1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

washing daily wear

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anu1215, Apr 28, 2015.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

How long do YOU wear your pyjamas before washing them? me and my husband work from home. so i wear pyjama and t shirt.. daily.. and put them in the laundry basket.. where as my husband wears his shorts for 2 to 3 days.. so i was thinking am washing too much?

2. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

I do not think there is a right or wrong answer to this. It really depends on what you wear the whole day and how you wear your clothes. If it is a day you had general cleaning of your house or you baked, then you may need to wash them right away. But, if you were feeling lazy and in bed or on the couch the whole day, you may not need to.

Of course it is always better to change into clean clothes before going to sleep and clean clothes again at the start of the day the next day :) I think I saw the same discussion on orkut the other day and these are the same answers :)

Hope this helps. :)

3. singam2

singam2 Senior IL'ite

Minimum once a day is a must to change clothes. Prefer, twice.

4. simpleglam

simpleglam New IL'ite

I agree with what you said here:) It actually depends on how you wear your clothes. However, if you really have time, it is always a good habit to have it wash and clean after a long day work and activity:)

5. Lalita123

Lalita123 Senior IL'ite

It also depends on the weather condition, if its hot, then twice a day, if not then once a day atleast. Specially men, since they swet more then us.

6. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

It's funny. I used to work in IT services and if you are familiar with the industry, you will know that pretty much I sit in front of the computer every day and never do much physically. So, when I dress up for work everyday - the whole gamut of it - blouse, pants or skirt and blazer / sweater. When I get home, I feel that I don't need to put them in the wash because I just wore them and took a seat, but I put them in the wash anyway only because I've worn them. So, yes, for me, clean clothes everyday and change twice or three times at least :)

7. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

We have a saying in Tamil.

"kandaiyaanalum kasakki kattu kuzhanalum kulithuk kudi"

Even if it is old clothes.. wash and wear.. Even if it is a simple meal.. eat after bath.
    I follow these two religiously..!!

6 people like this.
  8. simpleglam

simpleglam New IL'ite

Yes, DavenaRosalie:) I would probably do the same if I also work like you do. That's good because you could even save time in washing your clothes to wear:)

9. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for ur reply's... as i was used to wear clean clothes daily.. am following the same rule, based on all ur reply's i think its individual choice.

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

We too wash it daily . Both outside cloth and the night cloth, and my DS change as if he is running a fashion show.

I have laundry every single day, at times i feel last birth i was a dobie wallah , and continuing the same profession this life also, the difference is this time its unpaid

2 people like this.