Low Calorie Soups to reduce weight

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Jan 28, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you

Hi Shobana,

Thank you for your FB. Olive is good for health than butter.:-D

2. amudham

amudham New IL'ite

Thank you for the Soups recipe.

Thank you so much Krishnamma for all the soup recipes.

I prepared the Vegetable stock. - need to find ways to use it.
    Today I am going to prepare either the tomato soup or the spinach soup and will let you know.

I did try the Cabbage soup in the week end.
    During prepration, I added less salt.
    While having, I added little salt, pepper (dash), a drop of pepper sauce and I enjoyed the soup.

My husband also liked it very much.

Once again thank you very much for your contribution /creating a separate link.
    Thanks
    Ezhil

3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

I tried the Cabbage soup which is really tasty. But unfortunately I forgot to put grrenchillies in it. Mean while I add some black pepper powder, I didn't found much difference. Me n my hubby we both enjoyed the soup.

Thanks agian Krishnamma for such a nice work
    Teja :wave

4. krishnaamma

Hi Ezhil,

Thank you very much for your FB. Happy to hear that your husband also liked that soup. Enjoy by preparing all the soups one by one. So you will have varity in your dish.:-D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  5. krishnaamma

No Problem Teja

Hi Teja,

Thank you for your FB. You added black pepper insted of green chilly is it not?
    No problem. We are pereparing according to our taste. There is no such rules that you have to follow the same, or if we forgot to put some ingredient we must know how to over come from it. That is Cooking.:-D

You prepared a nice soup, that is all. Enjoy all varities one by one and let me know about the alterations.:-D

6. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Krishanamma

Seen ur low-calorie soups. They r really very useful for people who want to reduce weight. Soups are really stomach fillers with good nutritive values and by taking them before meals we can reduce our daily intake of food without compromising on essential vitamins and minerals.

So nice of u to share them with all.

With love
    Varudhini

7. krishnaamma

Hi

Hi Varudhini,

Thank you for your kind Post. Enjoy preparing Soup.:-D

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma and Vandhana,

Krishnaama, great job with all your recipes, esp the low cal soups.

Vandhana and Krishnaamma, I heard of this soup called Dr Broilers broth. I am not sure if this is the right spelling, so if you can tell us more on this,I will be grateful.

This broth is one part each of celery,French beans,courgettes,parsley. Boil till cooked,liquidise,gulp. Shld be drunk before meals thrice a day for full results. Drains water from the body,prevents water retention. Aids weight loss.

Will be grateful if you can tell me if these facts are right.Thanks in advance.

affly
    Vidya

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

This is the first time i am hearing about Dr Broiler's broth. But it seems to me that Broiler probably refers to chicken or some such white meat broth. The rest of the veggies you can find in the traditional cabbage soup recipe.
    Of course any low fat soup, like the cabbage soup will promote water loss and weight loss, firstly because you are taking in more liquids in a day in addition to the water intake and secondly the soup is so full of fiber, that one bowl is enough to fill you up . You will not feel like eating anything more.

Lets search the web for the Broilers Broth recipe, if not , Vidya just heat a big pot and saute all the following veggies: cabbage, celery, courgets, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, beans( french), onions , bell peppers( green, red yellow) etc.. in some olive oil, add water and make up your own veggies broth . I have read about people liquidising the soup and having it, but it tastes equally good as is. besides, when you actually chew on the veggies, your brain gets the satisfaction of having " eaten" something.

Vandhana

10. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

cucumber soup..

Dear Krishnaamma
    Tried your cucumber soup y'day night.It was so tasty and refreshing.Thoroughly enjoyed it.Had a good helping and skipped dinner.

Thanks a lot.
    Regards
    Honeybee