’t know how much I hated the guy who has spoilt my sister’s life. I wanted to kill him. She cried that he is going to leave to Delhi to join in a new job there. I was so sure that he was trying to ditch my sister. Jojo was completely lost in his love that she begged me not to make this issue big. She would solve it herself. But How could I leave her alone in the trouble. So I decided to teach the rich guy a lesson. And I immediately left to his house. To my disappointment, his family was cool and a affectionate family. Whereas I thought that they would be like the typical rich people, who won’t have a close knit family.

I went to his house with my family. His mom, dad and his sister were there. Even that stupid rogue was there. When I told my sister’s matter there I expected that the guy would deny and his father would ask me to take money and quit their house. But to my surprise the guy went near his dad fell on his knees and pleaded him to forgive and told that he was completely drunk and he doesn’t remember anything. He did out of his conscious and He was pleading on behalf of Jojo also to accept her as daughter in law. But in front of me, his father beat his so bad with the belt. This guy took all the beating from his dad. I could see the guilt in his eyes for having spoilt my Jojo’s life. Jojo was silent all the time. She didn’t open her mouth in protest, to stop beating him. The guy’s mother and sister were crying but even they didn’t stop the father hitting Prabhu.

With the last word of Jhansi, Viji got up to drink water. She knew that Shalini’s boy friend is Prabhu but she never expected him to behave so cheap with Shalini. Even then she was thinking that may be Shalini was so beautiful and Prabhu was not in his conscious and Prabhu was completely lost in her love..Annd…She gulped some more water. Even when I see u doing a brutal act, My heart finds reasons for that, To justify whatever u do, The meaning of true love lie there. Jhansi could feel How Viji should have felt. Viji gestured to Jhansi to continue. Then to my surprise his father came to me and pleaded for his son’s behavior. I was happy for whatever the guy has done. There family is a good one. He told that they would do a simple engagement. And then they would get their son married to my Jojo. Prabhu’s mom and sister started talking to Jojo nicely. They treated me well. I told Jojo’s love story to my mom. My mom protested in beginning but I convinced her. My mom didn’t know anything about their tour. But my mom came up with a condition that Jojo should get married only after my marriage. Prabhu’s family accepted for this. Jojo convinced Prabhu to quit his job in Delhi and join somewhere in Chennai itself. I didn’t understand why this girl was feeling so in secured. I felt the guy to be fine. He didn’t have any vengeance on me since I was the reason to get him that beating from his dad. Within one month of their engagement Prabhu became a member in our family. He sued to visit us. He joined in a new job also. He recommended through his dad for a new job for Jojo. My mom was busy searching for a guy for me. And they both were like love birds flying around the city. When Prabhu got his first salary he bought gifts for all of us in our family also along with his family members. My mom also started liking Prabhu’s character.
    This went on for around 5 months. Both Prabhu and Jojo were happy. Prabhu left his good job in Delhi for her but he never repented for that. And his family was also equally affectionate on Jojo. But Jojo’s behavior abruptly changed towards me. She was no longer affectionate on me. In fact once in a while she used to scold me that I am the one in path of her happiness. I am spoiling her future. Since mom asked her to wait till my marriage she has to live in our house which is not with much of lavish. I was getting depressed day by day since no alliance was suitable for me. Just then Prabhu had to go to Bangalore for short term training in his work. And Jojo was crying like nothing we all convinced her so much. After that she somehow got convinced for Prabhu’s training. I was not able to understand why my sister was behaving like a kid to depart him.. Viji interrupted “mm..m..He is like that. He mesmerizes everyone.” Jhansi smiled mischievously at Viji “experience talks? “ Viji replied with protest “No I didn’t get mesmerized..” But Viji knew the truth. Jhansi continued “Ok so finally Prabhu left to Bangalore. There was a family friend of Prabhu whom Prabhu’s father suggested for me. His name is Sanjay. Sanjay’s father and Prabhu’s father were friends. After Sanjay’s father’s death Prabhu’s father was like god father for Sanjay in business. So on one auspicious day Sanjay came to see me. I dressed up nicely. Sanjay came and saw me and he went but he never replied whether he is interested or not. Prabhu’s father came with a response that he wants some time to think. Then one day Sanjay turned up to our house. All were in our house and he came and spoke with us for a while and then Sanjay spoke casually with me and Jojo. And finally Sanjay opened up with what he wanted to convey. That he is interested to marry Jojo and not me. We all were shocked and I was depressed even more. Jojo started laughing in front of him and she left. Sanjay left our house and we returned to our normal life after a week. Again groom search was going on for me. And a month passed by. Prabhu called me one day and told that Jojo is not talking to him. She is avoiding him. Prabhu came here to Chennai and whenever he calls her for outing, she refuses with some reason or other. Prabhu complained about everything to me over phone that Jojo is avoiding him and he doesn’t know the reason.
    *************************************16***********************************

