1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Myooor Vihar......oji right nahin.........left!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meera2503, Jul 2, 2008.

1. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hey Hema aka Dream Girl,

Enjoyed my Myooor Vihar trip......thanks for your comments yaar.It could have been even worse in Chennai,Hyderabad,Bangalore or any other place.Rightly said, jaan bachgayee and safely reached Myooor Vihar.I think the auto walla was going for his test drive with us.......Big Laugh

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meera

Good narration of a real funny story... but to tell you the truth, Mayur Vihar is one big bhoolbullaiyyan, I'm from east of delhi too, and used to stay pretty close to mayur vihar, it has phases and phases and then soo many blocks. Sardar jis are pretty nice and talk to everyone calling them "beta" (son or daughter in hindi).

Ya that area has a lot of fields and dairy farms.
    Also when it comes to moving from airport or station, auto guys charge u a bomb.
    Good that you carry a great memory of Delhi in your hearts.

~Abha

3. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

shanvy,

you are welcome,

We really didnot know much about routes in Delhi then and even now.We were there to attend a wedding and visit relatives.

But till date ,believe Sardarji was genuine. He was talking about Chennai visit ...we later thought ....just to make us comfortable,as he too like us didnot know the route very well. could be possible? isn't it.

That is what ,we all in the family agreed and looked at the not- so- funny- then
    incident as a funny one now.

meera

4. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Welcome to my posts. Thanks your kind comments.
    We were so tense at the time that not a single muscle on our face was movingBig Laugh
    We were praying to all the gods to reach us to Myoooor Vihar..

So we think of it now and laugh at the incident.

Thanks and regards

Meera

5. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Dear Nivedi,

Thanks you for your comments . This auto driver was a character and he made us look like characters too...Big Laugh but he gave a nice ride to remember and write about.

regards

meera

6. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi Abha,

Thanks for writing in. I do have good memories of Delhi..... also because of this one hell of a ride. We have visited Delhi only three times and not very familiar with much of the places.

I know Mayur Vihar is very close to Noida . I also liked to shop at the I think, the weekly- once Tuesday/Saturday markets outside Mayur Vihar.Am I right?

Also the flyovers of Delhi are really well maintained .Delhi is much greener now and less polluted with CNG. Should be introduced in all cities.

Thanks and regards,

meera

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Ya Delhi is quite a cosmopolitan city, also now it has become very advanced, with the Metro which has connected the entire city (delhi is actually quite small) and some really nice international style highways and a really cool airport. Delhi has also got the exit system (US style) implemented at a few places.

In Delhi every colony has their own tuesday or wednesday market. If you are driving, you wudnt come to know when you leave mayur vihar and enter noida, although you have to look for a rickety board (that says Noida authority welcomes you). Although very few people might know that NOIDA is an abbreviation, for New Okhla Industrial Development Authority

Anything new is first tried out on Delhiites, cos Delhi has good visibility govt. wise, like CNG is quite an old thing now for us.

Take care
    ~Abha

8. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Totally hilarious Meera! Enjoyed it thorougly. I could actually hear Sardarji's Punjabi tone in my ears!

Oh, I totally know how one can be fleeced in a new place that they do not have an idea about. Your incident brought back a similar memory from ages ago, probably 20 yrs ago. It was in Delhi too and a Sardarji ofcourse. We kept going in circles or whatever other geomteric shape, to get to Tilak Nagar from the railway station. Those days there were no cell phones so we could even call my Aunt to ask her. It was surely not funny then but when I thought about it now after reading your post, it did bring a smile.

Loved your funny narration.

SS

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meera,

I am sure u will never forget that Sardarji ever again.what a character.Loved yr way of telling the story.

Regards.kamal

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Meera,
    it would have been a horifying experience, had it been in Chennai. Chennai auto drivers (from the Central Station) are not very reliable, even for a native. At least, that Sardarji took you to the destination finally, without abandoning you halfway, like Chennai auto drivers.
    We too had been to Mayur Vihar during our visit to Delhi some years back and luckily we always get the right instructions from the relatives before starting.
    I have had much bitter experiences, as people mistake for Ambattur Estate for Ambattur and we have to have a fight invariably. Then we used to say, on the way to Avadi.