1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation idea please...........

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sanjithaa, Apr 15, 2015.

1. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

3-4 days in may, would be very difficult to arrange. most of the affordable and high end would have already been booked. last year around the new year long holidays (that was the only 3 days both my kids had hols at the same time) i could not get a booking in any place.

you have not mentioned children and also whether you people are adventurous and if there are no budget constraints.

in may during the peak holiday season with all school holidays, and heat, i like to think of different experiences..maybe bird watching, trekking and being one with nature in a little cool place if possible..kind of rewinding and energising before getting back to the grind.
    (since i have grown up kids, and the hotel regulations are different, we look for homestays and family suites in general..)
    and some of the places that i have in my book marks..to do places..

Wild Rock Resorts
    Kodaikanal Hotel Villa Retreat, Resorts, Cottages, Homestay
    Cardamom House
    Letz Step Out | Homestay in Chikmagalur | Kudremukh Resorts | Karnataka Waterfalls | Ghatikallu | Weekend getaways from Bangalore
    Rajakkad hotel - History - Tamil Nadu - South India
    a prime example of the luxurious mansion unique to the Chettinad region
    Banyan Tree Farm Stay
    http://kalakadtigerfoundation.org/images/package.jpg (told there are some forest department run hotels)
    the mannar marine park / the gulf of mannar marine park..ffor the marine beauty..
    Peak of adventure - The Hindu

these are places in tamilnadu..mostly. have not included others..
    will add more if i can find any of the bookmarks..

1 person likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  4. sanjithaa

sanjithaa New IL'ite

thanks a lot to all for everyone.........its definitely helpful.......friendssmiley

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@sanjithaa, what do you really like to do on vacations?

1. Do you usually relax by the pool? If yes, look for options that have a good hotel but not many tourist attractions? You dont really have to go too far for that.

2. Do you like beaches and like to spend time at the beach? If yes, apart from popular destinations, there is a resort called Turtle Bay Resort near Udipi in Karnataka. It was awesome. the resort was not 5 star types. So, it was economical but still had a private beach and less crowded.

3. Do you like to visit religious places? If yes, then look into Srisailam, Tirumala etc

4. If you like scenery/ backwater type of setup, then look at places like Kovalam in Kerala.

First decide what you want on a vacation and then take it from there. If you want to do a bunch of things, it defeats the purpose of a vacation.

1 person likes this.
  6. sanjithaa

sanjithaa New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Ya may is too difficult to plan but thing is its my sons holiday time.@rakhii no, not looking for a beach/resort to relax for whole day......bcs my son is 5 yrs hold and we have to run around him :spin. so not of that sort....I just want to roam around......not too spiritual.......preference is hill station.....atleast not too sunny places..........budget not a constraint.......cant plan for northindia as time frame is just 3-4 days........

7. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Munnar is an amazing place for 3-4 days outing. Other I can think of is Kodaikanal, Yercaud (a secluded place). I heard that Ponmudi near Thiruvanathpuram is a good place, never been there though.

Kasargod is another good place, but not a hill station.

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Have u been to Bangalore?nice place...

how about KErala? Houseboat? Massages?scenic beauty?

u can try yelagiri which is nearby or relax in Pondicherry

Srilanka..

u can can also check out Hyderabad ..the thing is when we think vacation it is only hill stations or exotic locations..u can try the above too..