1 person likes this.
  7. jayashreer513

*************************************17***********************************
    I then noticed that Jojo was busy talking with someone over phone. All the time I thought she was talking with Prabhu only. But I didn’t know who else it could be? Few days later I saw her in a restaurant with Sanjay. I thought maybe he is trying to convince her. So in an idea to help her so I enquired her. Jojo shot back that it’s her personal life. And I am jealous of her beauty. I kept my mouth shut and didn’t ask her about anything else. For the days that proceeded I could see that Jojo was getting serious with Sanjay. I happened to see her going out with Sanjay every weekend. By the time Prabhu also came from Bangalore. Prabhu came to our house the very next day and as usual he brought her loads and loads of gifts. Viji remembered the day when she asked Prabhu to gift her something. But his face hardened like rock and he replied her, He doesn’t know what girls would like and he is very bad in choosing gift. So whatever she buys he can pay. But he doesn’t want to choose something for her. Viji hated the expression on his face, as if she has borrowed 50000 rs from him. Viji felt that Shalini is so lucky to be showered with his gifts.
    Jhansi was going on with her narration. Prabhu expected Jojo to hug him with happiness. But she was a changed one. She looked at his gifts and she had a complaint and suggestion for every gift that he gave her. I clearly remember the pain filled face of Prabhu. He picked up all the gifts and left our house. He was such an innocent guy at that time that he was not even able to find the change in Jojo. Prabhu thought that maybe she was not in good mood. Even I was not able to figure out what Jojo was up to. It was 1a.m and both the girls were busy talking both of them didn’t have a single thought to sleep. Jhansi was pouring all her emotions to Viji and Viji forgot about everything around her. Her life after college was so boring filled with work, career opportunities. But Prabhu had so many things to handle. But as the day proceeded it was clear that Jojo was avoiding Prabhu. The distance between Jojo and Prabhu was growing. The worst part was Prabhu didn’t realize it. He didn’t even suspect about Sanjay and Jojo. One day I don’t know what happened, we got news that Prabhu has attempted suicide and he is in a serious condition admitted in hospital.
    My mom and I rushed to hospital. I didn’t find Jojo anywhere. When I was standing on the warandah of that ICU I was recollecting this guy’s affection for my sister. When I came to know the first day about him, I thought so cheap about him, but the following days he was never like what my sister explained to me about him. What is wrong with him? Why Jojo is not interested in him? My head was filled with questions and I was so sure that Jojo was reason for his suicide attempt. He left his dream job for Jojo. He was capable of convincing his parents for Jojo. His family was ready to adopt my family. And now, He is still a kid to suicide for a girl who no longer wants him. He opened his eyes after 3 days of severe treatment. When I came back home I told Jojo about him and Jojo told that she is no longer interested in him. I was shocked. I thought Jojo is still a kid and If I advice her she would change. I was trying to convince my sister. But she replied that her requirements in college were simple, so a simple man like Prabhu was able to handle her expenses but when it comes to life she requires more facility and comforts which a monthly waged person like Prabhu won’t be able to handle.

Viji was shocked to hear this. She opened her eyes wide and was listening to Jhansi. I didn’t leave my sister. I again convince her, asking her to remember about their farewell day in college and their intimacy then. I heard the most shocking news “nothing happened so as she told” Viji gave a confused look “what I didn’t get you?” Jhansi told “All the stories that Jojo told about Prabhu raping her were just fancy stories to stop him from joining in Delhi and to have a grip of him. He doesn’t even remember what happened that day since Prabhu was completely drunk and he passed out. When the next morning my sister told all these things he just nodded his head. He believed her the most in his life. He didn’t doubt even a little about her. Prabhu was guilty about his behavior and he repented for what he did. “ Viji was unable to hear her ears. How could any girl be so heartless? If she would have heard the same story from Prabhu she would never have believed him. But Jhansi…. She was not able to consider this as lie also. Everything seemed to be unbelievable truth. My sister told me that she is just being practical. It is utter madness to marry someone because she liked him once upon a time. Being a sister I should just bless her. Not try to stop her happiness.
    But at that minute my mind was thinking about Prabhu only. My mother also tried to convince her but all in vain. Finally, I moved to Bangalore with my mom, leaving Jojo there. Since my mom didn’t want to meet her anytime in her life. My mom was worried because Jojo left a guy like Prabhu and also she has spoilt my life also. My mom had a perception that my sister was reason for Sanjay’s decision that day. My mom was badly affected because of Jojo. She was worried that her brought up was bad that’s y Jojo is spoilt so badly. Hunger for power and money has blocked her eyes to see the Prabhu’s intense love for her. I don’t know what happened to Prabhu after that. I didn’t contact Jojo after that. My mom passed away few months after mainly in grief of Jojo. I didn’t inform Jojo because I hate her most in the world, for cheating a complete family, that guy Prabhu, and for breaking our family and for killing my mom.

