1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

tired of mil's cheap tricks :(

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by internetmom, Feb 19, 2015.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am not condoning any behavior of your in laws, but could it be that they were afraid to open the door to strangers? Since you don't normally ring the bell at that time. My parents do not answer the door during the day when they stay at our place and they are alone during the day, unless we tell them we are coming. We have a lot of solicitors and they feel uncomfortable talking to them.
    Also, my dad likes to keep the TV at high volume even if they are not in that room.
    It doesnt sound like that in your case, but they may give that as an excuse.

2. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    It will be frustrating.Already with our own office work and personal work with kids , need to handle the cheap behaviour of these people.
    If u are not opening ur FIL can open the door for his wife na???
    Is he also going for walking and standing out with her?
    How can ur DH didnt think all this. How can children play is someone is knocking the door.
    So she is blaming everyone in the house right?
    How come he s shouting oly on you?You should ask everything then and there in front of her and insist her to answer.
    She is waiting for a chance to break the family. Be careful.

2 people like this.
  3. internetmom

internetmom Silver IL'ite

there is looking hole in the door. They could very much see me standing there :( :( :(

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yikes! Time for an intervention! This is ridiculous and dangerous behavior. What if you had an emergency?

5. sahithyak

sahithyak New IL'ite

Hi,

My mother in laws also the same kind of person.

We got married before 3 yrs. At the time, we are living with my in laws. She used to give us trouble by inducing my husband to fight and beat me telling every chilly nonsense mistakes and create sympathy on her. He will listen and believe only his mother words. If she tell 1+1=3, he will believe it and make me to believe it. I was so innocent at the time. I didnt aware of the her politics in our home and kitchen. When my parents come home, MIL and FIL will never treat them in good manner. I am also earning more than my husband. But my parents never get respect from my in laws and husband.

Now only i am really worried about the mistake i have done that got (love marriage)married immediately after getting job and never hear my parents words. My family is middle class family. My husband will collect all my salary and spend what ever he wants and never give it me. i am unable to help my parents and brother studies and lost my peace. He also used to beat me more often. I am really worried about it. I feel my life is meaningless because earning and giving my salary to my husband, also not getting enough respect and my parents also lost happiness.

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend....there are laws for people who beat up wives. Why are you with this abuser...go to your parents and live peacefully.

1 person likes this.
  7. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Make up some things about her and tell DH. Two can play at a game :evil:.

8. maya69

maya69 Gold IL'ite

This is advice is assuming of course that you live in a house with attached garage....Besides carrying a key yourself and one for your inlaws, can you install one of those keyless electronic entry pads outside garage door so you can punch in a code to open garage door and can come into house through garage door. the door from inside garage to house can be left unlocked until all have come in for the day. we do this way instead of using front door and no one needs to carry key just for going for a walk. Even my kids can come in from school without anyone being home and not carry key also. My in laws definetly do not hear front door many times. And now all phone calls get routed to my cell if they dont pick up house phone so there is no confusion as to what was said or who called.

9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

op if you are in us like your location info states then your post makes no sense to me. every body in us h or w will have house keys mixed with their car keys. why you need for them to open the door? Did you forget your keys along with your mobile?

Even if you are living in India, this is a stupid problem and can be fixed easily. Dont let it escalate. Every house whether in India or US has 2 -3 spare keys. keep one with you at all times and give one to mil in front of your dh. Dont leave door unlocked, if you do it regularly it may get noticed and become a safety issue for you and kids.