Why should one wear short clothes just because you are fit?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jul 20, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Is it mandatory or what?

Finally lost the belly fat after fours years..I know long time lol but worked out hard and now I am physically quite fit.

My neighbor and some cousins tell me to invest in short clothes and flaunt?
    i honestly do not understand.it is not that I am uncomfortable but I feel more relaxed with knee length clothes.i can finally wear fitting clothes.plus my body I feel good when I look at myself in the mirror that's all.

today I got irritated.my cousin was like" start wearing shorts".i am like "not interested"she was like" u r useless.wasting away your last few years of youth.you should start flaunting and be mordern.you better stay in India"

Just coz am in thirties how is it my last few years of youth?how is shorts related to being mordern?Isnt mordern about thinking?being who you are and wearing what you like is mordern.

just little pissed off.a vent.

1 person likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Well, speaking for myself, unless nagged by near, dear and far, I will be found wearing decade old tops and dresses, both Indian and western. :oops:

The tailor in India looks at my 'measurement' (naap) blouse as if it a relic from pre-independence times.

Thirties is indeed last few years of youth. Afterwards, even if the body looks young, and mind thinks modern/young, a little sedateness in dressing is expected. You can still be fashionable, and well-groomed, but the got-it-flaunt-it is a limited time offer from/by society.

Meaning, mom and daughter better not simultaneously be in the got-it-flaunt-it phase. Just saying.

5 people like this.
  3. Alita

Alita Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    My view is to wear what makes one feel comfortable; short or else.

Alita

1 person likes this.
  4. Gauthu

Gauthu Bronze IL'ite

It happens only with Typical Indian mindset. I have seen americans they wear whatever is comfortable to them. But some Indians in US are not after comfort, they are just like to pretend.You just have to tolerate these people around who asks you to wear like this. Just tell them you go after comforts and can't pretend like i am after the fancy things. When I feel like wearing shorts i dont mind wearing at age of 50 too .. so never mind.

1 person likes this.
  5. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Modernity is in mentality, in thinking ..not in the attire one wears.

Clothing is all about comfort, we can see many girls/women wearing short skirts, tank tops and struggling to pull it down or up....they cant sit properly, walk properly without being conscious about their dress... One can look their sexiest best or most beautiful in a simple saree...or a salwar kameez. Just ignore, and wear what you like...

1 person likes this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Why are you taking others' comments too seriously?

Others should always stay at 'others' place in your life. They will tell this or that every now and then. We can't always take it.
    At the end of the day, all what make you happy and filled is what makes you comfortable.

You are right in choosing to where a very comfortable cloth, whatever it may be.
    It is your choice, and that is what makes you unique about it.

Your cousin is right though. Thirty is almost the end of being youth when it comes to fashion. You can't go crazy about your dressing sense after entering your 40s, that too with 2,3 kids. Perhaps, the celebrities are exceptions but no for family women like us.
    If you are looking forward to wear certain fashionable cloths, accesaries to wear after a few years, perhaps after shedding a few more pounds, then do it now. Because the right time may never come in the future.

2 people like this.
  7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Others' comments will irritate us ONLY when we are not sure about our ownselves. If we are sure what is comfortable to us, and what we want, we wont pay much heed to what others say to annoy us.

1 person likes this.