1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friends Plz help me.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by regretfulwife, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regretfulwife

regretfulwife New IL'ite

I am an accountant and married my boyfriend now my hubby a professional and we both loved each other a lot. He has been there always for me whenever I needed him. Everything was superfine and he used to pamper me a lot which I loved very much. I dont know what happened but Slowly his love started fading and fights started between us. I understand he is stressed and brings office tensions and frustration at Home and yell at me and i would too sometimes fight back i too work and come home tired but atlast he would later apologise. He expects me to be as he wants only all the time. Don't I have any expectation from him??

When his parents came to stay with us for somedays on a verbal fight between us he slapped me infront of them. Afterwards Even my FIL and MIL started yelling at my husband for beating me. I cried felt insulted and In the heat of that moment the next morning i packed my bags and came to my parents place. I do admit am short tempered and most of the fights were because of that reason only. When my parents called him he apologised and on my inlaws pressure he later came to take me home. I too waited for a chance and stupidly Insulted him and his ego by accidently yelling at him that " you are a dumb husband and marrying you was my biggest mistake and now I regret it" and refused to go back with him. I do want to stay with him and I just removed my anger upon him in such bad mouth words. I didn't mean it. He immediately left my place and never bothered to contact me or even call me afterwards. He never returned to my house to take me home. I was freaked, angry and fustrated with him.

When he fully started to treat me like an unknown person and the mental harrasment he gave me I filed a Dowry harrasment, Domestic Violence case against him which I regret now. Next day after my concience began to bite me I even went to Police station to drop charges against him but they refused saying it can't be dropped. Court has to decide once a case is registered. I never intented to hurt him. He and my inlaws were questioned by Police and got bail from Court. Police investigation proved that i lied and i too in the earlier stage itself agreed i filed it in a heat of moment and was not true and they all were aquited. But since after that incident i lost everything. My inlaws too hate me along with my Husband. I apologised 1000 times but they are never forgiving me. My MIL also yelled at me not to show my face to her in future.

Now in retialiation he filed for Divorce case against me on grounds of cruelty and has initiated Perjury proceedings against me for false cases against him and his parents. Help how do I tackle this.?? I also has filed for restitution of Conjugal rights against his divorce petition.
    My lawyer told me that since he proved that dowry case and Domestic Violence were false case my case is weak and I might land in trouble if he moves ahead with Perjury law. Moreover he can get divorce as i filed a false cases on him. According to my lawyer the only way left is now to convenience him to take back perjury case. Help me I don't know what is happening with my life?

Court has summoned me and i need to file a reply by Wednesday as to why I should not be punished for filing false case. Now my Husband is treating this situation as an india pakistan war. I want and am ready for marriage councelling but he boldly refused infront of Police officials. My head is spinning now and am scared to talk to my husband and inlaws as I know they will abuse me. I don't know what future is coming to me? I agree I made a big and stupid mistake but plz I do want my marriage back. I am ready to do anthing if that leads him to take me back and be an obedient wife as he wants me to be but I don't want a Divorce. I am really rependant for my wrongdoings but how do I convenince him to drop all cases and agree for a compramise on this issue. I still do love him and want to be with him.

But now I myself ruined my life. Please advice me to save my marriage. I don't want to have a tag of Divorced woman. I am also afraid of the Perjury case he has initiated against me. My Lawyer tells me to anyhow convinence my Husband to drop it otherwise i am in big trouble. I called him many times but he left a message to me not to contact him anymore or he will file additional case against me. Whatever is necessary to be said will be said by Court. Please Help me.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You think filing such serious cases against someone and his family is a joke!
    Do you know the punishment for these.And then you say you love him.What a joke.

People who abuse such laws not only abuse the victims but also all those women who need this law.

Advice to you is to take to realize the gravity of the situation and accept what has happened. Don't live in a dream about getting back and staying married to him. That will not happen....not when you even got his innocent parents involved in such a serious police case.

Accept your fault and accept the consequences. Take this as life lesson .
    Take some anger management therapy.May be you could convince the court about your sincerity in trying to be a better person.

Try to get your parents to talk to his parents. Try to convince him to drop perjury case.
    As for the 'divorced' tag....it is much better that the 'criminal' tag you tried to put on him.

34 people like this.
  3. Rushu

Rushu New IL'ite

Write him an apologise mail, if he is not ready to talk. Words spoken can never be back, i feel sorry for you. We shouldnt make any decisions in anger( keep that in mind for future). Anyways talk to him calmly, convince your MIL, tell them it just happened at the spur of the moment, you respect them. I understand teh situation is tough. We can just understand cant feel you right now, have faith in god, if he doesnt forgive, let it go, you have no choice..You did your part..God bless you.

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

OP- I feel for you because you are a victim of your own rash and inconsiderate behavior. You just cut your nose to spite your face.

You sound immature and spoilt. You say your husband changed after marriage but perhaps he just got tired "pampering" you all the time. Marriage is about two people loving and respecting each other but your expectation were to be pampered and treated as a princess but that routine gets old quickly with anyone except parents who perhaps are the only ones that tolerate that the longest.

You husband was completely wrong to slap you. However, you IL's stood by you then as they should and even made your husband apologize. Your husband came to get you back. Even with all this, instead of calling a truce, you made complete mockery of the laws that are there to protect helpless women and perjured yourself. You broke laws and made the innocents- your IL's and your husband lose their dignity with your lies. I don't know if they can forgive you or if you can fix your marriage. It surely will take a miracle for that to happen.

OP you did not make a stupid mistake. You willfully played with other people's lives to feed your ego not mention commit a crime. You are only sorry because you are in bigger trouble with law and fear losing your husband and marriage.

