1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

M hubby listen to his MOM blindly

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mallishwari, Feb 20, 2015.

1. mallishwari

mallishwari New IL'ite

My hubby listen to my MIL blindly he never thinks or judge himself if she is right or wrong, whatever she says he blidly obey. He and my MIL making my life worse i have to be under their control no freedom for me. My life goes according to my MIL she plays main role, my hubby calls daily and inform each and everything to her our small arguements my small mistakes she inject him very badly and turns hatred towards me and my family he also speaks same like MIL and used bad words about my parents and my sister family though my sister family is here in one city we hardly meet he doesnt like me to meet my sister but he meets his brother regularly if i ask he says he belongs to his family and his brother is impt not my sister family. When my parents were here he was good at first they helped a lot he also knows that they bought so many things from India, but when my inlaws come they dont bring single item which is useful for us not even for their grandchildrens nor her own childrens she always knows to take she wants more more and more respect, money, give importance to her everyone around her should bow their heads towards her. She plays very cheap tricks and very very intelligent she hides those tricks from their son and my hubby do not know anything if he knows he includes in that cheap tricks. i am worried about my life. He is good to me if she is not in picture if she comes here or if i go to india then my life is worst than a servant. she wants me to be with her help her she should see me working in kitchen all the time if i take rest she dont like she tells my hubby new stories and he believe i keep shouting its not true he dont believe me. Help me. I cant share with anyone my life is worst i cant invite my own sister happily to my house for dinner or lunch. he is very much money minded if they what they eat how much..., he always we have to save money dont just invite anyone. he do not help my parents in any aspects if he wants by chance my MIL will not allow him to do so. My mom was hospitalized for few days but did not allow me to visit her or see her after a week i fought then my FIL agreed and sent me to visit my mom . My MIL did not have curtiousy to call my mom or me to know how she is doing. She wants me to work like servent to her but cant see helping my mom i was only for 2 days came back she did not ask me how my MOM was, she is such a rude and worst person ever saw in my life. My hubby listen to her MOM even he did not talk to my parents and later went to check if that was true whether she was hospitalized or not. He keeps spying me all the time. i am really going down to tears cant share to my parents as they are old and cant take anymore they know his behaviour they are scared to come but worried about me. Help me ladies i will be thankful to you. HOW CAN I CHANGE MY HUBBY BEHAVIOUR AND WHAT SHOULD I DO TO STOP LISTENING TO HIS MOM. When will good time and days come to me.

2. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

OP,

How long have you been married? Are you earning?

You are a grown up. No one can force you to work like a servant. Just don't accept such behavior. Take control of your life first. Every thing else will fall in place.

Go and meet your sister as often as you like, without your husband. You don't need his approval for this. Just say "She is family", when he asks you to stop seeing her. Don't argue about this further. Just refuse to stop seeing her.

Reduce the daily calls to weekly calls. Plan some stuff every evening, like a candle light dinner with his favourite items and a movie, going to the gym together, going for a walk, going out to a restaurant, etc. instead of calling ILs every day. Make it fun for both of you. Make some friends that you can visit together sometimes. Let your husband know it makes you see him as a child when he complains about you to his mommy.

You also should stop complaining about MIL to him. The two of you should be able to enjoy each other's company together. All these complaints will automatically stop.

3. mallishwari

mallishwari New IL'ite

thanks for your reply, It has been 8 years we got married, ya I reduced calling my sis and not meeting them regularly they also knew my hubby behavior. I don't complaint about MIL but tell him what happened when he is good to me. he listen in front of me but when he sees his mom he ignores me he deletes me completely I don't know why he is so scared of his mom his brother and his dad also scared of my MIL. I don't know what magic she has they do anything to any extreme for her. When she comes here she don't touch nor do any help if she does my hubby takes class for me if she do not help my hubby checks time keep calling how I am with them at what time I gave them lunch what is the menu, he has to call daily or else she scolds very badly. I don't know.

4. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Why are you letting him do this? He should also be a little scared of you too. You are letting him off too easy. Your husband is an adult who does not need to call his mother daily. It seems too childish. Why are you tolerating it?

1 person likes this.
  5. girlieyonee

girlieyonee Senior IL'ite

what is your problem if he calls his mother daily. Give useful advise to OP

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

8 yrs is a long time... I really doubt it he will change. Sorry but you have to get frank and blunt.

7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Probably you could have...

3 people like this.