Viji got up and brought a glass of water for Jhansi. Jhansi drank the water and then told “See I don’t cry like you for every 5 minutes like mega serial heroines…he he” Viji threw the rest of the water on Jhansi. Viji felt light now. Jhansi continued “It’s not always men are wrong. Sometimes women also ditch men like this. Isn’t it?” Jhansi continued “Now tell me why you are spending your first night with me?” saying so Jhansi winked at Viji. This time Viji threw the entire jug water on Jhansi. Jhansi was freezing with cold but still she was happy to see Viji face a little clear and happy. Jhansi forced Viji again “mm…tell me darling!!” She acted like a hero. Viji burst out with laughter and told “Nothing I thought that Prabhu is still in love with Shalini. And Shalini deserves Prabhu. Stuff like that and you know..”

With a hesitation Viji continued “Shalini met me few months before saying that she is not able to forget Prabhu and she wants him back.” Jhansi was shocked this time “I don’t know whether Jojo has come back repenting for Prabhu’s loss or she haven’t changed. But with last night behavior I could clearly say Prabhu is dying to marry you.” Jhansi winked again. Viji blushed but she hid her embarrassment with anger. “Ok now let’s go to sleep” Jhansi as usual slept instantly however Viji was thinking about how much of pain Prabhu would have encountered at that time. And he still feels guilty of having raped Shalini. Viji was feeling so bad for treating Prabhu like that. She wanted to hug him, share his pain and she was dying to apologize to him.

*************************************17***********************************

1 person likes this.
  8. jayashreer513

*************************************18*************************************
    Next morning Viji woke up. She wanted to see Prabhu immediately but she was feeling guilty on herself. She didn’t believe Prabhu. She didn’t give him a chance to explain himself. Due to the war in her brain she remained in her flat, she heated the food from fridge and both the girls had their breakfast. Meanwhile, Jhansi was advising Viji to forget everything. Live for her own life. Stop sacrificing for anyone like Shalini and so on on on…..
    Viji just nodded her head. She was lost in her own thoughts. Later that afternoon Viji went to open the flat door expecting Prabhu. And he was standing there. He didn’t come in. He stood there looking at her. Even he was in trouble to apologize. There were his nail marks on her cheeks and neck. Prabhu hands were eager to touch injures that he has done to her. He closed his eyes tight. He started talking “Viji sorry. From morning onwards I was receiving those wishes. Only my best friends knew that it’s stopped. Rest everyone were sending mails and messages and I got wild. I must not have drunk. I remember few things that I hurt you. I…I ……. Am so…” before he could complete, Viji hugged him. “I am sorry.” Viji completed. Prabhu was shocked not able to believe that it was Viji. He just stood there looking at her. She continued “I am so sorry.. I won’t leave you again. We should get married. I missed you so much. I don’t want to delay much. When shall we get married? Forgive me. Please please..Dont leave me….” Viji made his shirt wet with her tears. Prabhu hugged Viji to control her shivering. She felt so secured with him. Viji continued “I was blind. I didn’t realize how much was I hurting myself that is you.” Viji was in no idea to release Prabhu and he felt as though entire world is in his arm folds. Jhansi woke up from her small nap and saw them both. At the same time Rakesh came down to handle, if in case they end up in big fight. But both Rakesh and Jhansi were happy to see the sight there. Both of them clapped their hands. Viji tried to move away on hearing their sound And this time Prabhu didn’t leave her. “Yeah we should get married soon.. very soon.” Viji blushed and moved away.

*********END OF THE STORY***************************

2 people like this.
  9. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful Narration dear :) You rock : ) Eagerly waiting for next story :)

10. niranjanacool37

niranjanacool37 Silver IL'ite

wow yaar u were simply awesome.. god i don't have enough words to express my likeness towards your story and your style of writing.. it was a treat for us read the fully story in one shot.. i really admire you and feel myself pale in comparison with your story writing skills.. keep rocking like this... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015