Your husband has realized that you are a dangerous person and rightly wants to keep his distance. Take this as a lesson to have bit more control of your emotions and go for some anger management. One thing about being an adult is taking responsibility for your actions. Your actions landed you in this mess. If you want better outcomes, learn to act accordingly.

14 people like this.
  5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I understand you where very much hurt and upset when he slapped you, I too understand you left the place and needed some time and space, but you should have used them to get a clear mind. It seems a bit like you both been trapped in a spiral downwards and non of you knew a way to get out of there, when one did a thing the other reacted even worse and so on...Its sad how this went, very sad.

Please understand what you did and read Yellowmangos post very carefully. Such cases are a very serious issue and there to protect innocent victims who suffer unimaginable pains. If these law is missused like you say you did ladies will be in future labelled as liers and making up things to hit back and being immature.
    Now its done and gone, we can discuss all day long what one should have done or not.. its too late.
    In my opinion you need to do following things, and im sorry im not a laywer for legal things please listen to your laywer.

Go to a good councellor, speak to her/him about anger management and try to discover the reasons why these outbursts happen to avoid such situations in future. Please talk to him too about the stress you are going now through as this is a tough time for you, even you did mistakes, now after you repent i feel you might need support - emotional and legal support - to get out of this mess. Try to not act in the heat of the moment in future and learn some techniques to calm down before you act.
    You can consider writing together with your laywer an official letter of excuse. Send one copy to your husband, one to his parents and one to court. It should contain appologies to all hurt persons. If you mean it by heart it might give you a little reliefe from what you did and will help your healing process, it will too help to make a good impression in court and show that you are willing to change. Especially when they feel you mean it.

Please do not expect you husband to come back. Too much happend.... I dont feel that it is possible to fix your marriage. I hope you parents support you. Dont be afraid to be a divorcee and please dont do any further mistakes you will regret, thinks can still get worse if you push it too far so be carefull please.

5 people like this.
  6. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Completely agree with yellowmango and sdiva. OP -All I am thinking now, what were your parents doing about all this? How did they let you go ahead with filing that case in the first place,when they know very well know its not the truth? If they were supporting your decision, then none of you have ethics and conscience, or it could be that you did not listen to them, shows your immature,hasty nature and dug your own grave. Truth prevails and your husband won, but what if it wasn't the case? he would be humiliated for no reason along with his innocent parents.
    Playing with law has its repercussions...it doesn't look like things will get solved that easily, first retrospect and learn to accept what you will be facing now, be strong and be prepared.

I would say Divorce is the better option for you both as living together again is not a possibility with such a past. Don't be desperate in convincing him, sometimes silence can work in your favor. Sounding desperate can convey the wrong (actually right) message that you haven't understood the depth of your actions and just want to get out of it somehow. Give it sometime...you have not just messed with family but the LAW...all you can do is just Pray

5 people like this.
  7. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

Taking a man and his parents to Police and Court by filing false complaints against them is in deed an act of CRUELTY. It can do a damage which can not be repaired later.

I think, in your case also , the damage done can not be undone. Any man in your husband's position would do the same , which he is doing now.

2 people like this.
  8. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    men donot forgive easily. They just move away.
    do not commit anything in email if you say that its all your fault in email then he can use it as a proof against you. If possible talk to his parents, say sorry and see how things go . If that option is cut out then if you both have common relatives then ask them to convince ur inlaws . I woukd say choose the right person as a mediator. I feel that you might also been frustrated and kept cases aginst inlaws. Past is past . If nothing works out least you can do is get out of marriage peacefully with out fighting eith your husband.

4 people like this.
  9. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Yours is love marriage. So, he knew about your short tempered nature before marriage. But raising his hand on you(that too in front of a third person) is a bad start. If you would have stayed calm, he wouldn't have thought next time before raising his hand. In that aspect, you did a good thing by showing him that raising hand is not tolerable. But I feel that he should have tried to contact you after you badmouthing.. What he did(raising hand) was not fair and what you did was a reaction(bad mouthing). A person in love can understand the hurt in lover's eyes. This means that his ego was more than love towards you.
    Now, coming to part-2 of police case. Imagine yourself in his position. If your spouse would have filed a case against you and police locked you(and your family) up, what would be your state then? His pampering spoiled you the core and you couldn't realize that life is not the same all the time. But unfortunately, once a situation reaches police\court level, the relationship can never be same even if you get together.
    You are not 100% wrong(until filing police case). Try to see if you have any good contacts of lawyers/police and ask them suggestions on how to pacify this case. Often raising hand is not taken seriously. I think women should do that to men to show how it feels.

3 people like this.
  10. regretfulwife

regretfulwife New IL'ite

I have to attend the Court today failing which a non Bailable arrest warrent can be issues against me. This is what my lawyer told me. My Divorce case is weak since he proved I filed a false case and th Court wilp lean on his part. I want this marriage to work. I admit I was stupid dumb and foolish wife to file case against him. He is adament on dicorce. I am ready for marriage councelling but he boldly refused infront of Police officials. I don't want Divorce.

He has initiated Perjury proceedings against me for false cases against him which can land me in 3 or 7 years in jail as per my lawyer. My body is shivering. I haven't slept for last few days. I don't want to go to jail I will prefer suicide instead of that. He is not even talking to me. I am afraid now. I didi it in an anger but he is my husband na he could have forgive me. I want to start a new life with him. I even went to Police station to drop charges against him but they refused saying it can't be dropped. Court has to decide once an FIR is filed?? HELP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.