Nightie in Public

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JanSri, Jan 28, 2015.

1. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

I hate nighties.

It has become so popular and convenient, because it was convenient to cover their
    ugly shaped body. In addition many people use it as an ''all in one'' tool.

Instead of using a tissue or towel, many use to wipe their hand, nose sometimes even utensils with their nightie..Can you believe that?

2 people like this.
  2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

True true.. I have seen it also..wiping their kids nose. Wiping the utensils and tiffin box.. Nightie is all in all.. Used like a spare cloth and as well to wear outside.
    ILs supporting Nightie in this forum are talking about decent Nighties, just worn as a dress. Nope, we are not against it...

1 person likes this.
  3. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

i agree that sometimes i also commit this crime reluctantly ...
    but with a duppatta ofcourse ...
    thought of getting licence for this tall gown?? under the decent wear category like tracksuit ? by any means ...
    a nice t-shirt or short kurta on this COSTLY DIETY WILL WORK aa ?
    any ideas ladies ?!...... seriously ppa ..

1 person likes this.
  4. drnamshara

drnamshara Gold IL'ite

laugh1smiley that is true!!! ewwwwwww :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  5. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

well..... now that i have seen people doing with saree pallu as well. Saree pallu works as tissue, hand towel, kitchen towel, wipe, what not, on anything and everything, like fruits, vegetables, utensils as well as their kids nose, hands and head. Multipurpose tool you see!!! :cool2:

6. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

yes, i have seen that version as well!! :|

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Such people will do the same with sari and other dress too. Nightie is just one dress out of many for them to use for multi-purpose. However, I am still unable to understand as to why some people hate nightie this much?

Even an sari or T-shirt or a good qality Kurti will look odd if that is worn without proper inner ware or size or bad quality material. So, here the problem is not about inner ware or bad quality material or the shape of the nightie, but nightie in common.

I support wearing a nightie in night. But for urgent cases like popping out of the house to send off kids, buy veggies on the street near the house, dumb trash bags etc..etc... I feel, changing cloths is unnecessary. You can manage with a proper nightie with proper inner wear. That saves your time.

Again, I hate wearing a nightie to the mall and theater. But again, if that happens unexpectedly and unavoidably then it is fine. Like, old women goes to hospital, and end up stopping at a mall as their accompanying member stopped so. Kind of agreeable for me

8. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

i agree..... saree in fact leaves so many parts visible, where as nightie covers up everything well......just that it doesn't make the person wearing it look good and little weird in public.

9. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Yuck! shakehead

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You are right. It is the ugliest dress to wear in public as the way we wear it inside 4 walls. But with proper under garment and good quality materials/colors and also the shape, it can become all-in-one at least to wear as a housecoat on an emergencies, if not for malls and outings. Even then, I wouldn't judge people for wearing it like this. Because some of our regular cloths like spagatti/skinni and leggings or even sari can cause nauseating feeling to some who only wear a burkha for outside.